• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

£40 million for the summer?

Spike

Established Member
What if the club decide to spend most of it on paying of the loans?

Also, I personally don't believe Wenger will buy "good quality" players, he'll probably continue to buy talented youth who can get the job done or unknown players like he has done in the past.

lee1001

Established Member
Everybody seems to have forgotten about Abbiati. I think he is a very realistic target. We've been linked in the past to him, more than once.

A good age (28), will be reasonably priced (5-6 million), and is a very good keeper. Its just unfortunate that he is behind one of the best GK in the world: Dida.

A typical Wenger signing, not in the first team for his club, not used by his club. But undoubted quality which can be used if he is given the chance.

He is fairly tall, and we know Wenger likes his tall keepers, good shot stopper, agile with bags of experience. However im not sure how well he commands his area or his ability to claim crosses

Here you can see some of his saves ...
http://www.christianabbiati.it/home.asp?lingua=1

Only problem is, will he leave Italy? Is he prepared to sit on the bench for the rest of his career behind Dida? You would of thought not!

JazzG

Established Member
Dr. Alban said:
IMO a 'world class' centre back will shut the door on Senderos, and we will have an Upson saga all over again, ending with Senderos leaving the Club. He's entering that age when he no longer can afford to be 4th choice. I don't see Cygan leaving in the summer, and I would rather see Senderos getting a fair chance to prove himself before we splash out big money on a new defender.

Ok, if he proves to be mediocre, then buy, but until then..no.

We can't just keep pinning our hopes on the youngsters, Senderos is young and by the time he is fully mature Sol will be ready to leave or retire and if Senderos is good enough he will fit right in. For Europe I personally would like to see a good reader of the game along with Sol, Kolo+Sol are perfect for the PL but in Europe big strong CBs don't always cut it and you need a canny little ****er who can read the game well and get stuck in when needed. Kolo's best games have come for us in the RB position and I personally since last year have wanted him to stay there.

Spike said:
What if the club decide to spend most of it on paying of the loans?

Then Arsène needs to put pressure on them to give him some money. Our squad is very thin right now and we are in desperate need of quality players. Last season Keown and Parlour came in and did VERY good jobs for us when called apon, Wenger imo has not replaced those 2 and needs a few more as well.

nidza7

Established Member
Spike said:
Also, I personally don't believe Wenger will buy "good quality" players, he'll probably continue to buy talented youth who can get the job done or unknown players like he has done in the past.

no please,please no more young prospects at least not this summer. :lol:

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
1 of Chivu/Ferrara/Bonera/Metzelder

1 of Hildebrand/de Sanctis/Abbiati

If Bergy retires, we should get Rosicky. He'd be far cheaper than SWP, and imo is a better player and is also about the same age.

SuperBob

Chivu/Kompany/Ayala

SWP because Pennant doesn't seem to have a future here natural replacement.

A WC keeper I don't know who but maybe Canizares would be good for a couple of seasons?

Taozhe

Gazza Martinez said:
1 of Chivu/Ferrara/Bonera/Metzelder

1 of Hildebrand/de Sanctis/Abbiati

If Bergy retires, we should get Rosicky. He'd be far cheaper than SWP, and imo is a better player and is also about the same age.

And since Rosicky's club is in deep financial crisis, we would snap up a bargain but other clubs will be lurking around.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
we need 1 or 2 quality CBs and a goalkeeper. if edu leaves, we need a CM. anything else would be a luxury. i really think dennis will get another deal.

we have scored more than anyone else in the league but have leaked goals uncontrollably. just tighten the defence, sort out the keeper status and we are absolutely golden.

Chips&CurrySauce

I reckon Wenger will sign SWP this Summer. Firstly because Wenger seems to really rate him secondly he is English and unlike other young English talent like Bentley Penant etc, SWP is veryhumble and down to earth.. I'm pretty sure we'll sign a Keeper and also an experienced CM in replacement of Edu... I can't see Wenger buying a right back, we already have 3 and with the emergence of Senderos, and the fact the club really rate Connolly and Djourou I can't see us buying a centre back either... We maybuy a centre back only if Cygan leaves this Summer, and I expect he'll be experienced but quite cheap.. I just can't see Arsène spending big bucks on a world class centre back!

fuma75

i think AW was about to let Cygan go last summer,
but AW had to kept Cygan cause Sol got injured...

anyway, i want AW to buy SWP and Green this coming summer...

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal will receive £30m from ITV within the next month under the terms of a deal the club signed with the broadcaster four years ago. (The Times)

lee1001

Established Member
There is no guarantee that 30 million will go on players.

Im sure that 30 million would have been considered in their business plans and could very well be used on the stadium for all we know. Its not as if that 30 millon has come out of nowhere, the board knew it was due.

HalliGoalie

if these figures are true i would like to see Hildebrand or a WC keeper, a CB (chivu,kompany) Baptista as a replacement for Edu and Rosiscky as a replacement for bergkamp, and maybe a RM as a replacement for pennant

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom