• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

08/09 Season Run In - An optimistic approach

el capitan

Well, we have just over 6 hours to wait for us to kick off part two of this defining week which has seen us progress through to the Champions League semi-final and possibly, pending today's result, progression through to the final of the FA Cup.

Seeing as the games are coming thick and fast and that we're in a relatively comfortable place to finish fourth in the league, I think we may see a shift in priorities this season to the cups we are currently in.

Do you think that as a squad we have the ability to compete along all fronts in the League (for 4th place), Champions League and the FA Cup with a makeshift defence?

Double_H

Established Member
the FA cup final is after the CL Final so this match is like a cup final ( im not making any sense :D)

we need 9 points in the PL assuming Villa and Everton win all there games

Lets Hope Villa lose today so we can Rest Players in the League
cause the Semi Final Aginst Man U define our season

COME ON Arsenal

LucasNL

Nine points is very doable with Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Stoke City still left to play. I'm not worried at all about our position in the league, the semi's against Chelsea and Man Utd will be immense.

Anzac

Established Member
well judging by today's line up AW still has the PL higher on the list than the FA Cup - can't say he didn't prioritise the match A v LFC AHEAD of the FA Cup s/f - FFS!

Anzac

Established Member
quincy42 said:
thegame24 said:
and wel lose to pool anyway

piss take

Torres is going to tear us a new one.

Prior to the FA Cup S/F I'd have said that didn't matter - the game means little in regard to our success - now it takes on a whole new meaning.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
CL qualification (4th spot) is nearly sure, so we can focus everything on the CL SF. Think it's great we play away first, assess our chances higher than most overhere.

ibby

Established Member
Like I said in the other thread, I wouldn't be surprised if our team just collapsed like last year and the year before.

Zico

Established Member
ibby said:
Like I said in the other thread, I wouldn't be surprised if our team just collapsed like last year and the year before.

An absolute piss take! If that happens I hope that Gazidis is a man and does the right thing.

Anzac

Established Member
quincy42 said:
ibby said:

An absolute piss take! If that happens I hope that Gazidis is a man and does the right thing.

Time for the BIG broom.............

clockwork orange

Luckily there's more believe within the team itself.

Would be interesting to do a poll of how people overhere assess our chance v the Mancs. Somehow I feel the average would be 5/1 to qualify for the final. Imo it's very close to 50/50.

Lancelot

Established Member
Imo, it should be something like 45/55 with the Mancs being the favourites, clockwork. A lot will depend on the players who will be available for both ties and team selection rather than the quality of our team in general.

Edit:

@Quincy42: Feel free to check your PM, mate. ;D

TomasCR

Established Member
Pretty hot, isn´t she? How the hell can I concentrate on posting when I see girls like that!

clockwork orange

Lancelot said:
Imo, it should be something like 45/55 with the Mancs being the favourites, clockwork. A lot will depend on the players who will be available for both ties and team selection rather than the quality of our team in general.
We have a decent chance. And who knows maybe it's our lucky night at OT. Tiny things decide these Cup ties.

270 minutes away from CL glory...

Rome is our City!

Rocafella

Established Member
There is definately that worry now. Will this team crumble just like it seems to do on a yearly basis. We're still in a Champions League semi-final for goodness sake! We still have something huge to play for. Let's hope we pull something out of our ass against United. It would be unbelievably disappointing to go out at two semi-finals.

Anzac

Established Member
Rocafella said:
There is definately that worry now. Will this team crumble just like it seems to do on a yearly basis. We're still in a Champions League semi-final for goodness sake! We still have something huge to play for. Let's hope we pull something out of our ass against United. It would be unbelievably disappointing to go out at two semi-finals.

Time for AW to REALLY step up.........

Latest posts

Top Bottom