18/19 Premier League Fixtures

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by American_Gooner, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

Doesn’t seem usual for Utd getting easy draws, think you’re reaching there mate.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

I think it's safe to say it certainly won't be played at 3pm on the Saturday - it's going to be the premier opening fixture, and sure to be televised, but could be same day but earlier or later, or on the Sunday - Friday unlikely I would have thought

3. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

Wow,City at the start and than Chelsea.Can't be much worse lmao.

carlito'sway likes this.
  4. vandeley

vandeley New Member

So its safe to say it wont move to a Tuesday or Wednesday, correct?

5. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

That start is about as hard as it gets. Don't think we will see many kids in pre season. It should be geared towards adopting the first team to the new manager and tactics.

6. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

7. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

A good time to be playing City in the first game as they won't have settled into any kind of rhythm. After that every game is winnable up until December :drool:

8. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

Yes, probably the only time it’s an advantage to have a lot of your team not good enough to go to the World Cup.

Artisan likes this.
  9. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Pah who cares, bring them on.
    Anyone.

Beksl likes this.
  10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

If you count Lichsteiner and Torreira, there's more Arsenal players at this WC than there were in 1998.

11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Hope Uruguay get eliminated at the group stages tbh.

Jeez, City and Chelsea back to back. It could either be something that can boost us or rely derail our season right from the off. The only positive is that there are 8 winnable fixtures after that.

Also notice that Sp**s/United are back to back TWICE in the space of a few months. I swear this kind of stuff always seems to be happen to us. But ah well, who knows what'll happen. It's a new chapter and a new era so it's hard to say how we'll fair for once.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  12. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NeverArteta

Baptism of fire for Emery. Nevertheless, we can only put in a shift & hope we deliver. If we actually manage 5 points from August' fixtures it'll be a phenomenal start.

The home crowd had better give the boss & the team enthusiastic support.

American_Gooner likes this.
  13. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

It's not a bad start I think. We'll have nearly the entire first team raring to go and with a full pre-season under their belt, while City only have a handful of players not at the WC. A lot of their players also rarely missed a beat all season, like KdB and Fernandinho. Would be surprised if they are 100% ready for the first game.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  14. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

1998 was a great year. No-one dying in my life, no cocaine. And best of it you could tackle the GK in FIFA.

American_Gooner likes this.
  15. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

No Arsenal Mania though.

Artisan and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  16. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

If we win City and Chelsea we will have plenty of games to **** the season up later!

17. ggunner12345

ggunner12345 Active Member

If we can get 4 points from the opening 2 games that would great.Even 2 draws would be good I think they both will be televised and we play Chelsea a couple of weeks after we play them in pre season.

18. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

I reckon it’ll be Sunday, they had the Champions this year in a big match and chose to put it on the Sunday.

I’d like to see it on a Friday evening though. Glamorous curtain raiser.

Mo Britain likes this.
  19. dbig

dbig Active Member

Win the first two and we could be on our way to the title. Confidence would be sky high, and it's something that we've lacked for a very long time now.

Mo Britain likes this.
  20. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Ex-Troll

:rolleyes:

Artisan likes this.