“We need another player who gets 10 or 15 goals" - Wenger

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by ArsenesNO1Fan, Apr 8, 2015.

1. pikey2000

pikey2000 Well-Known Member

We need to employ Henry and have him work solely with Welbeck to make him more decisive, aggressive and greedy to some extent, definitely has the tools to be a 20+ striker / wide man

celestis likes this.
  2. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

Yes I mean Adebeyor had never been prolific until he was here for a few years but Welbeck is already the age was when he'd had his 30 goal season.

3. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

keeping himself "back to fitness" is his problem

4. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

We have scored 62 PL goals so far this season, only 1 behind Chelsea & City, as far as scoring goes we are doing our best for some time, this time last year we were way down on those teams. Sharing the goals around is always the best solution. A top scorer 20 to 30 per season and several others reaching double figures, thats what we need. This season we only have Giroud and Alexis reaching double figures yet as I said, we are only 1 short of Chelsea & City. We are not doing a lot wrong, just add Reus and get Welbeck, Ramsey, Ox, Özil, Cazorla to up their scoring.

5. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

The problem is we are saying the same thing Man U fans were saying about Welbeck for years now. Lets hope we won't still be saying the same thing about him next year.

6. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

I think it is obvious that Wenger is asking for other players to step up a level and become better goal scorers.

Ramsey definitely has more goals in him. Wilshere needs to be a better goalscorer. Welbeck knows that he has to improve this aspect of his game. Ox needs to improve in this area, too. Cazorla too can improve his scoring.

Özil has definitely become a better scorer in his second season, but I doubt that he will become the next player to score 10-15 goals a season. Yet I would love it if he did.

We have more goals in this team, and Wenger knows it. Despite playing well right now, he knows we can get better.

ArsenesNO1Fan and MutableEarth like this.
  7. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

“We need another player who gets 10 or 15 goals" - Wenger

[​IMG]

End of discussion.

8. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Welsh Dialsquare Trusted

[​IMG]

As the French would say "Un renard dans la surface"

9. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

Ze Germans simply say: "Bringt mir einen Rolls Reus"

DJ_Markstar likes this.
  10. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

And as the Danes would say: "Min pik sidder fast i lokummet"

albakos likes this.
  11. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

[​IMG]

As the Polish would say: "Śruba wszystkim innym podpisania tego faceta"

albakos likes this.
  12. Rex Banner

[​IMG]

But what does the fox say?

13. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

We signed him at 19 and sold him at 21 didn't we? He looks 40

Artisan likes this.
  14. Rex Banner

[​IMG]

This is when he was "26" and signing for the Owls. Makes Diego Costa look like Justin Bieber.

Gooner Zig and albakos like this.
  15. burnsjed

burnsjed Well-Known Member

and he was crap!
    Most under whelming signing I can remember, and trust me, I can remember quite a few!
    Fox in the box?
    More like crap in the bowl!

16. Rain Dance

Rain Dance Well-Known Member Trusted

I always thought Ljungberg hits double digit goals with us almost every season, I guess it was nostalgia talking...

I guess this squad has much even goal threat then

17. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

And as the English would say

'Farrkkinnn 'ell m8, spend da farrkkkinng money Venga'

18. Rain Dance

Rain Dance Well-Known Member Trusted

The more I think about the phrase the more I am convinced Wenger is motivating Ramsey.

What our team lacked for years is someone who can pose danger from outside the box ala Lampard, we all know this is Ramsey's good point, positioning and long range shooting.

19. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

TBH I'd rather see Rambo as DLP & have someone like Kondogbia as B2B. Alternatively sign someone like Aranguiz who can shoot from distance.

20. utkarsh_311

utkarsh_311 New Member

I think we will see a forward if Walcott is sold, he did the same with Podolski trying to get him to work harder if he doesnt buckle up then will become surplus, we were in for Kondogbia before he went to Monaco so i wouldnt be surprised if we get him