Comments on Profile Post by SA Gunner

1. Hegemony
    Hegemony
    I don't know much, but the Saudi's follow Wahhabism, the strictest form of Islam, formed in the 18th Century. Wahhabism has its critics, including me. One thing though, a conservative lifestyle is expected!
    Sep 11, 2016
    SA Gunner likes this.
  2. Aevi
    Aevi
    Don't be a woman, and you should be okay.
    Sep 11, 2016
  3. BobP
    BobP
    Was there one on transit when I was like 6 or 7, I distinctly remember that we weren't allowed out of the airport and the airport officials being quite rude.
    Sep 12, 2016
    SA Gunner likes this.
  4. BobP
    BobP
    I think the main thing to watch out for is the culture shock.

I was in Yemen for a few days in 2009, also on transit, a beautiful country but absolutely mental. Armed soldiers, big weapons strewn across the streets, crazy driving, disorganized airport officials. Case in point, I was being laughed at by locals for wearing shorts. I was to learn later that they probably thought I was gay.
    Sep 12, 2016
    SA Gunner likes this.
  5. BobP
    BobP
    The experience was literally a blur, Saudi Arabia won't be as crazy as that I don't think but its important to brace yourself I guess.
    Sep 12, 2016
    SA Gunner likes this.
  6. Bergkamp120
    Bergkamp120
    You're getting a lot of posts from people who have never been there. I spent a few months there and while it's different, the people are quite nice and it's generally an okay place to live. They have a lot of foreign workers so chances are that you will find people with similar interests.
    Sep 12, 2016
    SA Gunner likes this.
  7. redwhiteAustrian
    redwhiteAustrian
    Good luck there SA.
    Sep 12, 2016
    SA Gunner likes this.
  8. Rain Dance
    Rain Dance
    Saudi Arabia loves Caucasian / Western people (Information came from a Muslim Indonesian Professor residing in Saudi Arabia) so if don't look like an Asian you should fine. Watch out for the weather and sandstorm tho... and Good luck
    Sep 13, 2016
    SA Gunner likes this.
  9. Rimaal
    Sep 13, 2016
    SA Gunner likes this.
  10. Taylor Gang Gunners
    Taylor Gang Gunners
    Come work in Wolverhampton instead, it's much nicer.
    Sep 13, 2016
    SA Gunner likes this.

Watch Arsenal Live Streams With StreamFootball.tv

Do Not Sell My Personal Information