• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
mo50 said:
Luis Suarez. He's finally started to score goals. It was about time really, the guy is extremely gifted. Excellent football brain, is quick and is as clever as it gets when it comes to his dribbling.

The guy signed a long term contract recently though. I wonder how the **** Liverpool get their key men signed up. Do they really buy into the whole Liverpool family thing? That Anfield is the greatest stadium ever and YNWA?

It makes no sense for a player like Suarez to tie down the key years of his career at a club going nowhere. The same with Skretl/Agger. It's either Liverpool have a tremendous contract negotiator or the water in Liverpool is tainted.

word. perfect match for our needs, probably a more skilled version of podolski so wouldn't create selection problems (albeit less clinical, but that ain't no shame)

i'd say a cheeky bid of 15mil in january, depending on the gap by that time.

fabo

6.51 / 10
You'd never get Suarez for 15m, he's quality. I predicted a better goalscoring season from him, looks good for 20-25 this year.

mo50

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:
Suarez could be better than Messi and I still wouldn't want him here. I'd rather have Joey Barton representing Arsenal than that vile, cheating scumbag.

He'd be our vile, cheating racist scumbag though. We'd defend him to the hilt and praise him when he scores. I'd love a forward like him but the idiot signed a massive extension. We should've been tapping him up in the summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dream footballer, been saying it since he's been at Liverpool, runs himself into the ground, and will always provide a moment of magic in a match, always trying to pull something out of the hat.

I don't think he's vile or racist either.

dpt49

Established Member
Segway said:
Would love Suarez as well. No way he's worse than that thug Joey Barton.
I would definitely have Suarez.
He has performed well for an underperforming team and has adapted well to the PL.
He is a massive upgrade on anything we have and a forward line including Walcott Podolski, and Suarez with a midfield of Wilshere, Arteta and Cazorla, would give us a chance of at least challenging for trophies.

We would still need a top quality winger as well but with a rumoured 50m at his disposal, Wenger could easily afford both.

Who am I kidding, we all know the next transfer window will be Walcott leaving and Zaha coming in, it's so predictable.

GDeep™

League is very weak
dpt49 said:
but with a rumoured 50m at his disposal

How long have we been saying this for? Every year since the stadium change. I don't ever see us going out and spending this money, if anything, the opposite, we sell players every summer and sign weaker replacements which makes think there are tiny transfer budgets for Wenger unless he sells.

Wenger wasn't scared to spend before the stadium change, so I don't buy this crap of him sitting on fortunes now. Im coming around to thinking we are not as financially set up as we would have hoped and things are tight. Never mind Chelsea, City and Manure, Sp**s have more bottle than us in the transfer windows.

I haven't seen anything since the stadium change to suggest Wenger can go out and throw money at top signings, seen the opposite though. 10 years ago we are signing Campbell, Jeffers, Wright, Van Bronkhorst in a single window, we can only dream of matching that now.

Things aren't as rosy as the club make out and they aren't telling us. We are being fobbed off with the FFP bollocks now, ''we'll compete in 2 years''.

dpt49

Established Member
GDeep said:
dpt49 said:
but with a rumoured 50m at his disposal

How long have we been saying this for? Every year since the stadium change. I don't ever see us going out and spending this money, if anything, the opposite, we sell players every summer and sign weaker replacements which makes think there are tiny transfer budgets for Wenger unless he sells.

Wenger wasn't scared to spend before the stadium change, so I don't buy this crap of him sitting on fortunes now. Im coming around to thinking we are not as financially set up as we would have hoped and things are tight. Never mind Chelsea, City and Manure, Sp**s have more bottle than us in the transfer windows.

I haven't seen anything since the stadium change to suggest Wenger can go out and throw money at top signings, seen the opposite though. 10 years ago we are signing Campbell, Jeffers, Wright, Van Bronkhorst in a single window, we can only dream of matching that now.

Things aren't as rosy as the club make out and they aren't telling us. We are being fobbed off with the FFP bollocks now, ''we'll compete in 2 years''.
Unfortunately I think you are probably right,
The famous war chest we have been told about for the last few seasons, has never been touched and should have increased in size, due to all the top players being sold.

At a time where we are obviously short on world class players, there is still no indication from the club that we are about to make any big signings.

How bad does it have to get before the war chest starts burning a hole in Wenger's pocket.

mo50

Established Member
There is money in the bank, I'd say much more than the 50m being reported. Fortunately for us the clubs financial results are put on the website and by all indications we're loaded. I agree with GDeep, there is no way Wenger declines money to sign top players. Wenger isn't given much and tries to maximize whatever he gets.

I have a few theories as to why we aren't spending it. Worst case scenario Kroenke is planning on taking dividends, and best case scenario is Wenger has indicated he wants to move on so we're giving the new manager all the resources. Either that or we're just so ****ing scared of missing out on CL football that we've saved 3 seasons' worth of CL income in case **** hits the fan.

Anzac

Established Member
Wrong thread perhaps for this discussion.

Just a quick couple of points:

1. If AW is working under restrictions then why is he NOT maximising the money he has available = why does he constantly generate profits in the market every season since 2007?

2. Our cash flow is poor - seen reports of it being single figures per season = it takes YEARS to build up to a decent amount & once we spend it it is gone;

3. The 50m 'war chest' figure is a match for the 48m profit generated in player trading since 2007;

4. The 'other' money has been used to pay for increased overheads (including wages that increased 20m last season),
AND our new facilities (150m medical expansion);

5. Our revenues have remained static since the move.

evoh_1

Established Member
Jovetic and Lamela would be my prefered targets and we should be pushing for Jovetic as he can easily be moulded into the complete package as a centre forward.

mistaT

Established Member
My "wish" is for us to stop thinking players like Diaby, Rosicky and Gibbs are going to contribute consistently across a season.

How we went into the season with Gibbs & Santos as our LB, and only Jenkinson as a fit RB is beyond me. We're incredibly lucky Jenkinson developed so well in the offseason/early season.

But to rely on Gibbs staying fit is asinine, and clearly Santos is well off a club like Arsenal's expectations for a LB.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
in: Fernandinho or Luiz Gustavo, Luke Shaw, Konoplyanka, Taarabt and Zaha.

Out: Arshavin, Chamakh, Bendtner, Denilson, Squillaci and Walcott.

dpt49

Established Member
fabo said:
That list of ins is terribly depressing and a bit ****.
It just shows that within a few seasons, not only has the level of player that Wenger and the board are targeting gone down, but the expectation of the supporters has gone down as well.

Some of the players that are being discussed on the Transfer Forum are bad enough but some of the players being on a Wish List are laughable.

Proof

Established Member
Alexandre Pato.

I have always been a fan of him. I know that looking at our strikers and at Pato's injury record it wouldn't be a good idea to try and sign him. Unfortunately if he will ever come to Premier League, he'll probably join his Brazilian mates at Chelsea.

Dwangoon

Same hopeful popping up... but probably got to accept that Arsenal is past-tense at this rate. Just watch and laugh off, there are a lot of things worth more passion and money, than to try killing it slowly.

Discuss who'll go out first, Walcott, Vermaelen or Sagna maybe, then possibly a signing in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom