“Random Quotes”

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by MK5, Jun 20, 2005.

1. MK5

MK5 New Member

I’m sorry if I post this at the wrong place or something now but I just got a crazy idea I’d like to ask you about.
    I love the “Random Quotes” on the first page, Don’t know where you get them all from, and I think it could be really cool having like 20 of the best ones on some sort of sheet and frame it.
    I aint skilful enough to do something like this but considering the quality of the quotes it’d probably be a hit outside Highbury next season!

2. GoonerDK

GoonerDK New Member

I love the idea...

3. Ally

Ally New Member

As I recall I'm afraid we nicked a lot of them shamlessly from the Little Book Of Arsenal, edited by Nick Callow and Neil Martin. Nice wee book of quotes!

4. HalliGoalie

HalliGoalie New Member

5. Aussie

Aussie New Member Elite

Apparantly there is a Wenger book of quotes around. Anyone seen it?

6. Exiled In Newcastle

Exiled In Newcastle New Member

I have - got the original (only 120). David has done a new one and I'll be doing a review later this week.

7. MK5

MK5 New Member

"Arsène's Little Red Book" or something isn't it? :lol:

8. IBL

IBL New Member Elite

"everone thinks he has the prettiest wife".

Arsène on Ferguson at the end of the 01/02 double winning season when Ferguson claimed that ManUre deserved to win the league that year and played the best football. Has to go down as one of the all time classics! :lol: :lol:

9. velimir85

velimir85 New Member

I must say that I don't understand some of them because there's no context - like the one "What are all these asterisks in the paper?" - when was that said?why?
    But it truly is great thing...

10. seb_afc

seb_afc New Member Trusted

i thought so!! i have the same book and i thought a lot of them were from there.

11. seb_afc

seb_afc New Member Trusted

what i love about wengers quotes was...something along the lines of " we can go unbeaten this season" everybody laughed at him....he apologised for being a year late.

12. Jkreffer

Jkreffer New Member Trusted

The "prettiest wife" one was brilliant. Ferguscum would have been raging at that one.

13. velimir85

velimir85 New Member

Arsène Wenger was asked if he thought Arsenal would have to finish above Manchester United to win the Premiership. "You have to finish above everyone to win the Premiership," he pointed out

Hehehe,legendary! :lol:

14. adampembrey

adampembrey New Member

The asterix one was in reference to Funguscum's rage about Veron "Yoos are F***kin idiots, Verons a great player etc.

15. velimir85

velimir85 New Member

Ok,thanks :wink:

16. MK5

MK5 New Member

Ok, Doesn't seem like anyone is willing to do the framed sheet :cry: . Might have to give it a go myself then. Although I suppose I better not sell it outside Highbury as all the quotes are nicked from an already existing book :lol: .

Let's move the discussion on.
    Which is the best "Random Quote" you've seen so far on the first page?
    I got to say mine is:
    I told my son (daughter?) that Howard Wilkinson wants daddy to play for England and he (she?) started crying and said, Does that mean you not gonna play for Arsenal anymore? :D

17. yoinkster

yoinkster New Member

I always like to read about the Sunderland manager clapping a Dennis effort soon realising that his team had just conceded.
    Was that the goal where he drags it back, spins around and picks out the far top corner from about the edge of the area ?