• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Łukasz Fabiański

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolishGooner

bluenaz said:
How good is he compared to Boruc?

You're actually going to talk to Dowhan?

Thanks for your reply btw ;)

cant compare their potential. Definately Boruc is better for now - older, more experienced, plays for better club, is regularely capped, played in Champions League

Kenyonhater

He doesn't look very tall in that clip. Maybe the guy he was arguing with is the Peter Crouch of Poland.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I was affraid that he wasn't the keeper who recieved that goal from Colombian goalkeeper just before the World Cup. And nope, it was manure's Kuszczak ;)
Yes, he looks excellent, but on youtube compilantions really everybody can look really good.

Endris

I would like to have someone who can really challenge Lehmann next season. He will have to step up now and he is best under those circumstances.

But what about Almunia? Why would he leave now that Wenger implied he would fight with Jens for the first team place next season and would have been made number olne had Lehmann left? This doesn't make sense. Maybe Fabianski will only be our third choice next season. Or they will really dump Almunia and sorry, but is this the way to **** with a player's mind? It sounds.. false to me, taken aside what may or not may be better for Arsenal.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
he is tall, 190cm. perfect replacement. not quite certain about his ability, but have heard great things about him in the past.

i think we have been linked with him a couple of times already

EDIT: just seen the video and he looks great. compilation of course shows all his great saves but i think his ability potential is big. he reminds me abit of spanish agile keepers like reina and casilias. he don't look like 190cm in the videos though. not to mention alot of his saves looked abit inexperienced and he could learn alot from lehmann if he is understudy here next season.

and yes, his antics are similar to lehmann

asajoseph

Established Member
Looks like we might all have spoken a little too soon...

That youtube clip (the first one) was extremely impressive - whilst you get no idea about a keeper's consistency, or really over the command he has over the players in front of him, a good save is a good save regardless of who's striking the ball, and there were plenty...

A

Anonymous

Not sure about the song in the video, but some of those saves were impressive.

A bit worried that he doesn't seem to be holding on to the ball and just palming them away for a corner or potentially another rebound.

I know the Arsenal goalkeeping coaches emphasise on the players holding the ball and not allowing it to go back into play for another shot or a corner for that matter.

But, Arsène knows.

KY

Established Member
PolishGooner said:
bluenaz said:
http://arsenal-mania.com/news/3104024/Unconfirmed-Arsenal-sign-new-keeper.html
Looks like someone made an article about this on the main site. Does anyone watch the Ekstraklasa regularly to tell us about him. (PolishGooner)

he is trained by Kazimierz Dowhan, the best goalkeeper coach in Poland, one of the best in Europe. He trained Artur Boruc, Wojtek Szczesny and Fabianski.

He is good - he was 3rd goalie on World Cup instead of experienced Dudek, He can be number two for sure. It is said that Wenger promised him number two next season and then propably number one.

I will talk to his coach soon so I can get more info for you

wow. are you a professional player? how do you know his coach?

Endris

None of this articles are saying anything. I'd like him to come here but right now it sounds like yet another of those rumours. How often have we been close/almost done to sign this and that goalkeeper this season.

evoh_1

Established Member
for me boruc is a better keeper and would only come as first choice, this guy looks good but will have to wait behind lehmann for a year before he get s real league time. plus aluimnia will want to go to a club for first team football if he doesn't get promises of forst team football over the next few seasons.

Linson

So what do people think will become of Almunia? In fairness he has put up some stalwart displays for us this season. I would love to know what Wenger has planned for him, and Poom for that matter. What was the idea with Poom by the way? Is he here as a player coach?

Taozhe

I know nothing about this player but I hope he'll be a good keeper if possible, can step straight into the first team.

otfgoon

Established Member
Linson said:
So what do people think will become of Almunia? In fairness he has put up some stalwart displays for us this season. I would love to know what Wenger has planned for him, and Poom for that matter. What was the idea with Poom by the way? Is he here as a player coach?

Poom just here to be third choice I assume. If what happened to Chelsea happened to us we'd of had to play Butcher or someone and that would have been a disaster.

I don't know how much truth is in this story but if it is true I would personally want us to loan Almunia out for a season and bring him back once Jens retires and continue with his current role, he's a terrific backup. Not sure he'd be too happy with that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom