• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

1.st time in Arsenal history without British-born player

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethie

Cole and sol the obvious.
Have you watched more than 5 minutes of hoyte? NO so shut up
have you watched any minutes of smith? NO so shut up
do you not remember taylor - twice the goalkeeper of almunia and lemon put together!!!
no talent MY ARSE wenger just doesnt want to use it. IM PRAYING that uefa bring in that rule it will make english football in general alot stronger.
Arsenal are a laughin stock at the moment, ive received non stop abuse from mates since the palace game, and im sure alot of you - here in england - have suffered the same.
First ever team not to play a player from that nation :eek:ops:

bro who you? you register a new nick so just to post about this issue? or are you another forummer who didn't want to post in his 'original' nick because

ahem
well

those aren't really the most lucid of arguments. a lot of people have rebutted your points, way before you even post yours, ahem again, but hey, you are entitled to your opinions.

just remember, at the end of the day, arsenal is in it for arsenal, not for england or its U-21 team. breaking the bank so we can field a 'respectable' english side is all good and well for the future of the country's football but try asking the FA for money when we are seriously in debt due to overpaid mediocre players. try the argument we are promoting local talents. try that.

oh yeah, if you can't take this kind of illogical teasing from your mates, maybe you should really consider if you wanna be a gooner, cos honestly, the way the team is progressing under wenger, you are going get more teasings and headaches. heh.

A

Anonymous

not sure how many have you seen this or if has been posted before on the forum but very interesting. Not saying I'm with or against either, just interesting to look at the difference about a decade ago.

0,,179388,00.jpg

MAK

The great thing about Arsenal Football Club (we one of the many great things) is that it has always welcomed all and sundry regardless of race, colour or creed on and off the pitch.

This has always been the case. Players from all corners of the British Isles and from every continent on earth have seemingly always been a part of this great club. Two out of three of our greatest managers were/are Scootish & French.

Highbury has always been a safe place to watch football. Doesn't mater if you are white, black, brown, yellow or indigo as long as you bleed red & white. Which other ground in country or the world has such cross section of fans watching?

Some of you 'English' fans out there seem obsessed in protecting your corner of little England. Well Highbury isn't the place to practise your xenophobia. Never has been, never will be. A club named after no place in particular that has always looked beyond its own backyard. Just look at the history books. For every great English player we can boast another of a different nationality.

What amazes me is that is suddenly an issue.

MAK

coolcool2 said:
not sure how many have you seen this or if has been posted before on the forum but very interesting. Not saying I'm with or against either, just interesting to look at the difference about a decade ago.

0,,179388,00.jpg

Interesting point. Ask yourself this...what did the 95 team win?

Aussie

Established Member
If an outsider who didnt know anything about Arsenal or football took a look at those teams it saddens me to say that they would probably say the team on the right plays in the French league. Our identity is English and its who we are. Sadly looking at the team that beat Palace you wouldnt know it.

Some will have no idea what im talking about here. Port Adelaide in the Australian Football League has 12 local lads. Not just people from South Australia but lads who came from through the Port Adelaide system. We know who we are and always will while we have local lads playing for us. The most important thing a club has is its history and its identity and i feel we are losing a little bit of that if we have no English lads at all in the squad. I know Palace was probably a one off but i can see it happening more and more often as time goes by here.

MAK

englishgooner said:
First ever team not to play a player from that nation :eek:ops:

Actually you will find that Chelsea beat us to that 5 years ago. Bolton also did it at least once this season and I'm sure that it isn't the first time that we have fielded a totally non English XI.

I still don't care mind you.

Those of you that are really bothered that one England's leading clubs doesn't have enough English players should just go and support some other team (or join the BNP).

I find quite amusing that Mourinho claims to have an English core to his side when he only fields 2 English players with any regularity and everyone falls for it.

karan kansal

Englishgooner definitely got sand in his vagina right there. So you think paying more money or having the privilege to watch arsenal just because you happened to be born in london make you any more of a fan?
Your keep posting more and more * posts. Anyways, wenger doens't go out of his way to ruin english players. Pennant and upson both had very bad attitude (upson kept criticisizing keown and all when he was not in the first team).
WAtching hoyte for 100 minutes won't make me change my opinion that he's not ready for the first team yet. I do not know the situation of Stuart taylor and no one else on these forums knows either. And ryan smith has just come back from a long term injury. For the crystal palace match there was no englishman fit enough to take a place in the team. It doesn't mean Wenger will forever play foreign players or throw english players out. I don't think he hates english players or has a vendetta against them (why the f*** is he managing an english team?)
If wenger were to listen to your griping, arsenal probably won't be getting anywhere. It just happened this once, it was purely circumstances, and grow up and read what experts have to say. I quote Chris coleman : "if i won 5-1, i won't care if i had bloody aliens on the pitch". You see it is all about winning and this season it is important becasue we are chasing man united for the automatic CL spot.
And as for foreigners not being big enough fans or not having arsenal in their blood or not understanding its english roots, you are sadly effed in the head.
But to please you, i will say. ENGLISHGOONER is the biggest arsenal fan ever.
Because for all my hopes for arsenal, all my prayers for arsenal and waking up at 4 in the morning to watch my arsenal, i will never be a big enough fan because i didn't spend enough money on them. And my parents didn't make me grow up supporting arsenal. It is also my fault i was born outside england. I also can only watch them on TV and i only started supporting them when i saw them first in 1997. So YEAH i guess that makes you a bigger fan right there.
I will try and head to the blood transfusion centre and get some of that arsenal blood in me.

karan kansal

Aussie said:
If an outsider who didnt know anything about Arsenal or football took a look at those teams it saddens me to say that they would probably say the team on the right plays in the French league. Our identity is English and its who we are. Sadly looking at the team that beat Palace you wouldnt know it.

Some will have no idea what im talking about here. Port Adelaide in the Australian Football League has 12 local lads. Not just people from South Australia but lads who came from through the Port Adelaide system. We know who we are and always will while we have local lads playing for us. The most important thing a club has is its history and its identity and i feel we are losing a little bit of that if we have no English lads at all in the squad. I know Palace was probably a one off but i can see it happening more and more often as time goes by here.

Aussie, do realize here that this was purely due to cirumstances. Can you imagine an arsenal team without Campbell and Cole? We would be a mediocre team in mid table if it weren't for them in defense. But they got just got injured. WOuld you seriously play Hoyte in front of Lauren? It just happened man, right now none of our youngsters are ready to take the big step. It is pretty obvious though that Hoyte, bentley and Ryan smith represent the future of Arsenal FC and i don't think wenger can possibly throw them out as in their positions, they are already knocking on the first team doors.

A

Anonymous

Your joking arnt you, its not just circumstances, its going to happen more and more. We have already lost our one position that has always been filled by an englishman = goalkeeper. Right back we had hoyte but now he has been replaced i bet he leaves, even though he rightfully was good enough to replace lauren when hes finished.
Cole will leave eventually, maybe this year to chelsea, he will be replaced by a foreigner. Sol is getting old, he will be a keown eventually and will once again be replaced by a foreigner. The young lads who should of been coming through - pennant,taylor,hoyte,bentley will all leave i garuntee it, smith, well, he is a class act but i bet wenger ignores it as he has done to others.
Upson replaced by cygan
taylor by almunia!!
its a joke. Soon, we wont have a single englishman in our 22 man squad, GARUNTEED.

IndoGunnerz

coolcool2 said:

0,,179388,00.jpg

so.. an almost all english squad can only draw with boro eh ... :D

Biggus

Established Member
A few points must be made in the english/foreign media driven frenzy.

1. Any criticism of Arsenals policy is by.... implication criticism of Arsène Wengers scouting, training and selection policy, You know the one that has brought us more success in the last 9 years than the previous 110, supporters of the "more brittish players lobby" should remember that.

2.Arsène prefers intelligent players who can think for themselves and will dedicate themselves to the job as opposed to the Sir Fungus the Drill sergeant "you must control your players". Anybody ,not just footballers, who migrate to another country are by definition more driven indivduals-otherwise they would stay in their comfort zone, and whilst it is stupid to say ....english players are crap...we have to look at the off-field antics on Pennant, Bentley, and Stack, their skill is not questioned....just their attitude.

3.Thank God Palace were put to the sword......If we had stuttered, you could imagine all the Alf Garnetts jumping for their Keyboards.....

Oh and Aussie..... Arsenal have to compete on a continental stage in the world game, not in some crappy little local code, There is no comparisson :wink:

A

Anonymous

he great thing about Arsenal Football Club (we one of the many great things) is that it has always welcomed all and sundry regardless of race, colour or creed on and off the pitch.

This has always been the case. Players from all corners of the British Isles and from every continent on earth have seemingly always been a part of this great club. Two out of three of our greatest managers were/are Scootish & French.

Highbury has always been a safe place to watch football. Doesn't mater if you are white, black, brown, yellow or indigo as long as you bleed red & white. Which other ground in country or the world has such cross section of fans watching?

Some of you 'English' fans out there seem obsessed in protecting your corner of little England. Well Highbury isn't the place to practise your xenophobia. Never has been, never will be. A club named after no place in particular that has always looked beyond its own backyard. Just look at the history books. For every great English player we can boast another of a different nationality.

What amazes me is that is suddenly an issue.
It becomes an issue when we dont just have 3-4 foreigners on the pitch but instead dont have one single englishman!! Im not saying dont have any foreigners,what i am saying if you actually listen is that a club of a country should have players from that country, its a disgrace to football, the club and its homebase fans. Majority of you foreigners (excluding AUSSIE who i read actaully understands the situation) would never understand what we mean. For us this is our local club, you will never understand what that is like. I would never support a foreign club, my local side only, so im sorry i cannot accept that you have such a dieing love for a team you have never been to say and dont understand the whole background and history of the arsenal football club. Yes arsenal is a multicultural club, but its seems it has the culture of everyone else accept the country of origin.
I dont want all the foreign players to leave, i would just like to see more local lads and english lads come through. You can all believe your own bullshit about english players being overpaid and overpriced, well, what about edu? wiltord? robinson - now one of the best keepers in the league, cost Sp**s 2 million, we bought almunia, the worst keeper ive ever seen, for the same price. So you all keep kidding yourselves that english players are all out of reach. Because the fact is wenger just doesnt want to buy them. He could of had the local lad carrick, but bought flamini. He could of had taylor and robinson instead got lemon and almunia. Upson instead of cygan, bentley instead of persie or lupoli.
Apparently everyone has 'rebutted' my arguments, well you little no it all ******, rebutt those facts, explain to me why buying those foreigners was more worth while than buying british?!!?! you cant, because facts is facts and there were plenty of english options we could of had but wenger chose foreign.
Im not talking the big names like gerrard and lampard, even though you even say they are overpriced, except they are clearly as good as ballack or alonso and would be no more expensive. I am merely talking about squad players and young future prospects, wenger goes abroad when we have plenty good talent here, as ive proven by stating the players.
Argue with those statements you knob.

A

Anonymous

so.. an almost all english squad can only draw with boro eh ...
And who has this foreign squad drawn to this year? havent beaten any of the top teams and drawn to alot of the **** teams. So dont take the piss eh.

. Any criticism of Arsenals policy is by.... implication criticism of Arsène Wengers scouting, training and selection policy, You know the one that has brought us more success in the last 9 years than the previous 110, supporters of the "more brittish players lobby" should remember that.
You forget that the backbone of wengers most successful teams = 98,02 were seaman,adams,keown,dixon,winterburn,parlour. So dont give it large about english players being crap and having foreigners made us better. Because its actually since the english left we have struggled - no parlour and keown this year, we have lacked fight and determination. A common debate among gooners is we need some british fight in there, like a lampard, keane and what romford ray used to do.

karan kansal

OK lets start at the basic problem then. lets throw that bloody frenchman out and get an english manager first. Sick of having no home grown managers. The top 4 clubs in premiership are all coached by bloody foreigners. Wenger, Mourinho, Fungusson and Benitez.
OUT with them and bring back graham Taylor.
And englishgooner in your lame attempt to stir up passions, you have now moved on from english players to BRITISH players. You are now talking about roy keane. He is an irsihman so stop talking about Britain, it does not exist.

A

Anonymous

bro who you? you register a new nick so just to post about this issue? or are you another forummer who didn't want to post in his 'original' nick because

ahem
well
I been browsing this rather interesting debate, one in which im not going to get mixed up in, as i know, all will be blamed on me as usual. But i did have to reply to this one. Do you really believe i would stoop low enough into changing to a totally different name just to post under the radar, dont think so darling. When i create a new name after my one before is unfairly blocked i will make no disguises with who i am. I am who i am, im not ashamed of it, im not ashamed of the way i conducted myself on this forum and i know for a fact more of you than not actually didnt want me gone. As i read today on a new forum i post on someone mentioned 'explosive posters', people who liven things up, who get close to the mark but are worth reading and cause good threads.Well my friends i would class myself as one of those, and i must say, on revisiting this site for the first time in a few days its got rather dull around here.
Still, no doubt this username will be banned, although by rights a new username means a new user which means that new user should be given a clean slate, but head authorities have taken a distaste to me, much apity. I may keep dropping in, probably when ive got the day off work after arriving back from munich i will post a view from the stands as i know very very very few others here travel abroad with the arsenal. Anyway, im off, just thought id clear your paranoid heads that im not going to post under a new username, and that lad who came on claiming to be my nephew was actually legit, if you dont believe me or he i will quite willingly show you all a picture of him to show we are shock and horror actually different peaople.

Oh, and seing that im in this thread, just a quickie....having no brits in the squad of 16 is an absolute disgrace, i left after our 5th goal as i couldnt get to terms with the embaressment. I dont expect many of you to feel the same, but then again, do i give a ****???

regards

Biggus

Established Member
Guv! Welcome back son, It wasn't right what was done to you.....I swear that I and my fellow left-wing- PC- England haters had nothing to do with it :lol:

voomboom

Arsenal is an english football club and needs english players.

It's as simple as that.

wenger knows it and has said so on numerous occasions, mourinhio has said the same about chelsea, infact there is no-one that I know in football (except chairmen and directors) who thinks that the majority nationality of a side is unimportant. So all of you who vainly attempt to argue otherwise are wasteing your keystrokes.

Wenger has said that the only reason that he won't buy english, (EVEN THOUGH HE WANTS TO) is because of price. Not because it doesn't matter where players come from, because it blatantly does. Not because english players are rubbish, or have bad attitudes, but because in his opinion, paying £625k for a foriegn squad player is better for arsenal than paying £6m for an english one.

In MY opinion, and the opinion of the vast majority of english fans, sometimes it's worth paying that little bit extra just to keep that englishness, that everybody recognises as being important, in the team.

What was wrong with buying robinson? why is taylor out on loan all season? If arsenal are gonna have two dodgy keepers, why not have at least one of them english? Why the need for a foriegn dodgy keeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom