• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Éver Banega

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
From worst to least good:
1. Denilson
2. Arteta (debatable)
3. Xhaka (debatable)
4. ???
tenor.gif

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
All managers to some some extent will sign players they know and have worked with before, that can fit into their philosophy and systems. Doesnt usually work out best for the player though and suspect this would be one such case with Banega. Wouldnt be overly excited about this one and not sure how he gets into the team with the players we already have.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
to be fair so was Arteta for manager but as the statement under your name suggests you were ready to believe that and get behind Arteta so.....

Arteta was a legitimate candidate in the process. Not really the same as something completely without proof.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Not exactly. Ornstein releases what the club want him to - it could be legitimate or it could be PR respective.

"Arteta is the frontrunner - he wants the job and there is a feeling among staff that he is set to get it - but while it would seem Vieira has drifted out of contention, whispers persist that Allegri remains in the mix."

Seems speculative in Ornstein's piece on it.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Not exactly. Ornstein releases what the club want him to - it could be legitimate or it could be PR respective.

"Arteta is the frontrunner - he wants the job and there is a feeling among staff that he is set to get it - but while it would seem Vieira has drifted out of contention, whispers persist that Allegri remains in the mix."

Seems speculative in Ornstein's piece on it.
yep and he knew so much there was barely a whisper about Emery as well. He's the clubs mouthpiece when they want to go public with something official seemingly but the rest of time still speculates with the best of them.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
yep and he knew so much there was barely a whisper about Emery as well. He's the clubs mouthpiece when they want to go public with something official seemingly but the rest of time still speculates with the best of them.

He said we made contact with Emery in a piece he wrote on the 18th May (as well as Arteta). Gazidis also said he interviewed eight candidates. We even had Guardiola saying he hopes he stays but wouldn't stand in his way. If you don't think Arteta was one of them then you're basically sticking your fingers in your ears screaming "not listening" to try and prove a point, a **** point at that.

Anyway, back to Banega.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Would be a perfect fit. There was some stuff floating around out there a couple of weeks ago. But last week Banega's father said Ever talked to Emery last summer and decided to stay at Sevilla, where he is happy and feels at home now. So I'm figuring this one to be doubtful. But we'll see. Things can change.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
On one hand he fits the profile of the sort of playmaker we need but on the other I don't trust him to keep it together under pressure. And I'd prefer someone younger with huge upside like Zielinski or Frenkie De Jong.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
On one hand he fits the profile of the sort of playmaker we need but on the other I don't trust him to keep it together under pressure. And I'd prefer someone younger with huge upside like Zielinski or Frenkie De Jong.

We already have enough young midfield talents with Guendouzi, Torreira, AMN. What we need is an experienced ''Emery type'' player and Banega fits perfectly.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Jorginho is showing just how effective it can be to have a player who had lots of experience playing in a new manager's system.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Banega is really decent player we got too many young players in midfield it's important to have an well experienced player in midfield.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom