• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Éver Banega

avalonhse

People forget Mkhi can play anywhere in the midfield too, he can replace what Ramsey offers.

Sell Ramsey, rotate Mkhi and Özil and buy a winger is a better choice than keep him, I think.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Quite a big difference with those two examples. One is hearsay while the other is common knowledge. Emery had Banega with him at two teams and made him a key part of both of those teams.

The point is that none of us have insider knowledge. Yes, Emery coached Banega, but he also coached Sergio Rico. We were linked to him in the press, similarly to Banega, and we obviously didn't sign him. We've also been linked to N'Zonzi.

You can believe whatever you want regarding Ramsey. The news coming out today is that Ramsey is close to signing a new deal and is excited to work under Emery. Who knows if you'll think there is any substance to it.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Özil, Xhaka, Torreira and Banega are the superior players to Ramsey. If Ramsey is willing to renew a contract knowing he won't be starter with the quality ahead of him then that's great and it gives us another decent squad option. If Ramsey like Wilshere is unhappy with not being made an automatic starter then we should move him on before we let him go on a free.
Xhaka is the worst midfielder to have ever been a continuous starter for at least 22 years at this club. This tells me that you’re either a troll or you have no problem with finishing outside the top 4 (something we’ve only done in the past 20 years with xhaka as a starter) once again.
Either way, no one should take your comments seriously

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Xhaka is the worst midfielder to have ever been a continuous starter for at least 22 years at this club. This tells me that you’re either a troll or you have no problem with finishing outside the top 4 (something we’ve only done in the past 20 years with xhaka as a starter) once again.
Either way, no one should take your comments seriously
Same goes for you. :lol:

Divided_Pie

It'll be a 3-4-1-2 with Torreira and Banega playing behind Özil. Auba and Laca both start. Mkhi rotates in to the front 3. Ramsey and Xhaka both out. Elneny and AMN depth at CM.

Settled.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Pointless debate! Xhaka is a system player and that's why he flourished at Gladbach. He is a decent player who could get better for us.

Worst midfielder in the recent past for us? That's stupid. Only a worse poster could come up with this.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
:lol:
Am I wrong though?
It’s either him or denilson unless I forgot someone?
Denilson was bollocks overall while Arteta was a complete liability defensively. He got outmuscled so many times that you'd think Wenger would realize he wasn't a defensive midfielder.
His high percentage in terms of successful passes was largely due to him passing sideways and he wasn't doing much to start out our attacks, but it wasn't his fault he played out of position and made the most out of a rotten deal.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Denilson was bollocks overall while Arteta was a complete liability defensively. He got outmuscled so many times that you'd think Wenger would realize he wasn't a defensive midfielder.
His high percentage in terms of successful passes was largely due to him passing sideways and he wasn't doing much to start out our attacks, but it wasn't his fault he played out of position and made the most out of a rotten deal.
So it’s either him, arteta or denilson according to you. Why did you make out my post to be such an outlandish statement then lol.
Also, Arteta was a significantly better player imo. Had less mistakes in him, better tackler, didn’t lose the ball under pressure as easily, tracked back better, better passer etc.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
So it’s either him, arteta or denilson according to you. Why did you make out my post to be such an outlandish statement then lol.
Also, Arteta was a significantly better player imo. Had less mistakes in him, better tackler, didn’t lose the ball under pressure as easily, tracked back better, better passer etc.

I never said Xhaka was one of our worst midfielders. You did, which is outlandish.
Arteta was pants under pressure and a feather weight in terms of physical duels.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Xhaka passes through more lines than a drug addict.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I never said Xhaka was one of our worst midfielders. You did, which is outlandish.
Arteta was pants under pressure and a feather weight in terms of physical duels.
You clearly think so if the only ones you can mention who you think are worse are denilson and arteta, which is very debatable.
And for clarification before you start mentioning squaddies, I said worst midfielder to have ever been a continuous starter at this club in 22 years

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
You clearly think so if the only ones you can mention who you think are worse are denilson and arteta, which is very debatable.
And for clarification before you start mentioning squaddies, I said worst midfielder to have ever been a continuous starter at this club in 22 years
I clearly don't, since you're trying to put words in my mouth. You said he's the worst starter in 22 years and I named 2 players who have been the worst over this period. One is obviously so, the other somewhat debatable.
Denilson between 2008-2010 was pretty much a starter for Arsenal gathering a total of 57 appearances, so there you have it.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I clearly don't, since you're trying to put words in my mouth. You said he's the worst starter in 22 years and I named 2 players who have been the worst over this period. One is obviously so, the other somewhat debatable.
Denilson between 2008-2010 was pretty much a starter for Arsenal gathering a total of 57 appearances, so there you have it.
So he’s possibly the 2nd worst after Denilson?
How was my statement outlandish again?:lol:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I’m not trolling. If you can’t name at least 3 players who were worse than xhaka (excluding denilson, he’s the worst I’ll give you that) then this conversation is over.
This conversation was over ever since you were exposed as a troll with that comment you made about Xhaka. :lol:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
This conversation was over ever since you were exposed as a troll with that comment you made about Xhaka. :lol:
Yes, we’re left to accuse people of trolling when we can’t argue for our case anymore. Now it’s really over :lol:

At least we established this.
From worst to least bad:
1. Denilson
2. Arteta (debatable)
3. Xhaka (debatable)
4. ???
:D

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom