• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

qs

Established Member
Bossa said:
I think that Ben Arfa will solve our wing problems.

He's a brilliant attacking talent but he does very little for the team in defence and he wouldn't press or track back for us if we got him. I'd still love to sign him but you need to have the team ready for his problems and be willing to drop him at times, especially away.

Flow

I'd rather have a real winger this time. Ben Arfa is a left-footed inside forward. With Giroud we need a right-footed guy on the right flank with an excellent cross.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Weren't we heavily linked with Afra when he was in the French league but we opted for Nasri instead?

Proof

Established Member
Flow said:
I'd rather have a real winger this time. Ben Arfa is a left-footed inside forward. With Giroud we need a right-footed guy on the right flank with an excellent cross.
Antonio Valencia ;)

qs

Established Member
Penn_ said:
Weren't we heavily linked with Afra when he was in the French league but we opted for Nasri instead?

I still remember the Sun reporting it a done deal then 2 days later Nasri was announced.

Bossa

Established Member
Yaya said:

Been posting his name for years now in this thread. 3 years back when I saw him I knew that he's going to be special. I think that he can be as good as Ibra. It's too bad that we cannot afford him now. He will probably end up at Juve or Chelsea.

Dwangoon

Our best signing of the summer is Steve Bould... closely behind Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski.

Next best signing will be Usmanov... if he were in charge, I'm sure Wenger could have signed Jovetic + Fabregas to complete our puzzle. Or at least stop losing our best players every transfer window.

danccm

Dzagoev will be on a Bosman come January so we might actually sign him?

Anyone wants Del piero in our squad now?

I think he can do a job in the cup competitions like COC and FA which we can rest Giroud or Podolski.

Vibra

Established Member
danccm said:
Dzagoev will be on a Bosman come January so we might actually sign him?

Anyone wants Del piero in our squad now?

I think he can do a job in the cup competitions like COC and FA which we can rest Giroud or Podolski.

He wants to play though

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
hmmm, idk. likely to command huge wages given Bosman and the competition for his signature. depending on AW's valuation, but more than 50-60k will be too much to justify the gamble, we've seen it with Chamakh.

Yes, I know he's better than Chamakh :lol:

DontPushMe

Cesc unhappy at barca, to a man I bet he'll admit he made a mistake leaving us. Him coming back would be epic stuff.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2198316/Cesc-Fabregas-complains-life-Barcelona.html?ito=feeds-newsxml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml</a>

'Everybody likes to play every minute of the season,' he added.

'I've always said that I play for the best team in the world, but I came here to compete, to learn and enjoy, not to sit wracking my brains.

'The manager knows what I can offer. But across the three positions that I can play, I am competing with the three best players in the world.

'I'm delighted to be a part of this team but when a coach tells me I have to go, I'll go.

danccm

DontPushMe said:
Cesc unhappy at barca, to a man I bet he'll admit he made a mistake leaving us. Him coming back would be epic stuff.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2198316/Cesc-Fabregas-complains-life-Barcelona.html?ito=feeds-newsxml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'I've always said that I play for the best team in the world, but I came here to compete, to learn and enjoy, not to sit wracking my brains.

'The manager knows what I can offer. But across the three positions that I can play, I am competing with the three best players in the world.

'I'm delighted to be a part of this team but when a coach tells me I have to go, I'll go.
As Marca reported last month Cesc was told his playing time will be limited and he really isn't in villanova's plans at all.

Buhry

Established Member

danccm said:
DontPushMe said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2198316/Cesc-Fabregas-complains-life-Barcelona.html?ito=feeds-newsxml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As Marca reported last month Cesc was told his playing time will be limited and he really isn't in villanova's plans at all.

Get him in the January window, smash our transfer record, whatever. I would love to get fabregas back here. I know some people hold a grudge against him for the way he left, I don't. He was a great palyer for us for 6 years, then he wanted to return to his home club, suck it up I say. if he's willing to come back here I'd take him in a heartbeat.

The Escaped Ape

Buhry said:
danccm said:
DontPushMe said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2198316/Cesc-Fabregas-complains-life-Barcelona.html?ito=feeds-newsxml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get him in the January window, smash our transfer record, whatever. I would love to get fabregas back here. I know some people hold a grudge against him for the way he left, I don't. He was a great palyer for us for 6 years, then he wanted to return to his home club, suck it up I say. if he's willing to come back here I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I think the number of people who hold a grudge against him has decreased dramatically over time. He's handled himself with such class since leaving (and in retrospect, compared to others, during the transfer saga as well), that most have forgiven, moved on and feel an abiding attachment to him (as he does to us).

I'd of course take him back in a flash. But it's a foolish dream. There's no way we could afford him, even if he were available.

Outliar

Arsène knows, Fabregas is still an Arsenal player, he still has Arsenal DNA, he's only on a 3 seasons long loan to Barcelona, that's all :D

Vela

Established Member
I know the transfer window has just closed but I hope we buy a couple of players in January. Sometimes you need that new signing in the second-half of the season IMO. Signing Arshavin in January 2009 helped Arsenal finishing fourth that season.

Top Bottom