• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Charisma

Nani (Looks on his way out of Old Trafford, he would easily walk into our first eleven)
Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Out of contract this summer, could get him on the cheap in January)

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd take Nani you know not a huge fan of his selfish nature but he's a massive upgrade on every wide option we have.

dpt49

Established Member
Charisma said:
Nani (Looks on his way out of Old Trafford, he would easily walk into our first eleven)
Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Out of contract this summer, could get him on the cheap in January)
They would both walk into our first team
They are both experienced
They have both played at the highest level
They are both experienced internationals
They are both winners

I'm fed up with selling our best players and buying young potential or inferior players from inferior leagues.
These are the sort of players we should be linked with.

been

Never been sold on huntelaar even when he was top scorer of the U21s championships people were saying he was the next Ruud. I just never warmed up to him and I dont think I can.

We really missed out big on Reus.

mo50

Established Member
Luis Suarez. He's finally started to score goals. It was about time really, the guy is extremely gifted. Excellent football brain, is quick and is as clever as it gets when it comes to his dribbling.

The guy signed a long term contract recently though. I wonder how the **** Liverpool get their key men signed up. Do they really buy into the whole Liverpool family thing? That Anfield is the greatest stadium ever and YNWA?

It makes no sense for a player like Suarez to tie down the key years of his career at a club going nowhere. The same with Skretl/Agger. It's either Liverpool have a tremendous contract negotiator or the water in Liverpool is tainted.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Suarez could be better than Messi and I still wouldn't want him here. I'd rather have Joey Barton representing Arsenal than that vile, cheating scumbag.

dpt49

Established Member
Nani and one of Huntelaar/Suarez/Ba would be a massive upgrade on what we have.

Experienced at the highest level and affordable, these are the only players we should be looking at.
They might not be world class but they are certainly better than what we have.

No more bargain basement dross from inferior leagues.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nani, Ben Arfa and one of the strikers we have been linked to.

Then I would actually buy a shirt and make an effort to go matches again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Huntelaar i will take him really if Arsène really want him i think schalke will accept 10m offer. and of course a winger.

ArseneKnows-47

If it was any other season then I'd be against the signing of Huntelaar, but this isn't any other season. Our forwards are a shambles, leaving a potentially great midfield of Arteta, Wilshere and Cazorla with nothing to play with.

We need better movement upfront. We need attackers who will bust a gut to attack spaces in-between the opposition. We need a Falcao, but I guess even a Huntelaar would be a massive improvement on what we have now.

WengerFaithful

dpt49 said:
Charisma said:
They would both walk into our first team
They are both experienced
They have both played at the highest level
They are both experienced internationals
They are both winners

I'm fed up with selling our best players and buying young potential or inferior players from inferior leagues.
These are the sort of players we should be linked with.

Arsenal are a broken project - Players at the highest level have a choice of clubs and therefore will not pick this particular venture - in thier minds they have earned the right to walk into a ready made silverware winning club.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Huntelaar plays for Schalke, a club that hasn't won the league for more than 50 years, and besides the DFB-Pokal two years ago hasn't won anything for a long time. Some knee-jerk posts here, Nani who warms the bench behind Ashley ****ing Young for Manure and Huntelaar who played for Real and Milan and bottled both his chances at top clubs are "top players" who wouldn't come to a lowly club like Arsenal, after we just got Cazorla into the club, a player who won the Euros twice (and would have had a WC medal if it weren't for injury at the time).

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Fraser Forster
Victor Wanyama
Willian Borges da Silva
/
ppreflex.gif
:p

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Okay I want an exciting wide player. Zaha is this but he's talent rather than proven ability.

I want one of Ben Arfa, Nani or Lopez possibly in that order of preference.I'd also like Theo to stay and Gervinho to become a bench player.

A front 3 of BenArfa/Nani, Walcott and Giroud/Podolski would be dangerous.

ArseneKnows-47

truth_hurts said:
Okay I want an exciting wide player. Zaha is this but he's talent rather than proven ability.

I want one of Ben Arfa, Nani or Lopez possibly in that order of preference.I'd also like Theo to stay and Gervinho to become a bench player.

A front 3 of BenArfa/Nani, Walcott and Giroud/Podolski would be dangerous.

Giroud or Podolski in CF is far from ideal. A club like Arsenal really need better.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Sofiane Feghouli. Think this is even somewhat realistic, similar player to Nasri two or three years ago in that he's a CAM shifted to the wing, knows how to dribble very well, great technique on both feet and gets on the scoring sheet more often than Nasri did for Marseille. Still young at 22 too, think his contract should be up in 2014, so Valencia who are still having financial problems due to their new stadium are likely going to sell if he doesn't sign on till then.

If you think about it they have the exact same situation that we are experiencing now, with the difference that Valencia don't have a potent financial backer and no bank to finance their stadium. There are even more similarities, their last period of success was also from 1998-2004, they also struggled to retain their league titles (think they even won them in 01/02 and 03/04 too) and they also struggled in the Champions League, with their best runs ending in the final even twice.

Oh, and for our knee-jerkers, he scored twice today, so get the "Sign him up!"-signs out. :p

Latest posts

Top Bottom