• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Éver Banega

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You look back now at the couple of weeks with Özil renewal, Aubameyang signing & Micky / Alexis swap thinking what the **** was going on.

How could we outlay all that money 12 months ago but now be broke.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You look back now at the couple of weeks with Özil renewal, Aubameyang signing & Micky / Alexis swap thinking what the **** was going on.

How could be outlay all that money 12 months ago but now be broke.

The activity in that window pretty much evened itself out. We got rid of Walcott, Sanchez, Giroud, Coquelin and Debuchy. Those wage savings and fees would’ve offset the outgoings.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I mean in all fairness, I really don't mind just loaning players with options to buy. Very risk free which could have a huge bonus if the player is great i.e Suarez, YFC.

Then come summer we have a huge clear out and hopefully with CL we bring in top talent.

My worry is however this squad without signings may struggle to get CL plus we should have money to spend unless the club are just chatting ****.

“Those who know, won’t speak. Those who speak, won’t know.” - Ivan Gazidis.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The activity in that window pretty much evened itself out. We got rid of Walcott, Sanchez, Giroud, Coquelin and Debuchy. Those wage savings and fees would’ve offset the outgoings.
But even so we seem to be maxed out now just 12 months later.

I still cant really work out if self imposed by Kronke or FFP.

say yes

forum master baiter
When Wenger was at his best who was in charge of transfers? David Dein.

Gazidis let Wenger take the reins on everything because it suited him. Guy was gutless.

Don’t disagree with that. However it’s easy to forget that Wenger refused to work with a director of football and thought he was doing a great job.

Gazidis should have taken control of the steering-wheel long before he did, but it was still Arsène (fuelled by hubris and blinded by incompetence) who crashed the car. Both deserve condemnation.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Our 2017 sales:

PKgGDuZ.png

Liverpool mostly get by on selling their star player for an insane amount and spending that, that's how they got out of their very long slump. I hope we don't need to rely on that kind of luck but you have to wonder.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

How could we outlay all that money 12 months ago but now be broke.

Was it someone in AFTV that said that Kroenke is taking out some 4.5ish or more million out of the club per quarter?

We're collateral for his loans.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Was it someone in AFTV that said that Kroenke is taking out some 4.5ish or more million out of the club per quarter?

We're collateral for his loans.

Yeah I read it somewhere too. The tight git only put a small % of his own money in to buy Usmanov's shares, the rest is loaned. No doubt the club is now repaying the loan. The club being used as collateral was always the worry, I have said for years that's why we have such large cash reserves, it makes borrowing easier. :mad:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

We made a profit on transfers that season. Don't let the club's propaganda fool you.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We made a profit on transfers that season. Don't let the club's propaganda fool you.

£4m profit. Just because you record a profit doesn’t mean you have to spend more than that. We bought for £136m and sold for £140m.We spent £70m in the summer and are expected to record a big loss in the next financials, so we spent beyond our means, yet people want to throw **** at Kroenke for not spending or “taking money out of the club”and absolve Wenger of any blame.

The reason we’re posting a loss is because we spent money on a load of ****, increased the wage bill massively, failed to properly manage the contracts of the big players we had and we also fell out of the top 4. All that is because of the Wenger/Gazidis duo so if you want to start blaming anyone for why we can’t spend more than £70m every year it’s probably best to start with those two.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Look at the signing bonuses, contract details & clauses on Footie Leaks.

Micky got 8m to sign. The wage bill has most likely increased.

Dj_sds -

Yeah I read it somewhere too. The tight git only put a small % of his own money in to buy Usmanov's shares, the rest is loaned. No doubt the club is now repaying the loan. The club being used as collateral was always the worry, I have said for years that's why we have such large cash reserves, it makes borrowing easier. :mad:

Worst case scenario, he is using the clubs revenue to pay interest. I highly doubt he would invest over a billion dollars just to drain the clubs revenue to pay back a loan so he can watch his asset depreciate in value, which is what will eventually happen if the club doesnt maximize its earning potential. This does not make sense.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Wouldn't fret on it too much. Kroenke is on borrowed time. The fans will see how Emery does before kicking off. If it goes a bit tits up, It'll be Kronks who cops it, not Emery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom