• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Hummels has exceptional games but also a number of bad games as well. Just like our own CB's. Would rather someone more consistent like Miranda for around £11million than him for £25million.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Haven't watched Hummels in recent months, but I thought he was average last season and then got brutally exposed at the European Championships. He isn't ****, but like Lewadovski, is a hype job.

Can think of a number of better young European CBs I rather have.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Szczesny
Sagna-Kos-TV-Gibbs
Arteta-M'Vila
Wilshere
Santi-Theo-Podolski

Subs: Mannone, Merte, Coquelin, Henry, Ox, Giroud, Ramsey.

In the summer: A. Lopez, Wilfred Zaha, Edison Cavani, Luke Shaw.
Sell: Bendtner, Denilson, Arshavin, A.Santos, Djourou, Chamakh, Park.

mistaT

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
if cavani signs for arsenal, i will light myself on fire and jump off the hancock tower here in boston.

I'll drive to Boston and catch you if this were to happen :mrgreen:

ArseneKnows-47

Luke Shaw
Gustavo
Zaha
Villa

I'd be happy with that. Two bright youngsters and two established players. I really don't think we could do better than that.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
thinking semi-realistically

-- sagna ------- per ------- tv ------ gibbs --

------------------- gustavo -------------------

------- wilshere -------------- cazorla -------

---- villa -------- walcott ------- podolski --

-- jenks ------ kos ----- godzilla --- shaw ---

------------------- arteta ---------------------

---------- ox -------------------- turan -----

--- zaha ---------- giroud --------- adrian ---

that means we have the following players coming in:

gustavo
david villa
stopila
zaha
adrian
turan
shaw

that seems unlikely i guess, but....its the wishlist

then we'd flog off

gervinho
chamakh
santos
arshavin
squillaci

ramsey is purely a squad player. diaby can go. rosicky as an injury replacement/rotation option i guess.

turan should be a starter and displace podolski, but he'll need a few months to settle.

again, its the wishlist.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
What's up with those spring-fall championships? I understand Russia switched to standard model, isn't there any other league like this? it worked well with Arshavin seeing as their season finished, he'd had a bit of a breather since their season finished in November.

Ukraine? Poland? Czech? maybe some mysterious northern tribes who play on ice with moose-skin footballs?

Floating

Established Member
ArseneKnows-47 said:
Luke Shaw
Gustavo
Zaha
Villa

I'd be happy with that. Two bright youngsters and two established players. I really don't think we could do better than that.

Yes please.

TheCourier

I still find it funny that most would have kos and verm in central defense. If the Newcastle game showed anything it's the simple fact tat per needs to be definitely one with either kos or ver. I'd still like a guy like hageland to be scooped or jag from Everton

Anzac

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/</a>

Some interesting snippits:

1. Barca have turned down a loan offer for Villa from LFC as they want a 16m sale;

2. AW has made a bid for Adrian but it is almost 1/3 below his release clause;

3. Spuds favourites to sign Holtby;

4. We are also chasing Shaw & Zaha.

TheCourier

Anzac said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some interesting snippits:

1. Barca have turned down a loan offer for Villa from LFC as they want a 16m sale;

2. AW has made a bid for Adrian but it is almost 1/3 below his release clause;

3. Spuds favourites to sign Holtby;

4. We are also chasing Shaw & Zaha.

Maybe I'm going to be shot for this but 16 mil for a 31 year old that's down very little in last 2 seasons. Look at Torres after his injury and how long it's taken. Don't get me wrong I think villa will do it fork us big big time but 16 er no.

Getting shaw would be great and zaha and added. All I ask is this where the hell is spuds getting all this money for these constant buys. They have to have a huge wage bill and have not had cl in years. I wouldn't be too disappointed in losing out on holtby if we got isco or someone like that. Would be calling for mvilla type player before those two though

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
you don't think maybe it had to do with the fact that Torres lost something physically with that injury? Villa - unlike even the likes of Tevez, Suarez or Lampard - doesn't depend too much on his physical qualities. With Aguero, and Rooney, it's a bit of a different story because they have so much more in their lockers, but even these two have impressively built that doesn't hurt one bit.

He could get battered in some EPL games though, but he could also excel in counter attacking situations

Latest posts

Top Bottom