• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Łukasz Fabiański

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinn

Established Member
Wikipedia says Łukasz Fabiański (pronounced Woo-kash Fab-yañ-ski)

Wookash!

siddharth

There is no way this is true. With Dein gone who do we have to do the negotiations in a smart way. Also legia warsaw would be foolish to do the deal this early. Waiting for the transfer window to open and attracting more bidders is what they should be doing to maximize the fee.

Nutsy

Established Member
Damn, his name sounds like a whip :shock:

A couple of me polish mates seen him play, they say he's good. I havent seen him play, so I can't make a definite comparison between him and Gordon. Video compilations seemed to make him a class shot stopper, but can we really trust on JUST that?

Arsène Knows, - So I trust him on this one.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
otfgoon said:
Linson said:
So what do people think will become of Almunia? In fairness he has put up some stalwart displays for us this season. I would love to know what Wenger has planned for him, and Poom for that matter. What was the idea with Poom by the way? Is he here as a player coach?

Poom just here to be third choice I assume. If what happened to Chelsea happened to us we'd of had to play Butcher or someone and that would have been a disaster.

I don't know how much truth is in this story but if it is true I would personally want us to loan Almunia out for a season and bring him back once Jens retires and continue with his current role, he's a terrific backup. Not sure he'd be too happy with that though.
chelsea had 2 keepers injured. so if that happen to us. it will be poom playing, not butcher. and for that matter what butcher? won't it be that scjnesy or something that polisk keeper

jester

Established Member
I'd be delighted if we tied this signing up early on. Leaves the rest of the summer, firstly for wenger to pick the new DofF, and for that man to get us the other player(s) we need.

fabregas

... and what about that Italian youngster we got from Atalanta? Forgot his name but from what I see, he seems doomed like Lupoli.

otfgoon

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
otfgoon said:
Linson said:
So what do people think will become of Almunia? In fairness he has put up some stalwart displays for us this season. I would love to know what Wenger has planned for him, and Poom for that matter. What was the idea with Poom by the way? Is he here as a player coach?

Poom just here to be third choice I assume. If what happened to Chelsea happened to us we'd of had to play Butcher or someone and that would have been a disaster.

I don't know how much truth is in this story but if it is true I would personally want us to loan Almunia out for a season and bring him back once Jens retires and continue with his current role, he's a terrific backup. Not sure he'd be too happy with that though.
chelsea had 2 keepers injured. so if that happen to us. it will be poom playing, not butcher. and for that matter what butcher? won't it be that scjnesy or something that polisk keeper

Thats my point, I was saying what may have happened if we didnt have Poom.

And no, Szczesny has only played 1 reserve league game and 9 academy league games. Butcher has been the main U18 keeper while Mannone and Poom have been the main reserve league keepers.

Artillero

fabregas said:
... and what about that Italian youngster we got from Atalanta? Forgot his name but from what I see, he seems doomed like Lupoli.

Not many keepers play 1st team football under 20, (not including Buffon).

Double_H

Established Member
i like his hight to be honest and a good shot stopper

thats what we are missing ..Most of the goals we conced are shots where Mad Jens seems weak

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
pooms going to extend his contract and stay here till he retires...so you can say hes a player/coach, just more of a back up servant
extra depth in the keeper department

awooga83

Established Member
Double_H said:

thats what we are missing ..Most of the goals we conced are shots where Mad Jens seems weak

Lehmanns problem has always been crosses or balls in the air and his petulant behaviour in the box that he loses focus over, he was a pretty quality shot stopper so that hasn't really been our problem.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
Damn, his name sounds like a whip :shock:

A couple of me polish mates seen him play, they say he's good. I havent seen him play, so I can't make a definite comparison between him and Gordon. Video compilations seemed to make him a class shot stopper, but can we really trust on JUST that?

Arsène Knows, - So I trust him on this one.

A Polish bloke I know at work said he was rubbish.

But then again I trust Wenger.

But...

I still a club of our status should be signing a player of established quality. Jens was a fairly well known keeper when he came to us and it took him 18 months to mature...as a goalkeeper :wink:

In other words, I don't want to have the future 'best goalie in the world' I want the current one, or at least someone who has already proved themself. After all, goalkeeper is a position where you can't really make mistakes, you need someone you can rely on.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

awooga83 said:
Double_H said:

Lehmanns problem has always been crosses or balls in the air and his petulant behaviour in the box that he loses focus over, he was a pretty quality shot stopper so that hasn't really been our problem.
he WAS a pretty quality shot stopper but this season his standard has dropped quite alot. he has let in quite a number of long shots that a young and agile shot stopper would have saved.

Glovegun

Established Member
I suppose this is the point of bringing him in now whilst Jens is still there. Wenger can see him in training, play him in the Carling and FA Cup and see how he takes it. If he flops we still have an established number 1. He does seem talented, but I dont think Im alone in saying Id have preferred a more established keeper. Interesting that Arsène has gone for a comparitive youngster as well. 22 for a keeper is roughly the equivalent of being about 18 for an outfield player.

nazo

Established Member
Well tbh, i think his handling looks poor, but he could improve. He certainly doesn't look 190cm. I think signing Gordon for 4-5mil instead of this guy for 2-3mil would be better.

Meatwad

Kmiecik is a giant, so if you're trying to get a read on his height based on that coming together with Kmiecik then you'd be mistaken.

awooga83

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
he WAS a pretty quality shot stopper but this season his standard has dropped quite alot. he has let in quite a number of long shots that a young and agile shot stopper would have saved.

I don't think he could have done much about the shots he has conceded even from distance and he has still made some qulity saves like at United for example. What he has started doing again is flapping at balls, coming for things he shouldn't and letting the little scuffles in the box become his focus again. His general shot stopping i don't feel has got worse, i hardly remeber a goal we conceded that i thought he could have done much about, bar him coming for things he shouldn't or doing stupid things in the box but not his shot stopping.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

awooga83 said:
arsenal_hleb said:

I don't think he could have done much about the shots he has conceded even from distance and he has still made some qulity saves like at United for example. What he has started doing again is flapping at balls, coming for things he shouldn't and letting the little scuffles in the box become his focus again. His general shot stopping i don't feel has got worse, i hardly remeber a goal we conceded that i thought he could have done much about, bar him coming for things he shouldn't or doing stupid things in the box but not his shot stopping.
generally, you can say he has not done much worse at shot stopping. but you could see some of his reflexes being slower than other keepers. certain long shots can be saved. jenas one certainly, mendez one maybe. those are just a few egs. he has been slow at moving to stop long shots this season. a young and agile shot stopper would have saved those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom