Comments on Profile Post by SA Gunner

1. Jury
    Jury
    Rush of Blood To The Head wont ever be bettered! I've liked their latest release that done well though, the one with the monkeys? Not heard the album yet. 'X and Y' might be their next best album imo.
    Jan 9, 2016
    CurryFlavoured and SA Gunner like this.
  2. hydrofluoric acid
    hydrofluoric acid
    Always thought Coldplay was hugely over rated. Still learned all their songs on piano for the girls.
    Jan 9, 2016
    Jury and SA Gunner like this.
  3. SA Gunner
    SA Gunner
    A Rush of Blood is my co favourite actually, with their first album Parachutes. X&Y is probably their last release in their old style.

Their style now is very pop, and this album carries on with this trend. Still got some nice songs on them, the one with the monkeys is called "Adventure of a lifetime", and their are more of those to come. Beyonce features too, although briefly.
    Jan 9, 2016
  4. SA Gunner
    SA Gunner
    @hydrofluoric acid For piano and well known tunes, you cant go wrong with "A Sky Full Of Stars" "Speed of Sound", and of course "Clocks". Im more of a electric guitar man, so always look for their riffs and try and emulate that ;)

Coldplay is a little overrated in my view, I love them but not scared to admit that.

One famous description of them was.... U2 without the spirit.
    Jan 9, 2016
    Jury likes this.
  5. Jury
    Jury
    lol i completely forgot Parachutes (again!) That album always seemed like a prequel album, if you like. yes, second for me too.
    Jan 9, 2016
    SA Gunner and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  6. hydrofluoric acid
    hydrofluoric acid
    Amsterdam and Scientist were my to go song. I also played a lot of Muse songs. When ever I got over piano at parties, it really was chick magnet worth using at the time.

Electric guitar is nice instrument, but I never believed you could use it at parties. I learned Ukulele and normal guitar also.

Worst thing, I was a terrible singer. FFS...
    Jan 9, 2016
  7. hydrofluoric acid
    hydrofluoric acid
    About Coldplay, I don't think they were a bad band, they had good songs that everybody could like. I was just more deeper into all music at that time!
    Jan 9, 2016
  8. SA Gunner
    SA Gunner
    @hydrofluoric acid You quoting some classic tunes there mate. Amsterdam is dark but a beautiful song at the end of A Rush of Blood. The Scientist made it to mainstream, which I was always surprised about. Its one of their finest songs imo.

Muse is a great band as well. Same can be said with the likes of Radiohead. The British sure do put out some quality music if they want to..
    Jan 9, 2016
    hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  9. CurryFlavoured
    CurryFlavoured
    never really paid attention to which song belongs to which album, looked through robtth and love nearly all of them, 'amsterdam' is my favourite. Underrated.
    Jan 9, 2016
  10. hydrofluoric acid
    hydrofluoric acid
    Yeah there were some fine bands out there when growing up! What do you make of Arcade Fire? Think they were great, but never really lived up their potential. There were the last bands I listened to before I went all rebellion against the parents and world. While on rebellion I listened probably only to "Blonde Redhead" for a year or a two! FFS
    Jan 9, 2016
  11. hydrofluoric acid
    hydrofluoric acid
    Need to take flash back time and listening to all those pop bands like Coldplay and Muse again!
    Jan 9, 2016
  12. SA Gunner
    SA Gunner
    @hydrofluoric acid Came across them with the release of their "Neon Bible" album, although "Funeral" is a mother ****er of a release.. Listened to them round 2007-08, but like you said, they couldnt maintain the great start. Still play some of their songs now and again, like No Cars Go, Wake Up.
    Jan 9, 2016
    hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  13. Jury
    Jury
    Do any of you like 'See You soon' on their Blue EP? Crushes me every time I hear it tbh, and it's one I always forget because its not on an album!
    Jan 9, 2016
    SA Gunner likes this.
  14. SA Gunner
    SA Gunner
    @Jury, you are going into some advanced stuff now my friend. Really peaceful song, especially when Jonny Buckland comes in later on... goosebumps, love it.

Yes, See You Soon is one of the songs I'm surprised didnt make Parachutes as I rate it higher than a few that made the album.

It does get its recognition though on Live 2003

That is the Coldplay I remember, sad vibes yeah but quality man, absolute quality.
    Jan 10, 2016
  15. SA Gunner
    SA Gunner
    A collection of some wonderful "B Side" releases, as it has been described can be found on the fan made "Castles" album. If you enjoy their early work, have a listen to that one.

I've actually gone off them over the years to be honest, relative to my normal passion. I still have every album, but dont listen as much.

Cheers guys, proper reminder this.
    Jan 10, 2016

Watch Arsenal Live Streams With StreamFootball.tv

Do Not Sell My Personal Information