• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Vadillo

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
<a class="postlink" href="http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/la-liga-player-has-one-foot-in-arsenal-in-20m-move-we-look-at-ver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... ook-at-ver</a>

La Liga player has "one foot in Arsenal" in €20m move

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Ever seen him play?

The one time i saw him he looked like a nice little winger. Has anyone watched him regularly?

FinnGooner

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Averaging 6.3 on whoscored ratings, no thanks.

As a 19 year old in the worst team of La Liga. I'm not saying I know any better but thank god our scouts don't take the whoscored approach in signing players.

You know, Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla are 6,97 and 6,96, respectively, in whoscored ratings. In PL alone Jack is 6,86. Should get rid of both of them immediately!

thedon5

6.3 is a different level to 6.9 though, there is a huge difference with most decent players gravitating around 7.0. 6.37 is one of the lowest in La Liga.

However, that is not why I don't want him. We have so many great young wingers, why would we try and pick this guy up, a risky young player signing that could come off or probably won't, especially when he isn't an absolute top quality talent like Draxler?

FinnGooner

Established Member
thedon5 said:
6.3 is a different level to 6.9 though, there is a huge difference with most decent players gravitating around 7.0. 6.37 is one of the lowest in La Liga.

However, that is not why I don't want him. We have so many great young wingers, why would we try and pick this guy up, a risky young player signing that could come off or probably won't, especially when he isn't an absolute top quality talent like Draxler?

Well, you're right that 6.37 is far worse than 6.9 but in all cases the rating is far below the expectations of each player in question. My point was really that he's a young guy with history of injuries and he plays for the worst team in La Liga. These are factors that whoscored does not take into account so staring only at the rating is silly.

I don't absolutely want Vadillo here, especially with the quoted price (which I think is made up), but I do know that he was considered a huge talent until injuries messed things up a bit. Also, if he is an alternative to Draxler then there is no discussion but as I see it, our pool of young talent isn't too deep so adding to that isn't a bad idea and Vadillo definitely has raw talent and lots of it.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I thought the first post that referred to whoscored was a joke. Tell me you guys aren't seriously taking that website seriously.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
FinnGooner said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Averaging 6.3 on whoscored ratings, no thanks.

As a 19 year old in the worst team of La Liga. I'm not saying I know any better but thank god our scouts don't take the whoscored approach in signing players.

You know, Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla are 6,97 and 6,96, respectively, in whoscored ratings. In PL alone Jack is 6,86. Should get rid of both of them immediately!

Actually allot of teams including ours use statistics (not whoscored but whoscored is good).

6.3 is nowhere near a 6.9 and no Wilshere hasn't been playing great yet and Cazorla is coming back from form. Joel Cambpell who most don't think is good enough averaged 6.8 or 6.6 last year I think. Needless to say someone averaging 6.3 has been rubbish and isn't near our radar. Agent probably using out name to get a better deal or flog him to Newcastle.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
jones said:
I thought the first post that referred to whoscored was a joke. Tell me you guys aren't seriously taking that website seriously.

It's hardly infallible but assigns points on nearly every football stat available.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has he got any advantages over Gnabry or Oxo for example? Has anybody watched him enough to form any sort of opinion?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Heres a video <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rJriZnVFo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rJriZnVFo</a>

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have never seen him play but form what I saw on youtube he's not worth 20m plus I cant see us buying another winger.

musicmonkey

Established Member
I haven't seen him play and only know the media love to throw the tag line, "called the next Ronaldo in Spain" into every article. Every video i've seen of him he looks bang average.

If we want a youngster in this price range we should go again for Thauvin, he looks pretty good as is.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Real Betis winger Alvaro Vadillo would be interested in a January move to Arsenal, his agent has revealed.

The 19-year-old is considered a rising star in Spanish football, and Arsenal are thought to be among the sides interested in signing him.

And amid growing links about a potential switch to north London in the new year, Vadillo’s agent has revealed his client does want to move to the Gunners.

‘Arsenal have not contacted me yet, but of course Alvaro would like to play for Arsenal,’ said Jose Maria Sanchez de Puerta.

‘He is a player that is going to cost a lot of money in the future, and links with a club like Arsenal is totally normal.’

Vadillo was linked with a switch to Tottenham during the closing stages of the summer transfer window, but it’s thought that he would only quit Betis to play Champions League football.

Source

Top Bottom