• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Łukasz Fabiański

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Established Member
No reason to crush the man's spirits and such.
He's not perfect but he's far from the worst keeper in the league...

...who is the worst keeper in the league? Somebody check the stats.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Almunia is one of the best back up keepers in the league. Most of the time when hes come in exspecially in the cups hes done well.

As a first team keeper hes proved he was not capable but Wenger says he has improved so we'll see.

Sammer

Established Member
One thing about those Youtube clips:

first of all, the one comparing Fabianski to Cech is ridiculous. Not only are most of Fabianskis saves ordinary in that compilation, but even if they were superb, they don´t mean much.

A keeper is judged on consistency and concentration. Every keeper makes wonderful saves in a season, but it´s the total of their action and their ability to limit flaws which ultimately decides.

Almunia for instance makes wonderful saves, but he is suspect in high-pressure situations.

With the new guy, we´ll just have to wait and see. But don´t base your judgement on a YouTube compilation....;)

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Fabianski isn't that short, compared to the likes of Landreau or Coupet. I don't know why the heck are people comparing him to Petr Cech my god you people haven't even seen him play apart from watching those Youtube clips. But after watching it myself, what I see is a GK who is really fast in reactions and has good reflexes. Then again, thats a judgement from watching a couple of YT clips.

Endris

I feel slightly sick right now. I just talked to another goalkeeper who saw him play a couple of times last season and he said he was awful. Dropped the ball all the time and didn't catch a single cross securely. :(

Can someone who saw him regularly this season please tell me that he is great now?

Paddy from Sweden

Endris,

Stop being so negative! ;-)

When we've seen him a couple of times in pre-season, the reserves or CC we have something we can base our views on and make up our own mind about him. But before then I think some people should lay off the negative line as Fabianski should be allowed to show what he can before people start to slag him off and AW for signing him.

Personally I'm quite excited about this signing. Something about signing a new player just makes me happy in a weird way.

PolishGooner

Endris said:
I feel slightly sick right now. I just talked to another goalkeeper who saw him play a couple of times last season and he said he was awful. Dropped the ball all the time and didn't catch a single cross securely. :(

Can someone who saw him regularly this season please tell me that he is great now?

yes he is good. It`s normal you get a different opinions from different people. Dont worry

The Man Who

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... et+to+sign

Arsène Wenger is expecting to complete the signing of Lukasz Fabianski soon.

Speaking exclusively to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday, the Arsenal manager confirmed that the 22-year-old Polish keeper was set to move from Legia Warsaw in the near future.

“That will be done,” said Wenger. “He will be our new goalkeeper. He will join us next year, be in the squad and compete for a position.

“He is one for the future. We have identified him as having all the qualities to challenge here and be one of the future great goalkeepers for Arsenal Football Club.”

Arsenal_FAN1983

Endris said:

Your only as good as your last game. Come on this guy has been 1st choice keeper for his club, they have won the Championship as well. That to me tells me is capable, thing is he has to adapt to the pace of the game, faster shots coming in etc, but then again he probably experience fast shots in Poland.

We have Lehmann for one more year so we are quite secure in that department, if the keepers we have don't show they are capable to be 1st choice, then we can still buy another keeper.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Endris said:

Your only as good as your last game. Come on this guy has been 1st choice keeper for his club, they have won the Championship as well. That to me tells me is capable, thing is he has to adapt to the pasteof the game, faster shots coming in etc, but then again he probably experience fast shots in Poland.

We have Lehmann for one more year so we are quite secure in that department, if the keepers we have don't show they are capable to be 1st choice, then we can still buy another keeper.
nope. almunia will then step up. ****.

fabianski has got all the qualities to succeed. i hope he is as good as the video suggest.

Arsenal_FAN1983

arsenal_hleb said:
nope. almunia will then step up. f**k.

fabianski has got all the qualities to succeed. i hope he is as good as the video suggest.

Depends if this guy can come in and show he is more able than Almunia he will be no1. This of course would result in Alumnia leaving next season, so we might still have to buy another keeper next summer for backup/no1 position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom