• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Negredo

Gunner_Brody

Re: Alvaro Negredo

Think Sp**s more likely than us. Dont really like what ive seen of him but tbf havent seen much but he must be doing something right to get in the spain squad i suppose although striker is their weakest position.

leo_ense

Established Member

yousif_arsenal said:
http://www.muchodeporte.com/?secc=3&id=14503" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Negredo update: Apparently Del Nido landed at LHR at 14:05 - looking for a deal that totals €18m.

this is really interesting we are looking for striker, could be him that we are buying? i don't think negredo is gonna go at spuds they have 2 good strikers and QPR is not his level. chelsea maybe?

Its too early to properly speculate who it could be yousif. Chelsea have just signed the PL's current top scorer and have 50m striker hanging around, Sp**s made Adebayor their highest earner ever and have Defoe in great form, and QPR look certainties for relegation. Its close between us, Chelsea and Sp**s, it could be anyone of us or none of us all together.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

This actually makes sense as a Wenger signing. Our price range, not a big name, technically very good and scoring at a pretty high rate for a bottom half of the table club

GDeep™

League is very weak

Sp**s apparently, Villas Boas and Ade are having a tiff over the African Nations and his level has dropped again anyway.

No way do I think we are in for him, don't get your hopes high. I don't rate him that highly anyway, not fussed where he ends up.

Sottobosco

No way do I believe del Nido has traveled speciffically to sell.

He has low behaviour standards and given his lawyer background would be not at all freindly. Arsenal and Mr.David Dein had to come to him to buy Reyes, not the other way around.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This transfer window is just painful. How hard is it to find a striker that will add depth and score close to 10 goals in a half a season?

We don't need a starter or someone to show up and take the league by storm. Podolski, Giroud and Walcott are our three starting attackers with Ox the next option. All we need is a striker who can rotate with Giroud and be able to come off the bench and add something different when we are searching for a goal.

We don't need a superstar striker for that. We just need someone who is solid. We already missed Ba and he was the cheapest option.

If we miss out on a striker that could make us better and he goes to Tottenham, who we are battling for 4th spot, I will be so mad.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball
Muchodeporte say Jose Maria del Nido is on his way to London to sell Alvaro Negredo.

it will be interesting to see where he will end up.

Mastadon

Established Member

This is an interesting one I actually like this guy a lot. He's got nice technique, a good first touch and skills with the ball, scores headers and has a good shot on him. I've been impressed on the few occasions I've seen him play.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mptpP4hxEk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mptpP4hxEk</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

I assume he's left footed?

Don't know much about him, but to me he looks not much different to Giroud, from the YouTube videos - which surely isn't something to base any kind of judgement on, mind you.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Yu guys must have caught him in the European Championships, started a couple of games for Spain. Good player, more suited to us than maybe Llorente, but I can't see us our breaking our transfer record for him.

Do we need a striker? We have 3 very decent options at CF, all getting goals this season - Theo, Giroud, Poldi. In January I rather we aim for a goal threat Winger or AM.

leo_ense

Established Member

GDeep said:
Yu guys must have caught him in the European Championships, started a couple of games for Spain. Good player, more suited to us than maybe Llorente, but I can't see us our breaking our transfer record for him.

Do we need a striker? We have 3 very decent options at CF, all getting goals this season - Theo, Giroud, Poldi. In January I rather we aim for a goal threat Winger or AM.

Well AM is a position I think we are well stocked in. Cazorla who is statistically one of the top AMs in the league and one of the top overall performers in the premier league, Rosicky who is more than capable back up, and the unproven quantity in Wilshere. And that's excluding the likes of Ramsey/Arshavin who make cases for that position. Our forward situation is interesting because Giroud has done well imo as has Walcott but both seem inconsistent for different reasons. Podolski has to play LW imo because our situation out wide is dire. What I would do is get a CM and push Cazorla on the wings or get a proven wide player. We need two signings to strengthen midfield and attack as a minimum imo.

GDeep™

League is very weak

So it is Sp**s then - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2260299/Alvaro-Negredo-transfer-news-Seville-president-talks-Tottenham.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... enham.html</a>

GDeep™

League is very weak

leo_ense said:
Because the DailyMail said so?

Its not us, I know that, we have 3 CF options and aren't going to break our record for Negrdo, Chelsea have already signed a striker, leaves Sp**s if we are talking only London clubs.

Warship

All my buddies who follow La Liga quite closely (which I admit, I don't watch much of) rate this guy fairly highly, that being said it seems a lot more likely Sevilla's people are meeting with Sp**s.

Price is a bit steep as well if we think we have more pressing needs.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We really need to sign another striker. Yes we do have three quality CF in Podolski, Giroud and Theo, but we play them every game. We don't have any quality reserves in case someone gets injured or needs a rest. Ox is the best off the bench in an attacking position, but he isn't having the best season.

The price for Negredo may be steep but we do have money to spend, and the midfield options we are rumored to be looking into -- Sissoko, McCarthy, M'Vila -- won't break the bank.

We need to make a big signing this month and those usually cost more than 10 million.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Giroud, Walcott are CF, Podolski can play as the 3rd choice CF
we only have OX, Podolski for the wings we need to strengthen outwide

fabo

6.51 / 10

Wenger doesn't want Podolski playing through the middle so he shouldn't be counted as a CF.

Theo and Giroud are limited options but there's a spot available in attack so I'm not buying any excuses, if Theo is playing centrally more often then we have one less wide option. We need a forward, be it a CF or wide option. No cheap squad options or rookies who will take 5 years to not become good.

Gervinho: rubbish
Giroud: bench player, decent starter in some games
Podolski: LWF
Theo: RWF/CF....both him and Podolski are hit and miss aswell tbf.
Oxlade: squad player for now. Good option to start occasionally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom