• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Łukasz Fabiański

Status
Not open for further replies.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Bloody hell wenger does have an obsession to go for the unknown.

He could have got Boruc, Gordan or that russian lad. Proven quality in respectable leagues..

kooldawg

Established Member
Imo, i'd rather that we got Akinfeev.

But since that looks like it isnt happening Fabianski it is.

Grampus_Eight

otfgoon said:
Grampus_Eight said:
Captain said:
Well, I suppose that it is the way it is sometimes. Scouts more qualified then you or I have probably made the call and we have made our move.

Time will tell if it is the right one.

You think that our scouts seriously rate him better than Akinfeev, Boruc and Gordon?

I don't buy that. I think they must like the ratio of his talent and upside potential and is willingness to be 2nd choice until Jens departs compared to his price.

Does anyone seriously rate Fabianski as better than Boruc?

Our scouts and coaches don't have a sterling record on goalkeepers in the Wenger-era anyway.

Well to be fair the major signings have been Wright, Jens and Almunia. Jens has been terrific, possibly the best goalkeeper in Europe last year. Almunia has been very impressive in the cup competitions and has turned out to be a very good back-up. Wright was a bit of a ****-up but he did seems like a decent keeper before we signed him.

Gordan has never really struck me as the type of keeper Wenger likes, commanding keepers who can take some pressure off the defenders. He's a good shot stopper and is fairly reliable but he doesnt come out from crosses often.

Not seen Boruc enough to comment and Akinfeev will simply cost far too much.

Overall, I do think you're right. In comparison to United, we've done very well at the position.

However, Jens has had his fair share of struggles at the club. Almunia was an absolute disaster when he took over from Jens a couple of seasons ago and has had some devestatingly poor moments, but he looks much better these days, but if he's off at the end of this season, we can't say he's worked out too well if he's not going to be given a real chance at ever becoming first choice. But considering Almunia couldn't get a game at Recreativo Huelva or Celta Vigo and we picked him up from Albacete, he was a good find in a way.

As for Wright, he did look a good prospect - so I guess you're right. I just can't imagine this purchase isn't very largely based upon Alumnia leaving and trying to replace Almunia and eventually Jens with the best player available on a relatively low budget.

And I don't think that's a good policy. When Jens leaves at the end of next season, we should replace him with the best keeper we can possibly afford. Someone with a proven and long record.

evoh_1

Established Member
goalkeeper is the one position where IMO its best to spend big and get a real proven quality talent unless someone really strikes you as a possible great. we missed out on cech for some reason (he was in ligue 1 and the scouts missed him?) we need a quality GK as every team needs quality in that position to get anyweher in the top 4.

for me Boruc is that sort of proven player he has played CL, World Cup, Been at a big club where its quite for some periods of time. after buffon he is my first choice followed by Ustari (Work Permit?)

Fabianski has done nothing yet and Gordon looks a similar player with better cross picking, if we our doing thes edeal i start to worry about who is advising Arsène on players, bring commoli back to the club!

otfgoon

Established Member
Grampus_Eight said:
Overall, I do think you're right. In comparison to United, we've done very well at the position.

However, Jens has had his fair share of struggles at the club. Almunia was an absolute disaster when he took over from Jens a couple of seasons ago and has had some devestatingly poor moments, but he looks much better these days, but if he's off at the end of this season, we can't say he's worked out too well if he's not going to be given a real chance at ever becoming first choice. But considering Almunia couldn't get a game at Recreativo Huelva or Celta Vigo and we picked him up from Albacete, he was a good find in a way.

As for Wright, he did look a good prospect - so I guess you're right. I just can't imagine this purchase isn't very largely based upon Alumnia leaving and trying to replace Almunia and eventually Jens with the best player available on a relatively low budget.

And I don't think that's a good policy. When Jens leaves at the end of next season, we should replace him with the best keeper we can possibly afford. Someone with a proven and long record.

I agree, the goalkeeping position is probably the hardest to judge, even if you watch them everyweek. It not really a position you can take a risk in. But then i'm sure Arsène knows that, and even though we've not seen a lot of him, I would imagine Arsène wouldn't go in for him unless he was certain he can produce the goods.

Grampus_Eight

Grampus_Eight said:
PolishGooner said:
only medical tests left according to press. Something is on the air

Thanks for all the information on this.

By the way, are players in the Polish league incredibly tall or is Fabianski perhaps not 190cm?

He doesn't seem as big as Jens in the clips.

And when he's standing next to Boruc, he looks more than 3cm shorter.

Finally, am I wrong about Boruc? When I've seen him play at the world cup, champions league matches against Milan and United, he's been spectacular.

How good is he?

By the way, were you joking when you said you were going to speak to his goalkeeping coach? Or do you have insider access there?

Anyway, thanks again for whatever information you have.

Do you think Fabianski has the potential to be as good as Boruc? How does he compare to Boruc when Boruc was 22?

Finally, am I wrong about Boruc? To me, he looks like one of the best keepers in europe based upon the games I've seen him play.

The Milan ties, the United ties and at the world cup. Is he as good as I seem to think?

PolishGooner

he is 190. If I were Wenger I would buy Boruc - he is great. After just one (or two) seasons he was hailed one of the best Celtic goalies ever. He is full international, was recommended by Gattuso to Milan. I dont know why we are buying Fabianski not Boruc. He is simply better.

what is more Boruc is a great lad, sometimes when he doesnt play he goes to a stand and watch a game with supporters, cheering them up. What is more Boruc could be number one straight away. He knows how to play in UK

foto_miesiaca13.jpg

Viper

Established Member
Typical Wenger. Looking for the cheaper and unproven option.

This signing does not fill me with confidence. We should be looking to sign the likes of Boruc, not Fabianski, another unknown player! No wonder we are barely linked with bigger names; who would want to join a team full of unknowns?

Sorry of this sounds like a stupid post, and it probably is lol.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
kooldawg said:
Imo, i'd rather that we got Akinfeev.

But since that looks like it isnt happening Fabianski it is.
what a relief we didnt sign akinfeev. he just broke his knee ligaments and will be out till next season.

btw, i have full confidence over wenger's goalie signing. we werent that happy when jens join but he proved us wrong. i believe wenger has done alot of research and picked the best option which is fabianski. boruc might be better but fabianski CAN still improve given his tender age

Arsenal_FAN1983

Remember when we wanted to sign Cech, but he was an unknown also, we couldn't get a work permit for him so the deal didn't go through. Look at him now though.

We don't know anything about this keeper other than the little facts like his height and a few videos of him. Having Lehmann for one more year and buying this keeper could help Wenger assess his qualities. If he likes what he sees Fabianski will be our no.1 if not then Wenger will need to look for another keeper next summer.

We will probably pay £2m for this guy so I don't think it will be too much of a gamble, not when we have Lehmann here for one more year anyway.

Grampus_Eight

PolishGooner said:
he is 190. If I were Wenger I would buy Boruc - he is great. After just one (or two) seasons he was hailed one of the best Celtic goalies ever. He is full international, was recommended by Gattuso to Milan. I dont know why we are buying Fabianski not Boruc. He is simply better.

what is more Boruc is a great lad, sometimes when he doesnt play he goes to a stand and watch a game with supporters, cheering them up. What is more Boruc could be number one straight away. He knows how to play in UK

foto_miesiaca13.jpg

I'm surprised that Fabianski is 190cm - the same height as Jens. The players in the Polish league must be pretty big on the whole then.

Anyway, Boruc is really emotional, no? But I think he's emotional in a good way - as he doesn't get up to weird antics on the field so much as look to inspire and provide good and positive emotions - leadership with some edge.

He plays without fear.

That's real cool about him sitting in the supporters section with fans. I think he would be hugely popular at Arsenal. He's a winner. And he's a good samaritan, even a hero.

READ THIS:

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_hea ... _page.html

I love the current Scottish FA investigation over him waving a Celtic flag at Ibrox over the weekend in celebration of winning the league.

Boruc for Arsenal!

Arsenal_FAN1983

Grampus_Eight said:
Boruc for Arsenal!

He seems like a funny character, provoking opposition fans I find that rather amusing, his antics are funny. :lol:

Imagine what he would do at Tottenham games if he moved to Arsenal. :lol: :)

Asterix

Established Member
I've said it on many occasions - I'd love to see Boruc here, for all the reasons Grampus has set out.

morpho

Established Member
well i just dont trust our scouts when it comes to goalkeepers...
after all we have Almunia :shock:

Gurgen

Established Member
Can't be bothered really, it's not that important to me :wink:

His handling is not world class imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom