• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

05/06 Fixture List

seb_afc

Established Member
thats what im happy about in a way that we should win it... chelsea have a tough game right before the end of the season. but an easy start which will probably keep their confidance up...

MK5

14teranga said:
dsurg said:
Its a very difficult first few games in reality. If we get 8 points from the first four games, that wont be too bad. Cos in reality Newcastle at home isnt going to be a walk in the sun ( knowing the gunners it may just be) Chelski and L'pool away as the two first away games of the season isnt going to be easy...

I cant wait!!!!

We always have a flying start so I woud not worry about the first fixtures. I am expecting a 100% from our first ten games. So 12 points from our first 4games. I can't wait chelsea will cry. Up goes the ARSENAL!

Exactly, We’re always at our best when it’s warm outside, The grass is green and the sun is shining so hopefully we’ll be able to produce some of the pretty stuff anyway -. The Newcastle game will be so important though. Imagine if we’d lose that one and then have to face Chelski and Liverpool away the same month.

Wigan at home the last day of the season could be the best thing we could wish for! Maybe not a glamorous opponent for the last league game at Highbury but let’s face it, If it was ManU or Chelski we might lose the title to them there on the last day of the season, which probably would be the worst thing that’s ever happened in the history of AFC. Now, if we need to win or draw on the last day of the season (and the last game ever at THOF) to win the league there’s no doubt about that we’re gonna do it.

Gurgen

Established Member
Quite a start with Chelsea away the second match, and we don't play Manure until January. The last game at Highbury is vs. Wigan, not quite sure what to think of that :?
At least we'll end it in style :lol:

invisibleman18

Established Member
yeah wigan at home will be an easy game. just like a few of the easy ones this season - southampton, bolton, west brom, crystal palace etc.

famous no 10

Established Member
It actually may end up being Spuds as our last game...we are due to face them on fa cup semi day, so if either of us are still in the cup the game could get switched to later.

Lukazan

Established Member
It's a very tough start tbh..

Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool and Boro..

I know you're all probably thinking "Pfff Newcastle? They are crap" well maybe but I have ALWAYS said that on their day, when the right team shows up they can beat anyone in the Prem. Plus they have gotten rid of a few donkeys and are bringing in some good players, we could drop points here.

Chelsea and Liverpool speak for themselves and Boro are no pushovers of course.

Lukazan

Established Member
It's a very tough start tbh..

Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool and Boro..

I know you're all probably thinking "Pfff Newcastle? They are crap" well maybe but I have ALWAYS said that on their day, when the right team shows up they can beat anyone in the Prem. Plus they have gotten rid of a few donkeys and are bringing in some good players, we could drop points here.

Chelsea and Liverpool speak for themselves and Boro are no pushovers of course.

the dawn raids

Established Member
probably start with the hardest month first, although december doesnt look fun either; chelsea and man u at home in a span of 2 weeks, with 3 other matches in between. :shock:

but its still a good draw. besides old trafford on the 8th, april isnt looking very hard, so we should have a good run-in.

Ridge

we play sunderland wigan and blackburn in november. guess it wont be as bad as our previous novembers. :wink:

Eastrek

famous no 10 said:
It actually may end up being Spuds as our last game...we are due to face them on fa cup semi day, so if either of us are still in the cup the game could get switched to later.

The wigan game is the last day of the season, they wont reschedule another game for after this date. So Wigan will be the last team to play at Highbury in the league.

hesham

Established Member
Think its good we got a tough start were usuallyt flying in the beggining...
also nov time were we normally **** up has got some easy match's (although that didnt really help last season)

kanooo

Barabas said:
August
13 Newcastle (H)
20 Chelsea (A)
23 Fulham (H)
27 Liverpool (A)
August is going to be a tough month thats for sure.

You think? :)

Yup. Newcastle are already strenghthening their squad.

Chelsea are not champions for nothing.

Fulham ... should be ok but still ... a London derby.

Liverpool will be tough if Benitez got the formula right for Premier League games.

deeplennon

kanooo said:
Liverpool will be tough if Benitez got the formula right for Premier League games.

As mentioned a few times, the Liverpool match will be moved because of the European Super Cup... it will be a very boring 2 weeks with World Cup qualifiers the following weekend.

Canuck

Established Member
Be interesting to see how the lads start this season. Many people say we usually start well, and for the most part it's true but we will be tested right off the bat. At least it's NewU at Highbury. Then get the trip to the Bridge out of the way.

Jan. 2 the **** come a knockin'.
Hell of a match to kick off the new year.

kanuuu

Established Member
Rupert said:
Very good run in for us, especially with Chelsea vs Man Utd 2nd from last match. No doubt the FA will move it again though :roll:

Won't that be the third season in a row that they have played each other on the second to last day of the season?

AFCG7

Established Member
NOt really.. having Wigan on the last day gives us a chance to go out with a win.
Maybe the occasion would have been more fitting with a "bigger" game against a top side, but i'd rather we play a team against whom we have a better chance of winning. Wigan though , they have Chelsea for a first game and Arsenal for a last game. I wonder what they think about that.

Top Bottom