• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Łukasz Fabiański

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, right...

Jens signs another year deal to stay on as our #1 keeper... and we sign a highly rated younger keeper to understudy Lehmann....

that certainly equals "Almunia will be our #1 next season"...

oooooooooooook

go49oner

Established Member
"He is knocking at the door and stronger than ever," Wenger told Arsenal.com. "I always felt the potential was in him but he has become calmer recently.

"Remember he came from a small club and to play at Arsenal is to be under tremendous pressure from one day to the next. You are under scrutiny for every move that you make. It takes time to adapt to that.

"But now, at 29, he is getting to an age where you become a goalkeeper for the big clubs. He is challenging Jens. But Jens is doing extremely well himself. He is having a great season too.

Look am not saying he is going to our #1 all am saying is I get the feeling Wenger may risk it and give him chance.

PolishGooner

Do you really expect Wenger saying "Let zee, I`m buying that your Pole becauze I cant stand Almunia who is worse than a potato. He is still with uz becauze nobody wantz to buy him".

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
go49oner said:
"He is knocking at the door and stronger than ever," Wenger told Arsenal.com. "I always felt the potential was in him but he has become calmer recently.

"Remember he came from a small club and to play at Arsenal is to be under tremendous pressure from one day to the next. You are under scrutiny for every move that you make. It takes time to adapt to that.

"But now, at 29, he is getting to an age where you become a goalkeeper for the big clubs. He is challenging Jens. But Jens is doing extremely well himself. He is having a great season too.

Look am not saying he is going to our #1 all am saying is I get the feeling Wenger may risk it and give him chance.
i remember that quote... it was said on January 31...... we didnt purchase a 22-yeard old international at that time... and Jens hadnt signed a new deal....

mccroix

PolishGooner said:
Do you really expect Wenger saying "Let zee, I`m buying that your Pole becauze I cant stand Almunia who is worse than a potato. He is still with uz becauze nobody wantz to buy him".

wasn't there a rumour about villareal being interested in almunia?
anyway, i guess wenger is justboosting almunia's confidence...no way will he be our next #1

lehmann will leave us after the next season i guess and by then fabianski should be ready if he does well...his highlits on youtube look very promising

morpho

Established Member
longrufus said:
Great pearls of wisdom there Legend.

To be honest im not sure what the fuss is about. Wenger obviously seems confident that Jens is more than capable for another year. We have Almunia, who has been an excellent no.2. By bringing him in now, Wenger gets to see him in training for a year and the odd CC match, to see if he will make the grade.

At the end of next season he can re-evaluate the situation. Jens will go im sure, leaving either the possibility for Almunia or Fabianski to step up or he will look for another GK.

Makes perfect sense.

ok rufus, you calmed me down... Maybe actualy Wenger knows what he is doing after all :eek:ops:

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... eady+done'

Former Legia Warsaw coach Dariusz Kubicki believes Lukasz Fabianski's move to Arsenal is "already done". Asked when he expected the deal to be completed, Kubicki told Sky Sports News: "I think it's already done. What I know is this transfer is definitely going through.

"It's a great chance for him. A lot of polish players dream about playing in the Premier League.

"He had some other options with big clubs in Germany but the offer which Arsène Wenger gave him probably was the best and not the financial side of the offer but the prospect of playing for a big club, maybe not yet but in a season or so."

"When he came to Legia Warsaw he was the second keeper behind Artur Boruc and it didn't take him long (to become number one)," he said.

"He's prepared to wait for his chance and when he gets it I'm sure he will take it with both hands."

Kubicki is also expecting Fabianski to become his country's number one in the not too distant future.

He added: "He's probably on a similar level (to Tomasz Kuszczak and Boruc) but he's five or four years younger than them and that's an advantage."
Sounds good.

Endris

longrufus said:
Great pearls of wisdom there Legend.

To be honest im not sure what the fuss is about. Wenger obviously seems confident that Jens is more than capable for another year. We have Almunia, who has been an excellent no.2. By bringing him in now, Wenger gets to see him in training for a year and the odd CC match, to see if he will make the grade.

At the end of next season he can re-evaluate the situation. Jens will go im sure, leaving either the possibility for Almunia or Fabianski to step up or he will look for another GK.

Makes perfect sense.

I guess that is pretty much what we are going to get. If Almunia stays - and I don't know why he shouldn't as he said Villarreal was never interested - I highly doubt that Fabianski will just walk in an take the number two spot, no way.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Hopefully weve got another gem.

Most important thing for me is if he can command the area, organize a defense and generally is comfortable with catching.

Our defending from set pieces is as bad as it is so i'm sure Wenger has addressed those points when looking for a goalkeeper. Hopefully not a problem.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
kaids said:
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=465877&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=&title=Fabianski+deal+'already+done'

Former Legia Warsaw coach Dariusz Kubicki believes Lukasz Fabianski's move to Arsenal is "already done". Asked when he expected the deal to be completed, Kubicki told Sky Sports News: "I think it's already done. What I know is this transfer is definitely going through.

"It's a great chance for him. A lot of polish players dream about playing in the Premier League.

"He had some other options with big clubs in Germany but the offer which Arsène Wenger gave him probably was the best and not the financial side of the offer but the prospect of playing for a big club, maybe not yet but in a season or so."

"When he came to Legia Warsaw he was the second keeper behind Artur Boruc and it didn't take him long (to become number one)," he said.

"He's prepared to wait for his chance and when he gets it I'm sure he will take it with both hands."

Kubicki is also expecting Fabianski to become his country's number one in the not too distant future.

He added: "He's probably on a similar level (to Tomasz Kuszczak and Boruc) but he's five or four years younger than them and that's an advantage."
Sounds good.
the part about his quote that i think is funny is "When he came to Legia Warsaw he was the second keeper behind Artur Boruc and it didn't take him long (to become number one),"

yeah, once Boruc was signed for Celtic... LOL

Endris

>YounGunner< said:
Hopefully weve got another gem.

Most important thing for me is if he can command the area, organize a defense and generally is comfortable with catching.

Our defending from set pieces is as bad as it is so i'm sure Wenger has addressed those points when looking for a goalkeeper. Hopefully not a problem.

I am not sure. I asked some Polish mates and the commanding and catching bit didn't sound all too convincing. But we will see what he can do. He will probably get a few games in the CC.

Arsenal_FAN1983

I will be looking forward to seeing him in the pre-season games. :)

I think we need to get players in early so they can be on pre-season with us.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Reyesvanpersie said:
go49oner said:
PolishGooner said:
Doesnt Almunia contract expire this summer, no?

Not sure but I get the feeling Almunia will be our #1 next season.

What gave you that idea?

Arsenal 'close in on new keeper'

Read this :D

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger said: "I see Jens as a top-class goalkeeper and Almunia as a top-class goalkeeper, so it will be a battle at some stage because Almunia has improved tremendously.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Paddy from Sweden said:
DC Gunner,

Those quotes are from earlier this season and the ones that some people refered to further up on this page.
I figured :eek:ops:

Nevertheless, it scares me that Wenger thinks Almunia is a Top Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom