• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

£40 million for the summer?

KingReyes

Established Member
40 million for the summer?

Thats what it says here HERE

Also nice to see the club doing well by making a nice profit.

JazzG

Established Member
Think that figure has been plucked out of this air and can be misleading. Also as far as I know that profit is to do with property sale more than anything else and that money will just get sucked back into the new stadium.

I do however think that another CB (or even two), CM (if Edu leaves), Right winger and striker are needed. We need some squad players as when injuries or suspensions kick in we look very thin. CB really is a priority, Wenger made a mistake not replacing Keown imo but this summer he can put that right.

wookie

Will get even better when we move to the new stadium, which will generate more revenue. Good times ahead me thinks.............. :D

JazzG

Established Member
Threads combined as they are on similar topics

Also reading that arsenal.com interview maybe we will have quite abit as we are getting a lot from Granada. Not getting my hopes up too quickly yet! Could be like the summer of 2001 though when we bring in quite a few expensive players, hopefully they will turn out good though ;)

JazzG

Established Member
We have only got Ljungberg as an attacking right midfielder so I think we could do with another.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Priorities for us are a Centre back/Right back, a Central Midfielder cos Edu will probably leave and possibly a Goalkeeper at the moment.

Legend#1

Established Member
Hilderbrandt has signed a new contract at Stuttgart until 2006..

We need a WC GK, RB, CB and RM imo.

voomboom

whats that? forty million quid you say???

why dont we all shout it out a bit louder so that other clubs with players that wenger wants can squeeze as much of it out as they can.........

This is fantastic news! now any player wenger wants to buy will be a couple of million quid more expensive! how grand!!

JazzG

Established Member
JoseReyes29 said:
JazzG said:
We have only got Ljungberg as an attacking right midfielder so I think we could do with another.

pires?

Pires is approaching the end of his career and is not, performance wise, as consistant as he used to be. You need 2 players at least per position and we have Reyes + Pires for the left but only Ljungberg as our proper right winger right now

dynasty

All I want is a cb(preferably experienced)Ayala would be nice. A keeper..Hildebrandt would be nice... And keep edu really...maybe get a winger...I want vicente...but not important as our attacking is still the best out there.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
JazzG said:
JoseReyes29 said:
JazzG said:

pires?

Pires is approaching the end of his career and is not, performance wise, as consistant as he used to be. You need 2 players at least per position and we have Reyes + Pires for the left but only Ljungberg as our proper right winger right now

I think Bergy will decide the path Wenger will take. If he renews his contract then Reyes will be on the left a little bit longer. Pires can then deputize for freddie or Reyes either side. Actually I think Pires has had descent games playing on the right this season(i.e against Chelsea).

I also think the new kid from Ivory Coast..can adjust and play right midfield.

burnsjed

Established Member
In the article, when he mentions 17mil at half way stage, and 30mil coming from Granada, he did not stipulate that the 30mil from Granada was going straight to the transfer kitty, just underlining money was available

Ratinho

Established Member
Thanks for that.

I was about to come in and point out that it doesn't say anywhere that there is £40m to spend.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
We don't need a CB and RB we have Toure who can play RB and CB also Hoyte and Eboue can play there.
I think SWP will be too overpriced to be worth it and we will either get Mascharano(?), Van bommel or Hargreaves if Edu doesn't get a new agreeable contract.

AFCG7

Established Member
OneProudGooner thats the same kind of thinking which has put us up ****s creek this season.

"we dont need a CB and RB we have Toure who can play there blah blah blah".

We NEED a quality CB..because when Sol gets injured or cant play to his full capacity we have been ****ed this season..everyone saw it coming yet some still fall back on Toure Cygan Hoyte Lauren and Cole.. it wont work. Cygan hasn done well enough in the premiership Hoyte isnt experienced enough, Lauren has problems positionally and Toure hasnt been as good this year as his first season at CB.Eboue isnt a proven CB either..we need to fix this problem in a proper way.

Top Bottom