• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Bossa

Established Member
fabo said:
Bossa said:
Lukaku is not even good enough for West Brom.

Think the potential is there, he made a bad move going to Chelsea as they have no patience or interest in developing players over a few years. He's scored 5 PL goals for WBA and hasn't really been a consistent starter, that's not bad tbf & more than our strikers are doing so far.

Wenger could make this kid great IMO.

I dont see a lot of potential. He's just a physical beast and stands out because of that. Skillwise he's very poor.

Bossa

Established Member
My list would be:

-Capoué
-Henry(obviously done deal)
-Jovetic(a man can dream), or Bony(from Vitesse)

thedon5

I'd like Bony for sure, but isn't he off to the AFCON with Ivory Coast?

One for the summer maybe, though I'm a bit doubtful about players bringing their great goalscoring records from Netherlands to here.

Henry
Zaha
Diame
Huntelaar

That's the best we could hope for realistically.

I'd rather Ba to Huntelaar for sure. On the topic of Ba, take a look at how poorly Newcastle are doing. Without the goals of Ba they'll do even worse, can't expect Cisse in his current form or one of the Ameobis finishing some of the chances he has been finishing. Maybe this is a chance to raid a quality Newcastle team? I'd definitely take both Cabaye and Ben Arfa here, the latter is exactly what we need IMO, and I really wanted Cabaye in the summer too.

If not now, definitely something to look at in the summer.

Mudi

• IN:
    - Guaita (Valencia): After the departures of Fabianski and Mannone, we will need a second goalkeeper that will compete with Szczesny for spot nr. 1
    - Neil Taylor (Swansea): Swansea already have his substitute with Ben Davies. Neil will be out till end of the season and will be cheap to buy. Young, solid, cheap, British left back, perfect to replace Santos and to fight with Gibbs for the LB spot.
    - Lars Bender (Leverkusen): Would be a perfect fit for our system. Box-to-box midfielder. Positionally good. Tactically disciplined. Energetic and mobile. Decent passing range. Technically sound. Competitive tackler. Not particularly creative, but is a solid transitional player.(description of another member)
    - Willian: Creative left winger, just what we need instead of playing Podolski there.

Out:
    - Fabianski: end of contract, is he even at the club?
    - Mannone: simply not good enough
    - Squillaci: end of contract, finally!!!
    - DJ: it's f*cking time that he leaves
    - Santos: Why did we buy him in the first place???
    - Coquelin: he'll request to be put on the transfer list after buying another midfielder,
    - Walcott: will be sold in january for ending contract
    - Arshavin: end of contract
    - Park: simply not good enough
    - Chamakh: simply not good enough, will go on loan to bordeaux while we pay a huge amount of his salary till his contract ends in 2014.
    - Bendtner: will finally be sold to a Russian/Turkish/German team
    - Denilson: will finally be sold to Sao Paulo

Squad 2013-2014
Defense
GK: Szczesny, Guaita, Martinez
LB: Gibbs, Taylor, Vermaelen
CB: Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Miquel
RB: Sagna, Jenkinson, Bellerin
Midfield:
CM: Arteta, Wilshere, Bender, Diaby, Ramsey
AMC: Cazorla, Rosicky, Eisfeld
Forward:
LW: Willian, Gervinho, Podolski
RW: Chamberlain, Gervinho, Gnabry
FW: Podolski, Giroud, Campbell

First team
------Szczesny-----
Sagna-Mert-Verm-Gibbs
--Bender-Wilshere--
OAC---Cazorla---Willian
------Podolski-----

Second team
-------Guiata------
Jenks-Kos-Miq-Taylor
-Arteta-Diaby-Ramsey
Gerv----------Rosicky
--------Giroud-------

DontPushMe

gooner_23 said:
-Jovetic
-Isco
-Gustavo
-Nani

Jovetic, Isco and Gustavo are enough to get this club back on its tracks. Nani would be a bit of a luxury if we could get the rest. It's almost painful how unrealistic this wish list is for our club though. Either way some drastic changes will be needed in January if we want to challenge for any silverware. The premier league title is probably too far gone already.
I agree that we need something like this. Jovetic is my dream signing, i think he'd be massive for us. Isco as well.

Nani is unnecessary in this, as i think those 3 signings would be perfect.

Gustavo-Wilshere
Cazorla
Isco-Jovetic-Podolski

Nice.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Due to clauses, we could get both Ba and Diamé for 11 Mill in January, both experienced in the PL and none cup tied for the Champions League.

You won't ever find such no-brainers again in the market.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
anyone interested in Christian Eriksen? made noises about being willing to leave Ajax and has already told them he wont extend his 2014 contract. He was the next big thing a year or 2 ago, but seems to have stalled a bit..

Vibra

Established Member
Cudareli said:
Isco, Ba, Adrian, Ben Arfa, Baines and M'Biwa in.

Gervinho, Chamakh, Squillaci and Santos out.

Imagine going into a match having no idea who will start in the front 3 positions because there is too much proper quality there to pick from. That's the stuff dream are made of.

Who's gonna buy Chamakh or Squid though? Getting rid of players like that is a

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
Due to clauses, we could get both Ba and Diamé for 11 Mill in January, both experienced in the PL and none cup tied for the Champions League.

You won't ever find such no-brainers again in the market.
Wouldn't mind that at all.

eye4goal

Established Member
I watched PSV the other day, and I was so impressed with their front-three especially the wide forwards Lens and Narsingh. I'd prefer Ben Arfa, but one of those two could be an alternative, as Newcastle might ask for stupid money as they did with Carroll.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if we not sell chamakh squillaci arshavin i will give up really they are earning between them almost 150k per week for doing nothing we must sell them all and buy a quality player and give him their wages.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we sold them three along with Gervinho, it'd almost be as good as signing a £25M player.

Bossa

Established Member
Chamakh
Gervinho
Squillaci
Arshavin
Djourou
Fabianski

We cant even get 10m for these jokers yet they earn around 400k a week = 20m year....for doing nothing

Then we also have out those guys out on loan like Bendtner, Denilson and Park.

What a joke we are.

evoh_1

Established Member
If we want to change and get new players in we have to clear out players taking yup 25 man squad places.

We have made a mistake with giving these players too much and need to take the hit by giving them free transfers just to elminate the wages and allow us to build a more competitive strucutre.

How we can hope to sign the players we need when we leave so much waste on the table in the first team squad, its got to be around ~20% our our total bill, an outrageous amount.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I don't get why we aren't releasing some players from their contract, is it really that hard to work something out with Squillaci for example.

This summer he had one year left on his contract. Assume he earns 60K a week, give him 6 months of wages and send him off. He can then find another club where he can actually play, and if he earns half there of what he earns here he won't be off any worse. It does save us half a year of wages, though and a squad spot.

Unless, he simply is a ****ing leech who really doesn't want to 'earn' money and play, but rather just sit at home each weekend.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I highly doubt you can just rip up someone's contract and get out of paying him the full amount. These contracts are guaranteed I would've though, various clauses notwithstanding.

Loken

Wish List -

Lewandowski
Gustavo / Yanga-Mbiwa
Isco (Or tie down Walcott to a new deal)
Begovic
Henry (Season Loan)

Realistic Wish List -

Huntelaar / Llorente / Demba Ba
Diame
Zaha (Tie down Walcott)
Henry (Season Loan)

Reality -

Henry (6 week loan)

Latest posts

Top Bottom