• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ádám Dudás

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jameel46

Established Member
Djourou said:
Jameel46 said:
it's good that wenger wants to bring in good young players, but another young striker?

he is a right sided winger and more a midfilder

the skysports article says that he's a striker, why should we believe you when you say he's a midfielder?

Djourou

Jameel46 said:
Djourou said:
Jameel46 said:
it's good that wenger wants to bring in good young players, but another young striker?

he is a right sided winger and more a midfilder

the skysports article says that he's a striker, why should we believe you when you say he's a midfielder?

because a Győri ETO(his club in Hungary) fan said he is a right sided midfilder,winger maybe he can play striker too :roll:

Linson

Just checked, my bad!
You have to admit he did seem perfect i.e. experienced top class CB who won't be playing for much longer and so give Senderos a little bit more time to up his game (too many mistakes in my eyes). Also I think Senderos / any defender in the world could learn a lot from Thuram.
Oh well :cry:
Check what I said on the previous page Jameel and see whether you agree or not?

Jameel46

Established Member
the fact that Thuram has gone to Barca means that there are now not many if any good expierenced CBs available. i wonder if arsenal where even interested. i do agree that we need an experienced defender, but unfortunately there are not many out there that are available. :(

Amadeor

Because Skysports don't know anything about U17 players from Hungary.

CALLY8

i think wenger is going to be poised to sign curtis davies for 9 million as their is no other defenders on the market.Also i think wenger will want an englishman as their is a new rule for the champions league saying u need four homegrown players or something like that anyway

nazo

Established Member
Wrong thread CALLY8?
About this youngster, if Wenger sees anything in him he will sign him. The good thing is his whole family are most likely supporting the move and the club he comes from isn't that big (no offense to anyone)

otfgoon

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Wrong thread oftgoon?
About this youngster, if Wenger sees anything in him he will sign him. The good thing is his whole family are most likely supporting the move and the club he comes from isn't that big (no offense to anyone)

Grrr thats not me, the terd has stolen my avatar :evil:

ugen64

CALLY8 said:
i think wenger is going to be poised to sign curtis davies for 9 million as their is no other defenders on the market.Also i think wenger will want an englishman as their is a new rule for the champions league saying u need four homegrown players or something like that anyway

"Uefa defines a club-trained player as one who has been registered for a minimum of three seasons with the club between the age of 15 and 21." (according to the BBC article)

I am not sure if "registered" simply means "employed by the club" or "registered for the Champions League". I will assume it is the 1st one.

players trained at Arsenal:

1. Cesc Fabregas (3 years)
2. Gael Clichy (3 years)
3. Jeremie Aliadiere (7 years)
4. Justin Hoyte (at least 3 years)

possible: Ashley Cole (loads of years)

I imagine all 4 of these players (and Cole if he stays), assuming none are sold, would be good enough for the 25 man Champions League squad. Fabregas + Clichy are obvious selections, Hoyte I imagine would make it, and Wenger has said he has faith in Aliadiere.

as for the players trained at other English clubs... that's a bit more difficult.

1. Theo Walcott
2. Ryan Smith, I quite frankly hope we don't have to pick him in the squad
3. ?????????

even assuming Cole stays, we don't have enough players, it seems, unless Wenger decides to pick Matthew Connolly or something (I hope not). remember Kerrea Gilbert is out on loan so we cannot pick him. there is one possibility:

Philippe Senderos (joined in December 2003, so if 2003-04 season counts he will meet the 3 season requirement)

maybe I am overlooking something, but if Cole leaves then we might have a problem (and we already have a problem if, as I imagine, Ryan Smith isn't good enough for Champions League football).

Mr_Wilson

Connolly , Muamba , Joe O’Cearuill , Walcott , Smith , Hoyte , Gilbert

dont worry mate theres more then enough potential there.That lot could probally become star players for championship clubs at this age anyway. If they weren't at Arsenal everyone would be after them

RC8

Established Member
Maybe Muamba, I'm a big fan of him.

To the guy saying that we need things other than strikers; We just bought O'ceaurril and Van den Berg, and the Hungarian guy also plays as a midfielder.

Let's wait and see what awaits this youngster, the good thing is that he is, with his family, an Arsenal fan, so if he comes good it's likely he will retire with us.

kooldawg

Established Member
I wouldn't mind.

Investments in the youth team are really important, i just wish our youth system was even bigger with more players in it.

:evil: :evil: :evil: stop buying youngsters!!!!
i think we already have plenty of quality youngsters can aw spend a little money and get a decent dc and dm(now it looks like yaya toure is heading to monaco)and maybe a cover for mad jens.this is getting annoying:all the top clubs are snapping up some gr8 players and all we do is stand around with our "rock solid" defence made of CYGAN and some other youngsters(toure can't always be left to do the job alone)
you might think i'm being harsh on arsenal but it's becoz i just want them to stop chelsea and win the league and for that they'll need much more dept

weisheng

marckassatly said:
:evil: :evil: :evil: stop buying youngsters!!!!
i think we already have plenty of quality youngsters can aw spend a little money and get a decent dc and dm(now it looks like yaya toure is heading to monaco)and maybe a cover for mad jens.this is getting annoying:all the top clubs are snapping up some gr8 players and all we do is stand around with our "rock solid" defence made of CYGAN and some other youngsters(toure can't always be left to do the job alone)
you might think i'm being harsh on arsenal but it's becoz i just want them to stop chelsea and win the league and for that they'll need much more dept

yeah you wont win anything with youngsters

enlight

since arsenal has so many youngsters, i don't think its such a bad idea to buy some older players to teach the young ones a few things.

kooldawg

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, i'm all for strenghtening the 1st team.

But the youth team always needs fresh talent tht will be useful to use in the future.

Arsenalguru

Why do you have to cry about signing youngsters?

We pay minimum wage for them and, with some luck, you get someone like Cesc in return. Wenger isn't going to sign every youngster if he doesn't see any possibility in that guy.

Trust Wenger if you support Arsenal with your heart. He is not stupid, he already said he would sign one or two experience players.

sorry buddy but he recently stated that he didn't want to sign anyone anymore:he's not interested in saviola and davies is too expensive

Amadeor

Why do you have to cry about signing youngsters?

We pay minimum wage for them and, with some luck, you get someone like Cesc in return. Wenger isn't going to sign every youngster if he doesn't see any possibility in that guy.

Trust Wenger if you support Arsenal with your heart. He is not stupid, he already said he would sign one or two experience players.

Totally agree. Don't give them any attention. Anyone who says we shouldn't sign youngsters knows NOTHING about football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom