• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

‘Scapegoating’ Players for Wenger’s Incompetence

JGooner

alonso14 said:
Just curious - Match Go-ers

Watching the game as a neutral and from the outside, there seemed to be an air of quiet resignation in the second half on Sunday

I noticed it most when the subs were made....polite applause, and sit back and watch the defeat gain momentum...

Where are the match going crowd at? Has Wenger lost some / most all of the support?

It reminds me of Houlliers last days.......when people were too fed up to get angry

I always got the feeling that people were trustin of Wenger, but if here is anything to go by that isnt the case

just curious

Well, I definitely heard boos when Adebayor came on, and I sit just above the "hardcore" section which almost never boos, so it must have been pretty loud wherever it was taking place.

Generally, it was a resigned atmosphere. The fans neither believe in the team nor have much affection for them. At least the latter wasn't true during the dog days under Graham. "Too fed up to get angry" is a good summary of the current mood. It would have been worse had the opponents not been arch-rivals, as fans never want to be seen as disloyal in front of visiting fans they despise.

The stadium was literally half-empty after Malouda scored the 4th, and the worst thing is that this was actually a lucky break for Wenger, because the people who left would have booed big-time after the final whistle had they stayed.

Also, as I've said quite often this season, the pro-Wenger chants which used to happen at every game (the main one being "give us a wave", to which Wenger obliged) are rarer and rarer. Not a single one on Sunday, even before Chelsea scored.

Feanor

Established Member
This team is a reflection of Wenger, he built this team from scratch by discarding some very, very popular players (Vieira, Henry, Pires etc...) and the replacements have fallen wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy short of the expectations. Most of us are absolutely disgusted by this team and by simple association, disgusted with Wenger's attitude to stick by players who constantly do not repay his blind faith.

Spam

Established Member
alonso14 said:
i also heard boo's on the tv when Adebayor came on

didnt know exactly what it was for
He's been flirting with AC ilan recently. He said playing for them'd be like dating Beyonce... idiot!

qs

Established Member
alonso14 said:

There were a few people but it was very few. He didn't get a cheer though. Pretty fickle TBH. The same people will sing his name when he scores but as soon as he hits a dry spell everyone calls him a lazy ****er and decide they hate him again.

alonso14

Established Member
qs said:
alonso14 said:

There were a few people but it was very few. He didn't get a cheer though. Pretty fickle TBH. The same people will sing his name when he scores but as soon as he hits a dry spell everyone calls him a lazy f*r and decide they hate him again.

footie fans for ya

I remember Danny Murphy being ironically cheered when subsituted in a draw at Anfield, then scoring the winner at Old Trafford the following Wednesday

Then the Kop sang his name at the next home game

qs

Established Member
JGooner said:
Also, as I've said quite often this season, the pro-Wenger chants which used to happen at every game (the main one being "give us a wave", to which Wenger obliged) are rarer and rarer. Not a single one on Sunday, even before Chelsea scored.

I noticed this too. Must have been the first time in ages that no one sang for him. If people had I don't know if I'd have joined in.

Biggus

Established Member
JGooner said:
alonso14 said:
Just curious - Match Go-ers

Watching the game as a neutral and from the outside, there seemed to be an air of quiet resignation in the second half on Sunday

I noticed it most when the subs were made....polite applause, and sit back and watch the defeat gain momentum...

Where are the match going crowd at? Has Wenger lost some / most all of the support?

It reminds me of Houlliers last days.......when people were too fed up to get angry

I always got the feeling that people were trustin of Wenger, but if here is anything to go by that isnt the case

just curious

Well, I definitely heard boos when Adebayor came on, and I sit just above the "hardcore" section which almost never boos, so it must have been pretty loud wherever it was taking place.

Generally, it was a resigned atmosphere. The fans neither believe in the team nor have much affection for them. At least the latter wasn't true during the dog days under Graham. "Too fed up to get angry" is a good summary of the current mood. It would have been worse had the opponents not been arch-rivals, as fans never want to be seen as disloyal in front of visiting fans they despise.

The stadium was literally half-empty after Malouda scored the 4th, and the worst thing is that this was actually a lucky break for Wenger, because the people who left would have booed big-time after the final whistle had they stayed.

Thats the problem with us JG people will boo poor gormless clowns like Eboue who are just players trying to do a job, but they won't have the guts to boo Wenger or chant "you don't know what you're doing" As the old saying goes: She who is silent consents. Match goers- Make a f**kin stink so bad they'll smell it up in the boardroom! :x

asajoseph

Established Member
The atmosphere's been positively nasty quite a few times this season - the Chelsea game wasn't the first. But there definitely was an air of resignation going around. Have to say though, don't think it was as bad as I've seen it as other times this season - at least the fans got behind the team again when there was a glimmer of hope from the Bendtner goal.

However I thought it was better than Wednesday night, where the players just about edged the fans in the 'giving up and thinking about something else' race.

sabret00the

Established Member
van Persie up top creates chances for others and goes for goal fairly regularly.

van Persie in the whole drops into midfield and/or defence and tries to get the ball up top.

van Persie on the left wing is useless.

So in conclusion, deploy van Persie behind the opposition goal and he'll bang in ten goals a game playing on the edge of the six yard box.

kramazov

You guys beat around the bush...what you like. Wenger's downfall is not as much tactical as it is strategical. he planned it wrong in his transfers in and out. our problem is : "We Lack Quality Players In Too Sensetive Positions" this is why he is trying the bizzare formations and lineup trying to spray perfume on ****... guess what it is still ****.

we are suffering 5 or 6 years of failed transfer strategies, and we will not see a change in our fortune until we change our ways.

Top Bottom