• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Éver Banega

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
With more links and sources coming up to link us with him, I think its worthy of a thread to discuss yet another DM linked with us.

Arsène Wenger is keen on bolstering Arsenal’s midfield with the signing of an Argentinean international, according to reports in South America.

Argentina’s Telam newspaper has suggested that Wenger is interested in Valencia’s 21-year-old Ever Banega, capped two times by his country.

The midfielder has made no secret of his desire to leave Valencia, stating: "I will not return to Valencia, even though I still have a contract with them."

Banega joined Valencia from Boca Juniors for €18m at the start of 2008, but failed to impress initially and was loaned to Atletico Madrid for the entirety of last season.

With Atletico looking unlikely to make the Argentinean a permanent addition to their playing staff, Wenger seems poised to swoop. Any move for Banega would soften the blow of losing out on principal target, Fiorentina’s Felipe Melo, to Juventus.

Ever Banega Linked

He was very talented and was highly rated 2 years ago until he made the wrong move to join Valencia and that sex cam saga make his reputation drop. Still the talent is there although not quite suited for us. Heres a vid of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNqr-cnU27k

Goons AFC

Re: Ever Banega

Clrnc, I'm refusing to watch the youtube link util it is confirmed it's not the video referenced in your post.

Gurgen

Established Member

This guy is hugely talented, I wouldn't say no either if we can get him on the cheap. Not good enough to start for us yet though and won't solve any problems we have at the moment.

ibby

Established Member

I would have liked him here if we didn't already have Song, Diaby and Denilson.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Banega is exceptionally talented, and would be a very good option for a long-term replacement for Fabregas. He would be a bargain if we can get him for around £5m.

progman07

Established Member

GoonerGurjit said:
Banega is exceptionally talented, and would be a very good option for a long-term replacement for Fabregas. He would be a bargain if we can get him for around £5m.
We have millions of those.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's not a DM and he's not really a box-to-box midfielder. I suspect we'll be linked with any midfielder whose place in his team is shaky or who wants more money. Especially after Cesc intimated that he wanted a better partner in midfield. I honestly don't see how he would improve our team at the moment given his performances in Spain.

taylor314gh

the biggest difference from our other CMs that I see is his apparent ability to tackle. That is what we are sorely missing from our midfield right now...

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Still sounds like an unhappy player using Arsenal to get a new contract or a new team. I've watched him in say 10 games only. For those who've seen him more often, how do you rate him in terms of quickness. The tackling ability I saw was more or less like Cesc's on an ordinary day. Sporadic at best. I don't recall him winning that many balls or disrupting the opponents midfield. I'm just struggling to see how he would be an upgrade over our younger midfielders. Granted he plays for Argentina so he must have more in his locker somewhere but we have enough players with potential.

nazo

Established Member

He's more like a Cesc replacement than a dm we could rely on. There's no way we'd sign him to play dm regularly this season.

progman07

Established Member

taylor314gh said:
the biggest difference from our other CMs that I see is his apparent ability to tackle. That is what we are sorely missing from our midfield right now...
Denilson can also tackle, but he is too sluggish and slow to catch up the players he needs to tackle.

Tackling isn't a special attribute alone, even Rosicky can do it well, and he is an attacker.

Does the guy have stamina, strength, mobility, good positioning, good awareness... these are the attributes you need to have a great DM.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Goons AFC said:
Clrnc, I'm refusing to watch the youtube link util it is confirmed it's not the video referenced in your post.
lol. Its not the sex vid ;) Its a compilation of his best moments. Why would I put offensive vid anyway.

He does have good mobility, positioning, awareness, stamina but not enough strength for us. You can see he don't really outmuscle people away but rather tricks his way out.

He is hugely talented and have bags of tricks(I hate his pull backs though, he kept doing that) and can tackle decently, but he is more of a box-to-box and good passer kind of midfielder.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

progman07 said:
GoonerGurjit said:
We have millions of those.

Yes indeed. I am sure that there are other cheap players ... buy them also and we can have a huge squad of almost wannabes.

Great business.

Top Bottom