£4mill for Henry

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by kel varnsen, Dec 19, 2005.

1. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

just so you all know what the stakes really are. a bit of salt in our wounds. like i've been saying for a long time:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... urce=&ct=5

EDIT:
    see now that this article is a bit inaccurate. the ruling is ratified and in effect.

2. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

If.

And I remain convinced Henry has enough respect for Wenger not to f'ck him over like that. And he would be f'cking him over, and us.

3. GuNNerZ4LiFe

GuNNerZ4LiFe New Member

Yea Wenger made him the striker he is today. But you have to respect Henry's decision if he wants to move on. If he does hopefully he wont buy out his contract and play until it is up.

And the fact that Ronaldihno says he wouldnt mind Henry and admires his skill is not good news for us gunners. :cry:

4. kel varnsen

more accurate:
    http://www.europa-kommissionen.dk/eu-po ... egler.pdf/

and

5. RocktheCasbah

Oh, if Henry leaves, I've already said he'll go with my good wishes. But I don't believe he wants to leave that much that he'd buy his contract out thereby leaving Arsenal taking it up the garry.

6. kel varnsen

then he doesn't want to leave. simple as that imo. if he decides to leave, but we won't let him. i think he'll terminate his contract...

7. RocktheCasbah

Not neccessarily.

Thierry knows what he's worth to us, he knows his market value. I honestly don't believe he would put us in the ludicrous position of only receiving £4m for his services. That doesn't mean, however, that he doesn't want to leave.

8. Hes going to Barcelona to play the beautiful game we once played.

9. dev_atdi

dev_atdi New Member

If Henry goes, why would anyone else want to join us? It just wouldn't look good whatsoever.

We're pretty much in the **** if he goes, you know.

10. Asterix

Asterix New Member Elite

Because we're still a big club with a highly successful manager; because we're moving to a new state of the art stadium; because we have some of the most exciting young players in the country; because we have tradition and style; because someone moving to Arsenal will know they stand a better than average chance of winning things.

One club slump does not a death knell sound.

11. Feanor

Feanor New Member

Well said. Where was Henry's carreer before he moved here? Who was Vieira (not Viera ffs) before he moved here? Some people...

12. daniel

daniel New Member

Henry's going would be a big loss for us... I would be devastated. But it wouldn't be the end of the world. I think other players wouldn't decide not to come to Arsenal because Henry is hot here! I would love him to stay, and I would love to see someone else sighn for us, some good player. But if he want's to go, let him go! That is not going to decrease our chances of getting good players! I don't belive it will.

13. Tegh

Tegh New Member

Likewise, and I sincerely hope he wouldn't do that to us, can't see it happening myself.

14. gunner_down_under

gunner_down_under New Member

nah, like someone else said, he's got way too much respect for Wenger, the club and the fans to **** us over like that......I still think he'll sign an extension!

15. daniel

daniel New Member

I'm pretty sure of that as well.

16. jaguars4ever

jaguars4ever New Member

I don't believe TH14 will leave this summer, but in the unlikely event he does, it's still not the end of the world. We did do The Double in 97/98 without Henry!

17. Wildcat018

Wildcat018 New Member

I sure hope TH14 doesn't leave, but to be honest, he's looked pretty uninterested these last 3 games.

18. RocktheCasbah

Who IS "Vieira (not Viera ffs)" period?

:lol: Sorry.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4m + ronaldinho.

i'll take it. 8)

20. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

If Hnery would to leave it would be in the summer, If he stays it would be because Wenger opens the treasure chest and sign a few quality player. I don't see him playing the remender of his contract and then leave, by then he would be older and maybe not as attractive. Tog get him now aty his peak is whats intressest Barca and others