• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
@ Anzac

Surely Arteta would be the most advanced midfielder if he's the 1 in a 4-2-1-3?

As for not working as a DLP etc..... i think he's done just fine this season as a DLP or CM or whatever he is. I'm not going to go overboard on formations, shapes and roles etc because i think its all a bit pointless tbh - imo we've basically been playing 4-2-3-1 for a long time now. Obviously the way it works differs when we change the xi from say Podolski playing wide to then Cazorla but its pretty much the same system every time.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Seamus Coleman.

Wishlisted him long ago before it became fashionable today, but if we sell Sagna I would love to get him here. I remembered that I got laughed at when I mentioned him, but think most would agree now after yesterday's performance.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

MutableEarth said:
What do you guys think of Luis Muriel??

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/30/4013486/liverpool-target-luis-muriel-as-suarez-replacement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... eplacement</a>
Liverpool linked.

Floating

Established Member
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
MutableEarth said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/30/4013486/liverpool-target-luis-muriel-as-suarez-replacement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... eplacement</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Liverpool linked.

Very good Suarez replacement, if true. Although he's not nearly at Suarez's level yet.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Arsenal_Soldier said:
I want Villa, Jovetic, Grenier, a DM who can play CB and an experienced keeper.

What would people say to Axel Witsel? Think he'd be a great fit here, gooner aswell.

Too pricey for us, very good player though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wishlist - Trabelsi, Veloso, Gourcuff, Martins

Seasons only been over for two weeks and I'm already bored!

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Floating said:
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
MutableEarth said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/30/4013486/liverpool-target-luis-muriel-as-suarez-replacement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... eplacement</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Liverpool linked.

Very good Suarez replacement, if true. Although he's not nearly at Suarez's level yet.

I agree, he is a constant threat with his pace and is a good finisher.

alboots101

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Seamus Coleman.

Wishlisted him long ago before it became fashionable today, but if we sell Sagna I would love to get him here. I remembered that I got laughed at when I mentioned him, but think most would agree now after yesterday's performance.

Yep, I like this fella as well.

trunks206

Established Member
Why dont we bid for Bale? United, City and Munich have no problem taking players off their domestic rivals so why worry about this battle for 4th **** with Sp**s when we could just take snatch Bale and significantly strengthen ourselves and badly weaken them all in one transaction.

________Arteta - Ramsey/Wilshere

____________Cazorla

__Theo______(New Striker)_____Bale

or even better....

_______Arteta - Ramsey/Wilshere

____________Fabregas ( :bounce)

__Theo______Bale _____Cazorla

United, City and Chelsea are all apparently in for him so why dont we throw our hat into the ring aswell?

(This is the wishlist thread so spare me the "he's too expensive" stuff, but seriously why arent we in for him too?)

Pea-Tear-Griffin

trunks206 said:
Why dont we bid for Bale? United, City and Munich have no problem taking players off their domestic rivals so why worry about this battle for 4th **** with Sp**s when we could just take snatch Bale and significantly strengthen ourselves and badly weaken them all in one transaction.

________Arteta - Ramsey/Wilshere

____________Cazorla

__Theo______(New Striker)_____Bale

or even better....

_______Arteta - Ramsey/Wilshere

____________Fabregas ( :bounce)

__Theo______Bale _____Cazorla

United, City and Chelsea are all apparently in for him so why dont we throw our hat into the ring aswell?

(This is the wishlist thread so spare me the "he's too expensive" stuff, but seriously why arent we in for him too?)

They would never sell him too us, Levy would despise that.

eye4goal

Established Member
ASAP Berg said:
Axel Witsel is a gooner and would be a good Diaby replacement but he's on huge wages and I doubt Zenit would sell him and take such a big hit on his transfer fee. He's wasting away at Zenit but from what I have seen in the CL he has played well, hes a good all-rounder with nice passing and skill, very much like Diaby.

Witsel is closer to players like Martinez than he is to Diaby and even Song. Zenit spent big money on him, so he won't be moving anytime soon. I think Benfica did get him very cheap from Belgium for £7m, and we missed out then

Anzac

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
@ Anzac

Surely Arteta would be the most advanced midfielder if he's the 1 in a 4-2-1-3?

As for not working as a DLP etc..... i think he's done just fine this season as a DLP or CM or whatever he is. I'm not going to go overboard on formations, shapes and roles etc because i think its all a bit pointless tbh - imo we've basically been playing 4-2-3-1 for a long time now. Obviously the way it works differs when we change the xi from say Podolski playing wide to then Cazorla but its pretty much the same system every time.

In the hybrid 4213 we used he'd be operating more from the CM line as in a 433 than from the AM line as in a 4231.

It's NOT Arteta as DLP that is my issue,
it's the DLP as the deepest CM and primary defensive midfield role that I have the issue with,
and more so when he's partnered with B2B CMs who are as creative minded and less defensively capable.
As I said earlier IMO it's the weakest CM options we've had physically and defensively under AW.

IMO we changed from a 4231 to more of a 451 / Asymmetric 4231 as not only did Cazolra replace Podolski as LWF, but he also dropped deeper to link with the CMs more readily than staying higher on the pitch - he essentially became a 4th CM/WM.

Gervais

Established Member
Isla, Pogba, Fabregas, Higuain.

--------Szczesny
Isla - Mert - Kos - Gibbs
----Pogba - Wilshere
Walcott - Fabregas - Cazorla
----------Higuain

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Fernando CDM Porto.
He has 1 year left on his contract, wants to leave and he would provide good energy and discipline to our midfield, and he looks as if he is breaking into Brazil's midfield for the World Cup.

leo_ense

Established Member
My semi realistic wish list team:

===============Cesar============
=Sagna=Mertesacker=Koscielny=Monreal=
==========Gustavo=Wilshere========
==============Jovetic============
===Walcott======Villa=====Cazorla===

Grenier, Ramsey, Vermaelen, Chamberlain, Giroud, Podolski, De Vrij, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Szczesny, Jenkinson, Yaya

Jovetic - 20m
Villa - 6-10m
Gustavo - 10-15m
Grenier - 5-10m
Cesar - 2-4m
Yaya - free
De Vrij - 6-10m

Add a bunch of talented youngsters and that looks a good squad, first team looks good as well.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
MDGoonah41 said:
witsel is scummy. can never forget this

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NuERX-5kc0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NuERX-5kc0</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Absolute horror challenge! Up there with the top 3 worst I've ever seen.

My opinion on him has changed so much :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom