<

Comments on Profile Post by Carlo Marx

1. MaraDon
    MaraDon
    see that you are still Laccanianian yourself, how is that going, are you already trap in a symbolic reality where falic=power?
    Jun 19, 2017
  2. Carlo Marx
    Carlo Marx
    You got it, I've been sucked into the signifying chain. Been working my way through L's seminars for the last couple of years, just starting Seminar XI. Was a big L sceptic, now regard him as indispensable.
    Jun 20, 2017
    MaraDon likes this.
  3. Carlo Marx
    Carlo Marx
    So much that is good in the French trad. comes from him, it's amazing, whether in Foucault, Althusser, Deleuze, whoever. I now realise that L may have had a more important influence on conty thought even than Levi-Strauss or Sartre.
    Jun 20, 2017
  4. Carlo Marx
    Carlo Marx
    Jun 20, 2017
    MaraDon likes this.
  5. MaraDon
    MaraDon
    yo!, im downloading it atm, thanks a lot, reading a lot of Rumi and sufism lately it feels like my brain needed a break,
    Jun 20, 2017
    Carlo Marx likes this.
  6. MaraDon
    MaraDon
    but this weekend i had a Hieddeger comeback where i realized that i havent understood him at all. some friend told me that what makes Being and Time such a wonderful piece is exactly that, that everytime time you comeback to it its like you never read it before.
    cheers on the material.
    Jun 20, 2017
    Carlo Marx likes this.
  7. Carlo Marx
    Carlo Marx
    Nice. I'm guilty when it comes to Heidegger. We all have gaps in our reading, and my most embarrassing gaps are probably Being and Time and Summa Theologica. I'm making a a serious study of Kant this year (about to start the third critique), but definitely going to read B&T this winter. Can't understand Deleuze without understanding Alquié without understanding Heidegger, I realise.
    Jun 21, 2017
  8. Carlo Marx
    Carlo Marx
    I've found the English-speaking tradition of Kant scholarship - Guyer, Allison, Strawson - very disappointing so far. Will move on to Dieter Henrich after the CPJ, which will hopefully be better. Do you have any recommendations, re. Kant and/or Heidegger?
    Jun 21, 2017
    MaraDon likes this.
  9. MaraDon
    MaraDon
    Jun 21, 2017
    Carlo Marx likes this.
  10. MaraDon
    MaraDon
    foucault text what is enlightenment is fascinating and im sure you are going to be able to find it on line.
    Jun 21, 2017
    Carlo Marx likes this.
  11. MaraDon
    MaraDon
    Jun 21, 2017
    Carlo Marx likes this.
  12. Carlo Marx
    Carlo Marx
    Excellent, thanks MaraDon. I know the Foucault, read it a few years ago; but that was before I'd read Kant's CPR, so I should give it another go. Don't know either the Derrida or Bourdieu, so I've dl'd them into a brand new desktop Heidegger folder. Just skimmed the Bourdieu and it looks perfect, with lots of engagement with the 'full cast' of philosophy. That should help me orient myself re. Heidegger. Cheers amigo.
    Jun 21, 2017
    MaraDon likes this.

Watch Arsenal Live Streams With StreamFootball.tv

Do Not Sell My Personal Information