Comments on Profile Post by MaraDon

1. Carlo Marx
    Carlo Marx
    Jan 9, 2017
    MaraDon likes this.
  2. MaraDon
    MaraDon
    read a lot about how reformation is the primary gate towards diversity, the reformation enables any subject to examine his conscience by means of his own interpretation. it also opens another massive problem where we make poverty an problem for the subject solely, its no longer about "nature" or "society" producing poverty, free will carries an legitimization of the other with in itself.
    Jan 9, 2017
    Carlo Marx likes this.
  3. Makingtrax
    Makingtrax
    Told the world he heard echos of WW11 in Donald Trump's words.
    Jan 9, 2017
    Carlo Marx likes this.
  4. Carlo Marx
    Carlo Marx
    Losing Bauman now is a body blow. Very few analysts out there with his scope, even fewer with the rep to make it into MSM. Gutted.
    Jan 10, 2017
    MaraDon and Makingtrax like this.
  5. Carlo Marx
    Carlo Marx
    MaraDon: yes, exactly. Do we need some sort of new counter-reformation? Radical orthodoxy (John Milbank and co.) is interesting here. Been thinking of picking up The Unintended Reformation by Brad Gregory. Do you know it? Is it good?
    Jan 10, 2017
  6. MaraDon
    MaraDon
    never read nothing on gregory, but im going to check him out, lately im obssesed with Max Weber and his approach towards religion and social construction, i know its a classic but i find him fascinating, he has his critics and i understand that but he is a force.
    Jan 10, 2017
    Carlo Marx likes this.
  7. MaraDon
    MaraDon
    weber has a very post modern view on issues related with culture and economics, he was a visionary and some scholars and myself included, we feel is time to bring him back from the shadows, understanding that even when his approach was a bit archaic, his understanding of how religion can influence every aspect of society is awesome.
    Jan 10, 2017
    Carlo Marx likes this.
  8. Carlo Marx
    Carlo Marx
    Agree completely, there's still value in Weber. (You'll like Gregory, btw, who has been accused of taking too Weberian a view of the reformation.)
    Jan 10, 2017
  9. MaraDon
    MaraDon
    im reading about him, i have some reservations with Neoplatonism because Kant is probably the main reason why i studied philosophy, but it seems interesting to say the least. Im going to get deep into it, thanks for open a gate to another giga of new material for my kindle. =)
    Jan 10, 2017
    Carlo Marx likes this.