• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ádám Dudás

Status
Not open for further replies.

pg1989

Sounds like he hasn't made it so far but we might take him back on trial like we did with Eboue.
Hopefully he still has a good future e.g. Yaya Toure being rejected and us living to regret it.

Bergy_1995

pg1989 said:
Sounds like he hasn't made it so far but we might take him back on trial like we did with Eboue.
Hopefully he still has a good future e.g. Yaya Toure being rejected and us living to regret it.

I don't see how we're regretting not signing Yaya Toure at all. The guy obviously isn't good enough in Wenger's eyes - I suppose that's why he's now at Monaco :D

nealbrown

Bergy_1995 said:
pg1989 said:

I don't see how we're regretting not signing Yaya Toure at all. The guy obviously isn't good enough in Wenger's eyes - I suppose that's why he's now at Monaco :D

Wenger didn't sign him because he couldn't get a work permit for him. Somehow, Yaya saw this as rejection. Wenger had an £8m bid rejected in January, so he obviously thought he was good enough.

stuart

Established Member
nealbrown said:
Bergy_1995 said:
pg1989 said:

Wenger didn't sign him because he couldn't get a work permit for him. Somehow, Yaya saw this as rejection. Wenger had an £8m bid rejected in January, so he obviously thought he was good enough.

actually not true,when did arsenal ever say they wanted him!

>YounGunner<

Established Member
stuart said:
nealbrown said:
Bergy_1995 said:
pg1989 said:

8 million pound bid rejected.

Dj_F_swift_the_gooner

>YounGunner< said:
stuart said:
nealbrown said:
Bergy_1995 said:
pg1989 said:

8 million pound bid rejected.

Well i thought Zakora was the best player in the ivory coast team, but look what hes done for Sp**s??? hes **** in the prem lol lol

so maybe yaya would've been waste of money, well done mr wenger i say!

gooner_singh

OK then arsenal get a £8million bid rejected and yaya toure goes to monaco for less than £5million, come on mate wake up and smell the coffee, there was no bid, very rarely does wenger not buy players he thinks will make good additions, eboue was on trial, went back to his club and was signed in following january. Yaya is not at arsenal now and its not because arsenal could not afford him or he did not want to come here, simply was not deemed good enough by wenger, so dont go by making sarcastic comments, with a fully fit diaby I dont think we need strengthening in that department anyway.

nealbrown

Look at what we know. Olympiakos did not want to sell him until the summer. How were they to know when they rejected the bid Wenger would have signed someone else. How did they know that noone would offer the same deal? Surely they'd think the World Cup would increase the bid. However, with Yaya not being allowed back into the country, Olympiakos were forced into accepting the new highest bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom