• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

£4mill for Henry

GunneDown

dev_atdi said:
If Henry goes, why would anyone else want to join us? It just wouldn't look good whatsoever.

We're pretty much in the s**t if he goes, you know.

Don't be so bloody silly! FFS. who was a great player at the club when DB10 arrived? The club would rebuild again. in 1998 i was thinking... who the hell is going to replace wright? along came Henry. someone will come along if he stays or goes.

nadia

True, there will be others... but I think Thierry has closed Arsenal in his heart, even if it doesn't show right now. And I will be sad to let him go. I think Arsène also will be sad to see his eyeapple leave...

And Henry going to Chelsea?! Never!!! :lol:

Anything can happen, guys. We should let him go on. He desprately wants to win the best player of the world. And he served well as a gunner at Highbury too. Now is his time to go and time for Arsène Wenger to buy some ready-made player, not another young star. :wink:

1970*Gooner said:
dev_atdi said:
If Henry goes, why would anyone else want to join us? It just wouldn't look good whatsoever.

We're pretty much in the s**t if he goes, you know.

We are in the s***e now with him in it, I think he will be off, his heart doesn't seem with us now. We will survive and we have an up and coming Van P A.W. will find us another little gem. :)

Yes, He's not with us now. One of his eyes is at Barca.

Growler

the point is, you guys would survive, and emerge again as a club, providing the youngsters are capable of making the step up, and want to stick around to make it happen.

however, you surely cannot deny the short term impact? Yep touting names like Torres is great, but he would take time to settle, and worst case scenario, you miss out of CL for next season, and you could be in real trouble. not financially maybe, but more like attracting quality players.

I was surprised that wenger didn't move for Davids, even if just for a season. He would have been the difference this season. Him and Cesc would have done well I think.

I hope Henry does not do a dirty though, that would kill the spirit of football, as would accepting a bid from russia.

Arsenal_Soldier

Smartly Dressed Morris said:
Guys - Henry is going to Barcelona. There is no way he is staying with us now so please accept he is going and move on.

Thanks Thierry for all the memories.

Reasons For Henry To Leave

1)To join the worlds best football team.
2)To Win the European Cup.
3)To play in the best league in the world.
4)Higher wages.
5)To join a team that can actually beat Chelsea
6)No point staying in the Premiership , no one can compete with Chelsea now.

Reasons For Thierry To Stay

1)Settled family life.
2)Loyalty To Wenger.

mmmm place your bets......

The reasons for him to stay will mean much more to him. Hopefully.

mistaz23

************Valdes***************

Belletti**Puyol****Marquez**Sylvinho

********Xavi*******Deco**********

*****Messi*********Ronaldinho****

*******Eto'o*******Henry*********

subs: Giuly, Van Bommel, Inesta, Motta, Gio Van Bronchorst, Larsson, Maxi, Oleguer

:shock: Now thats just a little scary...

Army of Me

Established Member
Smartly Dressed Morris said:

1)Settled family life.
2)Loyalty To Wenger.
3) i'd rip his heart out and keep it as a trophy if he ever left us prematurely.

Gurgen

Established Member
mistaz23 said:
************Valdes***************

Belletti**Puyol****Marquez**Sylvinho

********Xavi*******Deco**********

*****Messi*********Ronaldinho****

*******Eto'o*******Henry*********

subs: Giuly, Van Bommel, Inesta, Motta, Gio Van Bronchorst, Larsson, Maxi, Oleguer

:shock: Now thats just a little scary...

Actually it's not scary at all, there are 6 attacking players in that team :lol:

Henry_Pires

I won't mind if Henry leaving the club.
If Arsène doesn't do anything on this january transfer window, then why the heck he will want to stay?
I bet if we continue to play like this, Hleb will also move.
We need to have a strong man in the midfield and defence.
Our defence right now is sucks and sucks.....

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Honestly , with Henry's background , he would know the value of money . He would not waste 4 mil on buying out a contract , especially to get out of a place that he loves . It is kind of obscene.

kanooo

4 Million must be definitely ... a joke.

But then again, no one was laughing when Vieira left for 13 mill.

A lot of rumours but unlike Vieira, I think he'll stay though.

Smartly Dressed Morris

Guys - Henry is going to Barcelona. There is no way he is staying with us now so please accept he is going and move on.

Thanks Thierry for all the memories.

Reasons For Henry To Leave

1)To join the worlds best football team.
2)To Win the European Cup.
3)To play in the best league in the world.
4)Higher wages.
5)To join a team that can actually beat Chelsea
6)No point staying in the Premiership , no one can compete with Chelsea now.

1)Settled family life.
2)Loyalty To Wenger.

mmmm place your bets......

Latest posts

Top Bottom