• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Lamela isn't leaving, Roma have a billionaire owner plus paid good money for him, they are building a young talented squad and have the financial backing to not be forced to sell their players. He's still raw, but far more accomplished than Judas was at this stage of his career (he just made the move from Feyenoord to us at 21), took the snake until 2011 to hit the numbers that Lamela produces this season in the league.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Tbf he was most probably going to start banging in those numbers in 2009 if Chiellini hadn't done him in a pointless friendly international. He was well on his way to getting 30 goals and 20 assists then. Had he stayed fit we may have seen a closer title challenge than the one in 2007-08. Especially if you consider that was Fabregas' best season as well statistically and performance wise. IIRC in many games we resorted to playing Arshavin up front on his own that season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lamela is having great season for Roma but the player isn't looking for leaving he will stay for another year i think.

Buhry

Established Member

What do you guys think about Alexis Sanchez?

He looked very talented back before he went to Barca, but he does not seem to fit into their system at all...(like Fab).

He might be availiable this summer for a cut prize, do you guys think Wenger could get the best out of him?

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
I would take Sanchez in a heart beat. With that being said i would rather Di Maria though. Obviously we would have to see the back of Kouassi though.

Buhry

Established Member

Sydney Gooner said:
I would take Sanchez in a heart beat. With that being said i would rather Di Maria though. Obviously we would have to see the back of Kouassi though.

Shipping out Gerboue ranks pretty high up on my summer wishlist :shock:

Gervais

Established Member
Adler
Williams
Lars Bender
Jovetic
Higuain

- - - - - - - -- Adler
- Jenks - Mert - Kos - Gibbs
- - - --Bender - - Wilshere
Walcott - - Jovetic - - Cazorla
- - - - ------- Higuain

A strong, hard-working and efficient Anglo-German core with Jovetic, Cazorla and Higuain dealing with creativeness and goalscoring.

Dwangoon

For the start, lets hope we get either Jovetic (25m) or Higuain (22m).

Juventus is getting Llorente so I highly doubt they will get both. Last thing we need is like previous seasons.... good players leaving their clubs to anywhere but Arsenal.

+
GK.
DM.
CB/RB.

Anzac

Established Member
Di Maria available for 15m?????
Get the frakk INNNNN!!!!

Higuain
Jovetic - Cazorla - Di Maria
Gonalons - Arteta
Monreal - Kos - BFG/CB - Sagna
Adler/Szczesny

PL/CL next season.

Giroud

Established Member
Anzac said:
Di Maria available for 15m?????
Get the frakk INNNNN!!!!

Higuain
Jovetic - Cazorla - Di Maria
Gonalons - Arteta
Monreal - Kos - BFG/CB - Sagna
Adler/Szczesny

PL/CL next season.

Would you not say Arteta and Gonalons are too similar to create a solid partnership? We've seen how well Ramsey's energy and mobility have complemented Arteta's attributes so I see no reason to change that. If we want another player to play alongside Arteta we should look at someone in the same mould as Ramsey.

That attack looks top class though. Would work really well in that asymmetric set up like we were saying a while back.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Is Di Maria actually available for 15m ???

I think if we sign a defensive midfielder we should rotate Ramsey and Arteta for the position alongside him, assuming our team works well with a real defensive midfielder. It's looking quite packed around that area of the field right now so it looks like Wilshere will probably be converted to an attacking midfielder full time. If we can create a good balance between the Wilshere at AM + Santi out wide situation, sign a good defensive midfielder and a top striker our attack will look very good. In contrast, if the Jack + Santi combo continues to look average it will be hard for Wilshere to break into the team - I think a good pre season is massive for him.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I expect Jack to replace Rosicky in the future, only worry for me is how he'll link up with Santi then, who'll have to be shifted to the wing permanently (but with more freedom).

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I want.....

Arshavin
Squillaci
Chamakh
Park
Djourou
Coquelin
Denilson
Bendtner
Santos

.....all gone this summer.

Don't know exactly about the home-grown rule though, but Park, Chamakh, Santos, Squillaci aren't anyway.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Would be an amazing summer for sure if that happened.

Even if we kept the same team.

Saying that, I think Parks has already been paid off.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
@ RWA - Szczesny, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere and Walcott make 6. Chamberlain is HG too but still under 21.

Might have to buy a HG actually. I'd go for McCarthy from Wigan. He's nothing special but unlike most fans i don't think theres a need for a big signing in midfield. Arteta and Ramsey work really well together and i think Jack should still play in a deeper role. A solid 4th choice would be ideal imo so getting a promising player who is used to the PL and going cheap would do fine for me.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Thanks Armor, it does indeed look as if we're having to sign one home-grown player, if we clear the deadwood out.

I can live with McCarthy if he's the man, although it depends on the asking price. Now that Wigan are relegated, there's a chance we could get him cheaper, although it remains to be seen how tough a competition we'll be facing.

Floating

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
Thanks Armor, it does indeed look as if we're having to sign one home-grown player, if we clear the deadwood out.

I can live with McCarthy if he's the man, although it depends on the asking price. Now that Wigan are relegated, there's a chance we could get him cheaper, although it remains to be seen how tough a competition we'll be facing.

I believe Begovic is homegrown!

Wouterus

Mannone is home grown too, he might leave though.

I wouldn't mind keeping Coquelin around, but he wouldn't play much next year either, so it is probably best for him to look for another club.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Di Maria and Sanchez both available - I'd love either here but am afraid United will swoop for Di Maria and an Italian team for Sanchez.

Higuain, Jovetic, Villa - all of these players would significantly improve our goal scoring options and all are available.

For different reasons any one of these players would be a huge signal of intent and would shatter our transfer record but I'd expect to see somebody like Aubameyang come in instead.

Top Bottom