• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Łukasz Fabiański

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man Who

PolishGooner said:
nidza7 said:
Do you have a link mate?

to Polish sources - yes

Fabianski agreed all details - he will be signed soon for sure. It was confirmed by his agent. More details on request :)

At least if this deal is true Wenger is signing a player nice and early rather than being in a mad rush before deadline day and giving the player no time to settle.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=465680&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=&title=Arsenal+eye+Warsaw+raid

asajoseph

Established Member
PolishGooner...

Thanks for all the updates, a few further questions about him...

What's his handling like?

Does he deal with crosses well?

Is his preference to catch or punch?

Is he as good a shot-stopper as the clips make out?

How does he control his defence - is he vocal?

Thanks.

gunnerGH

Established Member
asajoseph said:
PolishGooner...

Thanks.

You sound like a worried man asajoseph lol

longrufus

Established Member
Bit of a surprise to be honest. I was expecting a new number one to be bought over the summer, Gordon would have been a great buy.

However this means Wenger has seemingly given Jens the thumbs up for one more year.

We wont know how good this bit of buisness is until we see the man in the Carling Cup or maybe even the Emirates Cup. Its good that Wenger is bringing him in early, so he can settle in over summer.

j'nuh

Funny that only a couple of weeks ago Wenger said he wouldnt sign another keeper and Almunia could easily be number one. I know we should expect no less from him but it seems weird to complete a deal so soon after saying that.

Almunia must be fuming.

siddharth

longrufus said:
Bit of a surprise to be honest. I was expecting a new number one to be bought over the summer, Gordon would have been a great buy.
With lehmann signing a new deal we were never going to get a first choice keeper. Also lehmann would never have signed the deal if he had been told so and not telling him would have been unprofessional. I would have preferred Gordon too but lets give this new guy time to prove himself.

asajoseph

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
asajoseph said:
PolishGooner...

Thanks.

Not at all - from the Youtube clip alone, he looks quite exciting, though of course you can't really tell all that much from these clips. Hence my questions to someone who's obviously seen a little more of him than I!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
we were not going to sign an established keeper with Jens signing another year.. an no proven keeper would have WANTED to sign for us after that... in a season where all teams will be playing towards the Euros, no top notch keeper would want to be second string... that's why Dudek is leaving 'Pool, because he got dropped for Poland before the WC....

gunnerGH

Established Member
asajoseph said:
gunnerGH said:
asajoseph said:
PolishGooner...

Thanks.

Not at all - from the Youtube clip alone, he looks quite exciting, though of course you can't really tell all that much from these clips. Hence my questions to someone who's obviously seen a little more of him than I!

Yeh ive seen that one aswel. The same save is shown 10 times lol. Wouldnt mind seeing one of any bloopers he has made if any that is.

Youtube shows biased views of players depending on the creator.

Bet we could put a video together of baptista's time at arsenal and portray him as a hero.

evoh_1

Established Member
great a nobody that rules us out of getting a world class keeper for the next season as well, ****ing joke what do we have to spend less money then villa and newcastle?

gunnerGH

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
great a nobody that rules us out of getting a world class keeper for the next season as well, f****g joke what do we have to spend less money then villa and newcastle?

If you want to compete for the title in our financial position yes

famous no 10

Established Member
Oh well, haven't seen anything of this guy but I'm hoping he's a class act, and if he is then it's a couple of million well spent.

I guess Wengers saving his money for that BIG signing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom