• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

1.st time in Arsenal history without British-born player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangent

ASHBURNN

Your last post was a strawman.

I think Rocastle's post sums up this thread:

Look - all you foreign fans need to realise that most of us English fans are going to want to see English players in our team (and Aussie, who im sure lived a previous life in Archway). Just try and understand that.

Im not going to get into all this better fan debate cause even I am bored of that now. The whole thing can be summed up as foreign fans and match going fans are just very different.

I am not happy that there were no English players in our team - but I understand the reasons why there were not and I am in full support of Wenger. This issue if not one to fall out with each other over.

You all just need to understand the different perspectives people view this issue with. Long term Arsenal fans are going to want to see English players, foreign fans wont care, because as I said they are different."

Tangent

englishgooner said:
Well heres a point for you, you live in london yeh, yet you seem to have a real hate towards the english (just like 40% of the rest of the foreign **** who come here), so why dont you go to the travel agents, buy a ticket AND GET THE f**k OUT OF ENGLAND YOU c**t!!!
its foreign ****s like yourself who have nothing but hatred towards the english dat corse this country 2 b how f*d up it is now!!

What's ironic about this is that if you replace "England" with "America" in the above post , this is the exact type of attitude that all the Brits I've ever met in California and New York used to make fun of Americans for having.

hujja

Established Member
I don't give a **** if the team doesn't have any Englishmen. I don't give a **** if the whole of Arsenal Football Club has foreign employees. I'm here to back up my team - not the countries they're from.

Biggus

Established Member
What's an English team without English players?

What people don't understand is that the world has changed immensly over the last 10 years, Communication-transport-interlinking of economies, Its called- globalism, A lot of people are frightened by this rapid change, we all know the type.....nationists, traditionalists,fundamentalists,reactionaries. Well it does'nt matter... Because as A. C. Clarke said: "you can either prepare for the future or get clobbered by it"....Its going to happen and theres not a dam thing anyone can do about it, ......Either we get the best players available for the price or we go the way of the dinosaurs and Accerington stanley...simple

seb_afc

Established Member
hujja said:
I don't give a s**t if the team doesn't have any Englishmen. I don't give a s**t if the whole of Arsenal Football Club has foreign employees. I'm here to back up my team - not the countries they're from.

thats because your not english (i think) if you are english you would feel differently. Imagine your local team full of foreigners, it wouldnt make it your local team. We need an english backbone.

hujja

Established Member
seb_afc said:
hujja said:
I don't give a s**t if the team doesn't have any Englishmen. I don't give a s**t if the whole of Arsenal Football Club has foreign employees. I'm here to back up my team - not the countries they're from.

thats because your not english (i think) if you are english you would feel differently. Imagine your local team full of foreigners, it wouldnt make it your local team. We need an english backbone.

Naaah man........I just recently turned Canadian.

Anyways, I'm not dissing anybody here but I just think that people are getting flustered a bit too easily over this situation. It was just one match. Just leave it be. We won't go without an English player forever.
Heck, we could have 6 Englishmen on the pitch in two seasons time. I think that right now we should focus on the much more important problems that face us. The Palace match just revealed an insignificant little temporary characteristic about our whole team on that particular day that has now been so blatantly over-inflated by the media.

afrodizzy

http://norwegiangooner.blogspot.com/200 ... Sp**s.html

Nowergian Gooner's offers another very sensible look to an non-issue made an issue by skysports commentators, with gutter press jumpin on the bandwagon (sun, mirror, .... add here your daily comic masquarading as a newspaper here), PR opportunists like Gordon Taylor, misguided waffle from Paul Merson and Gary Neville's two cents

Soler

Established Member
seb_afc said:
hujja said:

I'm English and I couldn't careless where they come from. If it's what wins a game then so be it :wink:

Spike

Established Member
Football has evolved now, you rarely see top quality sides fielding an entire squad with their own players. It's because teams start to look Worldwide for quality players, not only Domestically.

And the new rules UEFA are putting out are limiting the quality sides' ability to purchase a quality player disregarding what nationality they are and are forced to buy young's for the future.

I believe Managers have the freedom to buy whoever they like aslong as they feel that player has the quality, and I back Wenger for what he has done.

Soler

Established Member
The moderating team have all come to an agreement that everything that could possibly be said has been said and it's time for this thread to die.

Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom