• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

17 players released

A

Anonymous

A bit surprised about Bradley.

Big things were expected from him, the mancs were interested in him aswell.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I remember a contributor to the Gooner commenting on his apparent attitude problems some time last season, don't know if that had anything to do with it though.

MightyArsenal

Im thinking this is the most players we have ever released in a season...Maybe the board wanna get the wage bill down and quick. Although im not really surprised by any of the releases except maybe micheal papadopolous who was usually on the scoresheet of the reserve team...I guess the likes anthony stokes is gonna get promoted.

singooner

I am going to miss Kanu and Wiltord, they played well for us in 02/03 even though they didn't contribute much this past season.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
They non senior players were released because they weren't good enough, not because of wage drain. The wages they'd be on were tiny.

A

Anonymous

not surprised but where is Jeffers I hope he join the 17( With some money of course)

DOls

This list has surprised me some.
I really hate to see Kanu go.
And what was wrong with Shaaban and Holloway?

Well, good luck to all of them.
Sad to see them go though.

MightyArsenal

Its true that the wages were not that high, but add 17 players wages combined and youre looking at about 100k+ been taken off the wage bill.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Shabaan was never gonna be Arsenal's #1.

Jeffers apparently still has two years left on his contract, I wonder if he realises (or cares) how many Arsenal fans consider him a waste of space. Not to mention eight million quid!

A

Anonymous

Why isn't Jeffers mentioned in there? I think we're just on the verge of trying to sell him and are unable to release him, otherwise he would be up there too.

I feel this is a clear indication we are on the verge of a spending spree now.

A

Anonymous

SEVENTEEN??

At an average wage of 3k a week, multiplied by 17, multiplied by 52 EQUALS =

2.5 million off the wage bill!!

dafish

how much was kanu earning? some 50k a week? which was about what he was earning at inter.

henry atleast according to cm4 was only earning 60k a week. we could be paying for another henry had it not been for kanu. he has his moments, but those moments aren't worth the 50k.

wiltord just doesn't perform consistantly enough to earn his superstar wage either. brought in for 13 million, u'd expect him to be scoring on par with henry who costs less.

and the biggest problem with these 2 are are their attitudes. if they're trying hard on the pitch it's not showing. even if they are rusty and flouder around for being on the bench too long, they should atleast show their effort. but nope just lazy ass players. kanu is a little better in that he actually creates some problems without trying. but he just can't find the same killer pass like bergie.

the one i'm surprised at is papalu-thing-a-ma-jig whatever his name is. haven't even seen him play and he's gone. atleast we now know AW is serious in developing bentley and co

Top Bottom