• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Pereira

Floating

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=284221" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=284221</a>

For me, one of the three standout players of the Copa America (other two being Muslera and Suarez). Can he actually play fullback, or is he 100% a wide forward? If he can defend, I'd be thrilled with this signing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Re: Alvaro Pereira

Before anyone gets excited, the guy has a 20M euro release clause, I remember reading in Bola when he was being linked with Liverpool. Will be interesting to see what happens with him as Porto have paid 10M for a highly rated LB from Brazil, Alex Sandro I think.

We would have signed Enrique if Wenger was interested in a LB. It's Gibbo time.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I would love it if this guy comes here. My number 1 choice for LB. Absolute quality this guy

Irish_Owen

Established Member

Arsène won't spend a penny more on Clichy's replacement than he accumulated from Clichy's sale. Or an even more likely outcome, he won't buy a replacement at all, which I'd be fine with in all honesty.

This guy is of the highest quality though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Good player, his performance in copa america was so great, but as GDeep say his release clause is 20m so i dont think Arsène will pay that.

Floating

Established Member

It's possible to sign a player without activating his release clause you know... Wenger could always bid 12m or 14m or whatever, and Porto would likely consider it.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

GDeep said:
Before anyone gets excited, the guy has a 20M euro release clause, I remember reading in Bola when he was being linked with Liverpool. Will be interesting to see what happens with him as Porto have paid 10M for a highly rated LB from Brazil, Alex Sandro I think.

We would have signed Enrique if Wenger was interested in a LB. It's Gibbo time.
All I worry when it comes to Gibbs is this guy injury record as for Pereria I know this guy is WC going forward but how good is he in defending?
Plus with his around 15m transfer fees we will never move for him

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

HollandGooner said:
We should try to sign Phillip Lahm great LB

might as well buy Bastian and Robben while we're at it and how about a cheeky swoop for Messi!

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

truth_hurts said:
HollandGooner said:
We should try to sign Phillip Lahm great LB

might as well buy Bastian and Robben while we're at it and how about a cheeky swoop for Messi!

They have some great players Bayern to be honest, but how much will Lahm cost? anyway wont happend but he would be a good solution.

Floating

Established Member

Lahm is another midget. I'd rather fullbacks with a bit of a physical presence like Enrique, Pereira, Lauren, Sagna, etc.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Oh please, if we get Lahm you would be over the moon, let alone complain about him being a midget. One of the top wingbacks in the world and you wouldn't want him because of his height?

Floating

Established Member

I'm mostly just dismissing him because we'd never sign him, and haven't even been linked to him. Of course I'd be happy if we signed him.

Top Bottom