• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Éver Banega

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not doubting you but when has he said that Ramsey is in his plans?

He hasn’t. It’s paper talk from the same people who said Wilshere was staying, Arteta was going to be manager and we were after a big physical presence in midfield. Ramsey still hasn’t agreed a new contract and we are 6 weeks away from the close of the window. If he doesn’t agree terms soon he’ll be gone.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You can see why emery like the player Banega is smart player know when to move forward understand his positioning good passer. would very good signing if we are "really" interested.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Banega has been excellent, A Banega, Xhaka and Torreira CM trio would be exciting.
This is assuming Ramsey gets sold right or do you honestly believe that any manager would play xhaka ahead of Ramsey?
Two dlp’s would be redundant either way and one of them being **** doesn’t help your case for this lineup as well.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

This is assuming Ramsey gets sold right or do you honestly believe that any manager would play xhaka ahead of Ramsey?
Two dlp’s would be redundant either way and one of them being **** doesn’t help your case for this lineup as well.
Why would Ramsey need to get sold? Four quality players for three positions is what you need at least. There are plenty of games to go around, depending on the opposition you pick the three most suited to the game.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Banega, Xhaka & Özil in the same team does seem overkill.

Xhaka & Özil in the same team a compromise in itself.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Why would Ramsey need to get sold? Four quality players for three positions is what you need at least. There are plenty of games to go around, depending on the opposition you pick the three most suited to the game.
My point was that the only reason Xhaka should start ahead of Ramsey is if the latter was sold, as in, one is much better than the other. I’m not saying we should sell him to accommodate banega.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

field442

Trusted ⭐

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I like him, but realistically Xhaka gets dropped and Banega starts. Alternatively Torreira is blooded in and Banega starts. Look, I really want Banega here!

Bergkamp1988

Some people seem to believe that having Banega, Xhaka and Özil in the same squad is redundant. I don't believe that to be necessarily true.

As it has been said before, there is such a thing as "rotation". Plus Emery likes to modify his tactics depending on the adversary of the day.

And I don't remember hearing much complaints when Cazorla and Özil were playing in the same midfield.

On the contrary, it creates better chemistry and control in the midfield.

I wouldn't mind having more technique and creativity in midfield. Xhaka and Ramsey being rather average.
Particularly useful against the "park the bus" teams.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Some people seem to believe that having Banega, Xhaka and Özil in the same squad is redundant. I don't believe that to be necessarily true.

As it has been said before, there is such a thing as "rotation". Plus Emery likes to modify his tactics depending on the adversary of the day.

And I don't remember hearing much complaints when Cazorla and Özil were playing in the same midfield.

On the contrary, it creates better chemistry and control in the midfield.

I wouldn't mind having more technique and creativity in midfield. Xhaka and Ramsey being rather average.
Particularly useful against the "park the bus" teams.

It is redundant because the quality isn't there. Banega is just like Özil, super talented and should be playing for Madrid or Barca, if not for how he frequently can't be bothered to turn out. He would be yet another midfielder who we can't rely on to dominate games and give us control week in week out. Cazorla is not perfect and does have bad games, but he turns up far more consistently than any of our current midfielders.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Xhaka hasn't set the world alight but him being our 4th choice CM would be sensational. What an option to have on the bench.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah and it’s all paper talk.

Obviously, I don't work for Arsenal and most of us get our information from various papers and whatnot. This rumor thread is based on "paper talk."

However, all the talk has been about Arsenal wanting Ramsey to stay, and Emery wanting Ramsey to stay.

Who knows what will happen, but just like we're speculating about Banega coming to Arsenal because Emery supposedly likes him, it makes sense to speculate that Ramsey will stay because Emery supposedly likes him too.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Obviously, I don't work for Arsenal and most of us get our information from various papers and whatnot. This rumor thread is based on "paper talk."

However, all the talk has been about Arsenal wanting Ramsey to stay, and Emery wanting Ramsey to stay.

Who knows what will happen, but just like we're speculating about Banega coming to Arsenal because Emery supposedly likes him, it makes sense to speculate that Ramsey will stay because Emery supposedly likes him too.

Quite a big difference with those two examples. One is hearsay while the other is common knowledge. Emery had Banega with him at two teams and made him a key part of both of those teams.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Özil, Xhaka, Torreira and Banega are the superior players to Ramsey. If Ramsey is willing to renew a contract knowing he won't be starter with the quality ahead of him then that's great and it gives us another decent squad option. If Ramsey like Wilshere is unhappy with not being made an automatic starter then we should move him on before we let him go on a free.

lucky7

Özil, Xhaka, Torreira and Banega are the superior players to Ramsey. If Ramsey is willing to renew a contract knowing he won't be starter with the quality ahead of him then that's great and it gives us another decent squad option. If Ramsey like Wilshere is unhappy with not being made an automatic starter then we should move him on before we let him go on a free.
The problem with renewing Ramsey and not intending to start him is that hes just come off of being voted out player of the season, is at peak age, and has his contract down so hes minimized his sale value. He has 100% negotiation leverage on us. We will have to make him one of our top earners to extend him. 180k if not 200k.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Only reason Ramsey would possibly be sold this summer is if he doesnt sign a contract in the next few weeks, I'm going to make an assumption and say the club have learnt a lesson regarding the Özil/Sanchez saga's and wont be going into another season with a player in the last year of their contracts.

Hopefully he puts pen to paper before returning to pre-season, can do without another contract saga going on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom