• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Éver Banega

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, not happening if we can’t buy any players. Sevilla won’t loan him.

HBL

Established Member
Yeah agree with the above, not a chance we're getting Banega on loan. He is far too important for Sevilla.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I'm going to admit, I don't understand how we can't afford players. Basically every team in the league spends plenty of money on players and we can't? We made a profit in the summer last year didn't we?

I get Stan won't put money in but we have one of the biggest incomes of any club in the world, where is it?

Someone esplain.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

1 minute ago:

:lol:

Mixed emotions. Didn’t want YFC, Suarez and Banega.

However I did prefer to spend all that money on one quality player so nothing permanent is jokes.

Gazidis really knocked it out the park didn’t he, letting Alexis’ value run out when it was clear for almost two years he wasn’t renewing, caving and paying Özil the huge contract and not cashing in on Ramsey or Welbeck.

I hope he has a miraculous recovery of his hair and then it all falls out again.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

One of the richest clubs in the world but every transfer window we're told we're skint. Sensational stuff. Should change our name from Charity FC to Skint FC

field442

Trusted ⭐
I'm going to admit, I don't understand how we can't afford players. Basically every team in the league spends plenty of money on players and we can't? We made a profit in the summer last year didn't we?

I get Stan won't put money in but we have one of the biggest incomes of any club in the world, where is it?

We spent £60-£70m net in the summer. That’s probably about the max we can spend on players without selling anyone and without the new sponsorship deals.

Altsu

Someone esplain.

Stan taketh and Stan takes some more

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We spent £60-£70m net in the summer. That’s probably about the max we can spend on players without selling anyone and without the new sponsorship deals.

Summer before we made a few million in profit. So is it more like 30-40 per year max we can spend without sales?

say yes

forum master baiter
Mixed emotions. Didn’t want YFC, Suarez and Banega.

However I did prefer to spend all that money on one quality player so nothing permanent is jokes.

Gazidis really knocked it out the park didn’t he, letting Alexis’ value run out when it was clear for almost two years he wasn’t renewing, caving and paying Özil the huge contract and not cashing in on Ramsey or Welbeck.

I hope he has a miraculous recovery of his hair and then it all falls out again.

Wenger deserves the blame as much, if not more, than Gazidis. He was responsible for the transfer and squad building decisions which have landed us in this mess.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We f*cking suck at buying and selling. Last huge fee we got was Oxlade Chamberlain and even then we let him run it down to his final year.

I know some on here are saying resale value is a “non issue” but this is why it is. If you have an owner who doesn’t give cash injections you’ve got to generate your own transfer budgets.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Summer before we made a few million in profit. So is it more like 30-40 per year max we can spend without sales?

I dunno how much we truly can spend. We’ve spent £90 net while we were in the champions league. You also have to consider our wage bill went up by about £30m while at the same time missing out on the champions league. That’s £50m less revenue that could’ve been used elsewhere.

Top Bottom