• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

150 corners.....

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 1,895
A

Anonymous

thats how many we have taken in all competitions, do you know how many weve scord from, a big fat zilch, add to that attacking set peices and that number increases to near enough five hundrend oppotunites to get the ball in the box with not one goal scored, how pathetic is that.

I am sure that some know it all will ofcourse bring an example that prehaps has slipped my mind and say we have scored a set peice goal and by doing that completely missies the point.

How this long in to the season has Wenger has failed to make a change to our defence smackes of a stubborness thats trascends comprehension, we are fighting for our footballing lives to stay in this race and safe to say after nearly 25 games we are sinking deeper and deeper because of Wengers stubborness, this defence has conceeded more set peice goals then any other team in the premiership, and still Wenger refuses to do anything.

You would think its not too late for him to buy some defensive cover and maybe maybe salvage something of our season and who knows maybe even catch Chelsea but Wenger is just not interested, he just buries his in the sand and dosent even beleive there is a problem because if he does why the hell is he not doing anything about it.

Every man and his dog knows we have major defensive problems so what does he do, he brings in hoyte for Lauren who is way too short to be the answer in the ait, what did Wenger say recently " we are a short team" so bring in our Senderos who is our best header of a ball with Sol, no he wont he would prefer to blow it all, how sad.

Gilberto is injured Edu is not playing and basicly hasnt all season, he may not have known about gilberto before the season thus maybe thats the reason for not strengthing but what the hell is his excuse now, wake up Weger before its too late!!!!

Mod Edit: No text language please.

_scorpion_

Established Member
skiracer said:
thats how many we have taken in all competitions, do you know how many weve scord from, a big fat zilch, add to that attacking set peices and that number increases to near enough five hundrend oppotunites to get the ball in the box with not one goal scored, how pathetic is that.

I am sure that some know it all will ofcourse bring an example that prehaps has slipped my mind and say we have scored a set peice goal and by doing that completely missies the point.

How this long in to the season has Wenger has failed to make a change to our defence smackes of a stubborness thats trascends comprehension, we are fighting for our footballing lives to stay in this race and safe to say after nearly 25 games we are sinking deeper and deeper because of Wengers stubborness, this defence has conceeded more set peice goals then any other team in the premiership, and still Wenger refuses to do anything.

You would think its not too late for him to buy some defensive cover and maybe maybe salvage something of our season and who knows maybe even catch Chelsea but Wenger is just not interested, he just buries his in the sand and dosent even beleive there is a problem because if he does why the hell is he not doing anything about it.

Every man and his dog knows we have major defensive problems so what does he do, he brings in hoyte for Lauren who is way too short to be the answer in the ait, what did Wenger say recently " we are a short team" so bring in our Senderos who is our best header of a ball with Sol, no he wont he would prefer to blow it all, how sad.

Gilberto is injured Edu is not playing and basicly hasnt all season, he may not have known about gilberto before the season thus maybe thats the reason for not strengthing but what the hell is his excuse now, wake up Weger before its too late!!!!

Mod Edit: No text language please.

Indeed....well said.

A

Anonymous

400 words or so in my post and you pull me up on, one mingy word, cheers, it wouldnt be so bad if you could have responded at all to the other 399 words.

JazzG

Established Member
RvP seems to take quite good corners but Henry/Pires/Reyes are just poor, so poor. He gets it curl in and dip at the right moment.

Last corner I remember us scoring from was funnily enough against Chelsea at Stamford bridge.

A

Anonymous

surely then we are all in agreement its not anacceptable statistic, a few defeats are acceptable because i suppose anyone can have a bad run however this corner/setpeice thing is a continuous thing and thats what makes it unacceptable.

If there would be improvenment thats one thing but its as bad as ever, in fact setp peices and corners are more dangerous to us then then the opposition because we are surely not going to score but our defence is out of position, maybe we should decline corners and set peices (tounge in cheek).

Chicago

I think our free kick taking looks okay if it's close enough to have a go at goal. RVP and Henry both seem to have good skill with those, the ones that are awkwardly angled or too far away end up looking just like corners, ball lofted into the penalty area, our guys are too short to do much.

GlasgowGooner

Fabregas scored froma corner earlier in the season agaisnt Blackburn but he didn't really know anything about it, it was Gilberto who headed it against him.

I would say we have become slightly more of a threat from them since Van Persie started taking them - he's by far the best at taking them at our club.

A

Anonymous

GlasgowGooner said:
Fabregas scored froma corner earlier in the season agaisnt Blackburn but he didn't really know anything about it, it was Gilberto who headed it against him.

I would say we have become slightly more of a threat from them since Van Persie started taking them - he's by far the best at taking them at our club.

Gilberto, now he is the man that we miss defending corners i think he is the best defensive header of a ball and we miss him terribly defending set pecies and he is pretty decent when we have a set peice or corner he scored 2 against Newcastle from crosses last year

informed1

you know what I've taked about those bloody corners so much (both online and off) that I am sick to death of them. When we get a corner I just think, hurry the hell up and get it out of the way or better yet just tell ref to forget about it.

BUT when the opposition get a corner, I feel like I'm about to collapse because I know it is likely to result in a goal. Its so damn fustrating its almost like we dont try and I know that they must have worked on them.

They are getting better at defending them now though, but I would like them to try and score from them. Imagine how much we would have scored if only they would use their damn heads.

oh and one more thing, Henry should work on taking those corner kicks if he is going to be taking them because damn it they need to be a little higher and reach an arsenal player.

Aussie

Established Member
To have 150 Corners and not score a single goal is just ****house. You dont even get that same feeling of anticipation anymore when we have a corner.

guoxian

Aussie said:
You dont even get that same feeling of anticipation anymore when we have a corner.

Darn right Aussie. There were more threat in the days of Adams, Bould and Keown causing me to sit up with anticipation.... Sadly, for nowadays, what's the use of winning corners when it can't be delivered past the 1st man defending. It's unbelieveable at the standards we set for poor corner taking. Probably textbook case of what not to do.

Having said that, I still hope they can perform better on set pieces. Sometimes when opposition shut down our fluid passing (lacking these days), these set pieces are almost the only avenues to score. Hence if we started the first 10 min of the match couldn't string our passes together, usually I'd sigh and think "This is a bad day"....

Chicago

Aussie said:
To have 150 Corners and not score a single goal is just ****house. You dont even get that same feeling of anticipation anymore when we have a corner.

I get the anticipation of not scoring

Taozhe

I have the same feeling as well. Corners are our weak spot and it's usually what our opponents wait for to counter attack. Perhaps we should take more short corners instead or practice more. It's all up to wenger, it has worked for the past couple of seasons contributing to our success. As they all say - you cannot be perfect, when you train more in one area, you train less in other areas. Priorities. And if you train too much, you get injured easily and tired out.

Those who actually play manager games will notice these things. Imagine how it affects the players in REAL life. Sad to say, if we concentrate on set pieces, we might have to lose the fluency of our open attack.

This season, most of our losses are down to lack of confidence, injuries, bad luck and lacking the desire to win it. Tactics are just ONE part of it.

Canuck

Established Member
we are fighting for our footballing lives to stay in this race and safe to say after nearly 25 games we are sinking deeper and deeper because of Wengers stubborness
That's a little melodramatic I think. But hey good point about the corners. It's absolute bunk that we throw away so many chances to score. More alarming though is the number of goals we were conceding from set pieces.

Top Bottom