• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Proof

Established Member
If we'll sign Fabregas I would have no problems with Giroud being a starter. He can turn him into a 30 goal a season striker.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Villa/Sanchez
Higuain
Fabregas
Bender/Capoue/Gonalons
Williams (If Vermaelen leaves)
Young CB

Very attainable players but I doubt we would get all of them as it would be over £90 million, would give use a challenging squad though.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Adem Ljajic (ACF Fiorentina)
Stephan Lichtsteiner (Juventus)
Rene Adler (HSV Hamburg)
Rasmus Elm (CSKA Moscow)
Christian Benteke (Aston Villa)

LW: Podolski, Ljajic, Gervinho
ST: Giroud, Benteke
RW: Walcott, Chamberlain
CAM: Cazorla, Rosicky
CM: Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby
CDM: Arteta, Elm
LB: Gibbs, Monreal
LCB: Koscielny, Vermaelen
RCB: Mertesacker, Miquel
RB: Lichtsteiner, Jenkinson
GK: Adler, Szczesny

Vela

Established Member
I really don't want Gonalons he seems average to me. I don't understand what he would bring to the midfield to what Arteta/Ramsey doesn't? Rather we brought a midfielder who is quicker, has more energy, box-to-box than a player who will just sit in front of the back four.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I think it is important if we buy a CDM that they are good at passing/long passing. They way we are set up in that we build our passing, if we have a sloppy passer it really hurts us.

I would push the boat out for Gundogan, who can pressure in midfield and his passing is top notch. Rasmus Elm is another option, not really a physical player but a brilliant passer and sick at set-pieces.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
leo_ense said:
==============Szczesny============
=Pizczek=Mertesacker=Koscielny=Monreal=
==========Gonalons=Wilshere=========
===============Cazorla=============
====Walcott=====Higuain=====Gaitan===

Gaitan would be a great pick for creative winger, can play LM/CAM/RW and can beat a player too. Would probably cost a fair bit because it's Benfica though.

Floating

Established Member
Vela said:
I really don't want Gonalons he seems average to me. I don't understand what he would bring to the midfield to what Arteta/Ramsey doesn't? Rather we brought a midfielder who is quicker, has more energy, box-to-box than a player who will just sit in front of the back four.

Gonalons is stronger in the tackle, and much stronger in the air than Arteta (he's 6'2"). He's sort of like a bigger, younger, more physical Arteta.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How good is that Strootman lad? Looks like Carrick, if he plays like him we should snap him up.

Floating

Established Member
THunter said:
How good is that Strootman lad? Looks like Carrick, if he plays like him we should snap him up.

From what I've seen he's very different to Carrick, more like Gerrard - an all-action, dynamic box-to-box midfielder.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Think Gonalons is overrated on here. He's not better than Arteta for me - I'd take him but I don't see him massively improving us.

Strootman is overrated too.

You're all overrated.

Floating

Established Member
fabo said:
Think Gonalons is overrated on here. He's not better than Arteta for me - I'd take him but I don't see him massively improving us.

You're all overrated.

Not saying he's better than Arteta - he's only just turned 24. However, I think he adds a few elements that Arteta can't - height, physicality, strength in the tackle.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Floating said:
fabo said:

You're all overrated.

Not saying he's better than Arteta - he's only just turned 24. However, I think he adds a few elements that Arteta can't - height, physicality, strength in the tackle.

I agree. I think that Arteta is the most consistent performer in our team. Yet he is also a player who needs a rest occasionally, and if he were to get injured, we would struggle. So he needs a young understudy. Gonalons appears to be the perfect player, but he is at an age where needs guaranteed first team football. Can we give him that? I doubt it.

I have a feeling Wenger is looking for a more dynamic midfielder to play that role, someone who can offer something different to the team.

Anzac

Established Member
The problem IMO is that Arteta is actually covering 2 roles - that of a DLP as well as being our primary defensive presence in midfield.

As such I think we need to sign 2 CMs - primarily to cover the defensive requirement. The first role should be to rotate with Arteta, and the second to partner him.

If we only sign 1 player in midfield then we are essentially little better off than we were when we were over reliant on Song for any physical impact in midfield.

My ideal combo would be the likes of Gonalons who can act as Anchor/DM/DLP but are more defensive & physical like Song,
and Strootman/Scheiderlin who can still provide a partner in both role AND provide a B2B option, but are more creative and genuine replacements for Diaby.

trunks206

Established Member
fabo said:

You're all overrated.

:lol: :lol:

I dont know why, but that was funny to me.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Anzac said:
The problem IMO is that Arteta is actually covering 2 roles - that of a DLP as well as being our primary defensive presence in midfield.

As such I think we need to sign 2 CMs - primarily to cover the defensive requirement. The first role should be to rotate with Arteta, and the second to partner him.

If we only sign 1 player in midfield then we are essentially little better off than we were when we were over reliant on Song for any physical impact in midfield.

My ideal combo would be the likes of Gonalons who can act as Anchor/DM/DLP but are more defensive & physical like Song,
and Strootman/Scheiderlin who can still provide a partner in both role AND provide a B2B option, but are more creative and genuine replacements for Diaby.

Completely agree.

Apparently to some in here asking for two signings there is midfield overkill. Even though Diaby is now officially deadwood in the Denilson, Park mould for the rest of his contract. We've basically got only Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere available for those two deeper positions in midfield.

In previous wishlists after the Diaby ACL injury I've always felt it has to be Strootman + Gonalons/Bender/Gustavo.

Anzac

Established Member
Sydney Gooner said:
Anzac said:

Completely agree.

Apparently to some in here asking for two signings there is midfield overkill. Even though Diaby is now officially deadwood in the Denilson, Park mould for the rest of his contract. We've basically got only Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere available for those two deeper positions in midfield.

In previous wishlists after the Diaby ACL injury I've always felt it has to be Strootman + Gonalons/Bender/Gustavo.

Further to that IMO whilst the Arteta-Rambo combo may well be our most effective (as seen in this end of season run),
IMO it is still far too light weight when push comes to shove amongst the top clubs so far as providing EITHER a defensive capability OR a physical presence in midfield.

To put it simply this team has NO means by which to win the ball other than by flooding the midfield with bodies as seen in this 451.
We don't press from the front to supplement a high line in defence, and we have no genuine tacklers to win the ball back (other than perhaps Kos).

That said I'm hoping it has more to do with AW's constant compromises regarding his resources and roles,
as opposed to any genuine intent to flood the team with technical players for his 2-7-1 ideology, as even the 2-7-1 requires top class players in the key roles to be effective.

EDIT: I'm very concerned that AW is only looking at 1 player in midfield,
and is trying to find someone who provides maximum flexibility - another jack of all trades scenario that will end up resolving nothing other than providing another body, rather than actually addressing the core issues.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I dont understand why this thread simply isnt

Messi
Ronaldo
RVP

Goetze
Fabregas
Martinez

Lahm
Vidic
Kompany
Alves

Buffon

That is a real wish list - or is this the watered down realistic wishlist :S - while being slightly unrealstic?

If it is then

Wanyama - Higuain - DiMaria - Jagielka would be my choices

Top Bottom