• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ádám Dudás

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesc18

Amadeor said:
Why do you have to cry about signing youngsters?

We pay minimum wage for them and, with some luck, you get someone like Cesc in return. Wenger isn't going to sign every youngster if he doesn't see any possibility in that guy.

Trust Wenger if you support Arsenal with your heart. He is not stupid, he already said he would sign one or two experience players.

Totally agree. Don't give them any attention. Anyone who says we shouldn't sign youngsters knows NOTHING about football.

ofcourse we should sign youngsters
cesc senderos are good reasons for continuing this policy :D
it s only a 10 day trial lets see how he does and whether he is signed on

Meatwad

CALLY8 said:
i think wenger is going to be poised to sign curtis davies for 9 million as their is no other defenders on the market.Also i think wenger will want an englishman as their is a new rule for the champions league saying u need four homegrown players or something like that anyway
When this UEFA homegrown rule goes into effect for 2006-07 (need 4 homegrown and at least 2 have to be club-trained) the Arsenal will have the following club-trained players who should make the 25-man squad:

1. ?Ashley Cole? (came up through the ranks)
2. Cesc (will be registered for his 4th season when the 06-07 season begins)
3. Senderos (same as above)
4. Clichy (same as above)
5. Djourou (will be registered for his 3rd season when the 06-07 season begins)
6. Hoyte (will be registered for his 6th season when the 06-07 season begins)

Then you have these guys who could make the 25-man squad if Wenger is in a pinch and needs a 4th:

7. Aliadiere (will be registered for his 8th season when the 06-07 season begins)
8. Walcott (not club trained YET, but trained in England)
9. Nicklas Bendtner (will be registered for his 3rd season when the 06-07 season begins)
10. Lupoli (same as above)
11. Connolly (same as above)

When UEFA wants 6 homegrown players by 2007 (of this 6, at least 3 have to be club-trained) and 8 in 2008 (of this 8, at least 4 have to be club-trained), the following players will join the above in 2007:

12. Gilbert (would have been with the group above if he wasn't out on loan for the 06-07 season)
13. Muamba (same as above)
14. Larsson (same as above)
15. Song (will be registered for his 3rd season when the 07-08 season begins)
16. Traore (same as above)
17. Stokes (same as above)

And if there are anymore revelations from the youth team / reserves they could join the above guys as well or the next season, 2008-09.

Wenger will have more than enough players to satisfy this rule in all 3 of its progressions.

EDITED because of the loan deals.

Army of Me

Established Member
anyone care to list the number of chelsea's homegrown players?

come on, give us a laugh!

we may look a little inferior to the russians now, but in the long run we'll be stronger.

weisheng

chelsea've been buying young talent as well.

johnson mikel diarra kalou. and theyve got a few portugese u17 and u21 players.

nealbrown

Jameel46 said:
it's good that wenger wants to bring in good young players, but another young striker?
Lupoli, bendtner, walcott, carlos vela and now dudas.
would be nice if he spread out his search, a young DM or CB. but hope that if dudas is signed he does well and it doesn't become an owusu-abeyie situation.

Er how does Connolly, O'Cearuill and Parisio sound?

qs

Established Member
weisheng said:
chelsea've been buying young talent as well.

johnson mikel diarra kalou. and theyve got a few portugese u17 and u21 players.

They'll all be shipped out though. And they were expensive.

If players that cost 24 million cant get into the team what hope do youngsters have.

nealbrown

Out of those four, Kalou will probably be the only one that makes it at Chelsea. The others will just have their career wrecked by Maureen.

ugen64

pha2er said:

we may look a little inferior to the russians now, but in the long run we'll be stronger.

1. John Terry
2. Robert Huth
3. ?????

not a very impressive list, is it? :)

weisheng

if they have this quota then they might not be shipped out cos they need them in the squad right ?

the way mikel's been described and how united fought for him, i think he'll be pretty decent. plus he was voted the 2nd best player in that tournament. the one messi was in.

gunner_down_under

with all this bullshit going on with the obi mikel case, I reckon he must be a gun of a player, he's 18 and cost them like 16 million pounds......more than what we paid for Theory.....and Mourinho apparently promised him some first-team time too....

been

meh i highly doubt he will start vs arsenal unless hes unbeleivably good

i cant see wenger starting just to face fabregas also is he as good as cesc or better plus you ugys forget that the only reason he was so expensive is czu its chelsea ppl come they would pay 50 mill for him and not care

gunner_down_under

Mr_Wilson said:
Yeh he is a power house in midfield.

im scared when he face's cesc.

cesc will be going home black and blue

yeah, exactly like what happened when cesc faced Vieira, Emerson, Roy keane (when he was 16), Robbie Savage, Gravesen and a host of other "powerhouses in midfield"

and Cesc went home completely black and blue!

Think before you say **** like that mate, and I still dont know why you're avatar stealing arse isn't banned yet!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

marckassatly said:
sorry buddy but he recently stated that he didn't want to sign anyone anymore:he's not interested in saviola and davies is too expensive

Actually he stated the exact opposite.

lazyfreak

ugen64 said:
pha2er said:

1. John Terry
2. Robert Huth
3. ?????

not a very impressive list, is it? :)
I could put a name in that third spot. Phil Younghusband. Hes 18 and a Philippine Int'l and I'm also Filipino so I would know. :p Hes been with the club since he was 9/10 years old along with his older brother James, but the club released him last month. Probably the same will happen to Phil and the other youngsters when the time comes. And ofcorse I'm definitely not a cheatski fan!

weisheng

gunner_down_under said:
It would be far more convincing if you didnt take my avatar too :lol:

my thoughts exactly.

they say imitation's the highest form of flattery. it was funny how he stole it and posted right after you though.

gunner_down_under

and I didnt want to tell him off in the forum, and sent him a PM, and he comes out running to he mods saying "ooh, he abused me on PM, ban him please!"......:lol: love it!

anyway, it's not worth it to be posting here about him, this is will be the last message about Mr.Wilson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom