• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ádám Dudás

Status
Not open for further replies.

tribe

by the way, unfortunately, i don't know too much about Dudas.

I only saw him play a few times, when he was with the U17 team at the euros this year.

that's an immensely talented squad, they were unlucky to get only 5th. those who know football say there are 4-5 world class talents on that team and Dudas is obviously one of them.

three players from that team are known to have been chased by top european clubs. one of them was snapped up by sampdoria two years ago, the other won't be let go by his current team and the third is dudas.

his team is definitely willing to sell, even though they probably don't need the money, as they are just finalizing the 1M pound sale of a 19-year-old striker to Watford. That's a lot of money by Hungarian standards, probably close to their full-year budget.

Anyways, based on what i saw of Dudas, he is more of a creative midfielder than a striker. He did do a lot of wing play, as someone mentioned here already and he seems to really have an eye for the unexpected and spectacular pass.

He seems to have impeccable techinque and burning desire to win. He was the one willing the whole team on when things didn't go right and seemed the most frustrated by failing to reach the semifinals.
He might have some catching-up to do physically, as most Hungarian players seem to do. (Consider Gera and his injuries). The good news is that he is very young, so all that can yet be fixed. He doesn't seem to be too slight of build, though.
His pace, i'm not sure about, it was difficult to judge against the competition at the U17s. I certainly don't remember him blasting past anybody, but I reckon he has at least decent pace if he could play on the wing.

Again, take all that with a grain of salt, as it comes from very limited viewing. Plus, he might also have been used differently on the national team than his natural position.
Also, you never know at this age, players can really become just about anything. One of the most talented Hungarian strikers of a previous generation is now a starting central defender for Anderlecht...

In any case, i really hope he does sign with you guys, it would be huge for Hungarian football.

Realwood

Thanks for the info, I hope we go ahead and grab him. With all the loans, it seems we could throw him into the reserve team now.

kooldawg

Established Member
Looks to me like he's gonna be an attractive strike option for the future. Hopefully le boss decides to move for him.

rob

saw dudas in u17 championships he is a very creative player with great intelligence a very wenger like signing quite similar to freddy in his younger years

wengerboy

Established Member
signing him must depend when which players on loan.

he and van den Berg prob speak about 10 words of english. must have been a bad conversation

tribe

wow, Bergkamp could be his dad...

hopefully, that picture will be worth a lot of money about 20 years from now. :)

tribe

a tidbit on Dudas from his local paper today:

http://www.kisalfold.hu/cikk.php?id=187&cid=178116

most of the article is about another player, who signed with Watford today.
then:

Liverpool in the hunt

So far, no decision has been made about Adam Dudas's transfer. As we have reported, the young ETO FC talent was a guest of the famous Arsenal for a 10-day trial. The English club's management were satisified with his performance, but didn't give the young player a contract on the spot. Dudas joined the first team of ETO FC yesterday and is training with the club in Gyor. Word is, he will have to wait a few days for an offer from London, as Arsenal were busy with their travel for the CL qualifier in Croatia.

Interestingly, another club from the island also expressed interest in Dudas. Liverpool, another elite team, invited him for a trial. They wanted the Hungarian player to travel straight to Liverpool after his trial in London, instead of traveling home. Well, that didn't happen, because Sandor Varga, Dudas's agent, decided that they will definitely wait for the hopefully positive reply from the Gunners.

>>that he turned down a trial with Liverpool, which he also reportedly did with both Inter and Ajax, kind of tells me that his agents must be pretty certain he'll end up at Arsenal. Also, they are talking about waiting for an `offer' from Arsenal, not just any `reply'. This might have to do with him being an Arsenal supporter and really wanting to go there, but I doubt any agent in his right mind would pass up another trial at a club like Liverpool when all he has to keep him busy is training with his local team - where he probably won't even feature in the next league match...

Bobo D. Clown

Great he'd rather wait and see if we even offer him a deal than go for a trial with Liverpool. Starting to see the rewards of the youth policy, every young prospect knows we're one of the few top clubs, and probably the best one, that will put 17/18/19 year olds straight in the first team.

Wasn't it this guys father who said, "even to trial at Arsenal is an honour". I like him already.

tribe

i like the ambition on him too. Ajax is also known for playing youngsters and he would probably have a better chance of getting on the first team earlier there. But he wants to feed Henry with dream passes.

Then again, who wouldn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom