• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Éver Banega

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Jorginho is showing just how effective it can be to have a player who had lots of experience playing in a new manager's system.

Was really surprised how quickly he took that midfield spot. Thought he'll struggle at the beginning but he proved me wrong. Fabinho on the other hand...

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
We already have enough young midfield talents with Guendouzi, Torreira, AMN. What we need is an experienced ''Emery type'' player and Banega fits perfectly.
Jorginho is showing just how effective it can be to have a player who had lots of experience playing in a new manager's system.
Fair points. But I wonder if Banega can keep his head in place under the spotlight. As a player he ticks a lot of boxes and as Emery knows him better than most. I don't question his talent but his temperament.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I like Banega. What I don't like though is that this signing would signify that we're planning to continue shifting Özil to the wing, where he just isn't at his best.

I suppose he's still be an upgrade though. I'm conflicted.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He could, and I wouldn't mind that, but it feels a little silly to sign a Xhaka replacement when we've got more pressing issues to address at RW/CAM, CB, and LB.
I think we'll go for a winger and possibly a CB regardless but a midfield signing could be a big help as well. I mean its not like Xhaka and Özil are excelling at connecting the attack and defense to a required standard at the minute. But yeah if you're thinking budget limits then maybe addressing winger and CB should be priority.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Swapping Ramsey for Ever Banega would be some sort of beautiful dream.
We would still need a winger though.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's already 30, as much as he may be a decent talent surely there is another talent a few years younger we could go for?
We need experience, though.

All our Mids are little puppies...Xhaka, Torreira, Willock, El-Nenny, AMN...he'd add some calmness.

God, we have such an awful midfield. Almost want Özil to play CM until we get a few faces in.

TornadoTed

Established Member
We need experience, though.

All our Mids are little puppies...Xhaka, Torreira, Willock, El-Nenny, AMN...he'd add some calmness.

God, we have such an awful midfield. Almost want Özil to play CM until we get a few faces in.

It's funny how we all see things different, I was only thinking the other day how good our midfield can be with very little work. Torreira looks class, find an upgrade to Xhaka to partner him and we would have a fantastic starting partnership. We would then have Guendouzi and AMN, 2 extremely talented players with high ceilings as their direct backup with Elneny as 5th choice who although not spectacular does a decent job when called upon.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's funny how we all see things different, I was only thinking the other day how good our midfield can be with very little work. Torreira looks class, find an upgrade to Xhaka to partner him and we would have a fantastic starting partnership. We would then have Guendouzi and AMN, 2 extremely talented players with high ceilings as their direct backup with Elneny as 5th choice who although not spectacular does a decent job when called upon.
We bought Socratis...to provide experience and guidance, in addition to being a very good player.

Xhaka and Torreira need someone to shout at them and ask them to go back to their position or make them concentrate.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Beautiful Auba.

Old school Emery trap, pull the opposition to one end and switch over into space on the other.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Having watched some of his videos it seems like he could help bridge the connectivity gap in our team so this might have legs. How quickly he sorts his feet out under pressure and finds passes would free up the team.

As some have pointed out his age should be a positive for our very young midfield and close the experience gap.

He could comfortably slot into a 2 or 3 man midfield while 3 players each for 2 roles is good. Like Banega, Xhaka and Guendouzi for one while Torreira, Elneny and AMN for the other.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom