• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

15 Arsenal Players called for World Cup duty

qs

Established Member
Azabaxe said:
This is all nice and dandy, but it means that many core Arsenal players will be playing through July and then start CL qualifiers in August. This after a really long and hard 05-06 Premiership and European season. We're going to have one tired side by September.

So will all the other big teams

Parkour

eddie_wills said:
Tbh I'd rather our players had a rest for the summer, but good luck to them all.

Means I can watch games involving Togo I wouldn't otherwise have watched to view Ade in action.

I think it is a great opportunity for our young players to gain extra experience. I mean look at how Eboue came back a different player after the ACN. Experience at this level is invaluable.

Ricky_AFC said:
When are the final squads of 23 confirmed? Monday isn't it?

Can't they replace anyone from the 23 man squad with one of the 5standby players upto 24 hours before they play their first game of the WC?

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Parkour said:
eddie_wills said:
Tbh I'd rather our players had a rest for the summer, but good luck to them all.

Means I can watch games involving Togo I wouldn't otherwise have watched to view Ade in action.

I think it is a great opportunity for our young players to gain extra experience. I mean look at how Eboue came back a different player after the ACN. Experience at this level is invaluable.

Ricky_AFC said:
When are the final squads of 23 confirmed? Monday isn't it?

Can't they replace anyone from the 23 man squad with one of the 5standby players upto 24 hours before they play their first game of the WC?
Only if you can prove (by medical reports which will be verified by independent FIFA doctors) that the player, who you want to replace, has medical problems.

adjie

qs said:
Azabaxe said:
This is all nice and dandy, but it means that many core Arsenal players will be playing through July and then start CL qualifiers in August. This after a really long and hard 05-06 Premiership and European season. We're going to have one tired side by September.

So will all the other big teams

And don't forget about World Club Championship before X'mass ?

Again, seems AW has to provide extra cover. If we run through injury-hell season like this year.
Perhaps, another Cygan, maybe Spanish version ? :D

BreakAway

bluenaz said:
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=381683&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Senderos+and+Djourou+named+in+Swiss+squad

Djourou is in the world cup squad for the Swiss NT. As well as Senderos. Congrats for both.
Djourou????????unbelievable..Congrats

dronan

I remember reading elsewhere that Djourou is considered to have better potential than Senderos. Not sure if that is entirely accurate since I haven't seen him play in the first team on too many occasions. But he must be good to have been picked for his national team with just a handfull of games under his belt.

Meatwad

dronan said:
I remember reading elsewhere that Djourou is considered to have better potential than Senderos. Not sure if that is entirely accurate since I haven't seen him play in the first team on too many occasions. But he must be good to have been picked for his national team with just a handfull of games under his belt.
Johan certainly has great potential. Great size (taller than Phil). He has great speed. A Kolo/Johan pairing in the future wouldn't have any speed issues. Most of the crticism he got came when he played right back and look at it this way, there is no way Arsène would ever play Phil at right back.

f4evo

Walcott most likely will go to Germany, I mean we only have 4 strikers in the provisional squad anyway with one most likely crocked so most probably Walcott will be going to Germany

cc

finally, it's 15 with gilberto in brazil squad. maybe one of the clubs with most WC players, alongside chelski (15 with newly move in Ballack)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
1 Philippe Senderos
2 Johan Djourou
3 Thierry Henry
4 Kolo Toure
5 Emmanuel Eboue
6 Cesc Fabregas
7 Jose Antonio Reyes
8 Sol Campbell
9 Ashley Cole
10 Theo Walcott