1st pictures of new kit (from arsenal.com)

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Artillero, Jun 19, 2006.

1. jester

jester New Member Trusted

from arsenal.com
    This will be used during seasons 2006/2007 and 2007/2008. As a direct result of the commemorative strip only being used for one full season, the Club will be reversing the trend for the existing yellow away strip so it will be the first choice away strip for two full seasons (2005/2006 and 2006/2007). The sponsor will change on this during 2006/2007. The same applies to the second choice change blue kit, which will remain as the second choice change kit throughout season 2006/2007, albeit with a different sponsor.
    ok?

i dont like the bit it says 'reversing the trend so the away kit will be used for two seasons' i think the away kit should always be used for two seasons so the clu can alternate between bringing out a new kit home/away every season. sod buying a new away kit every season from next year

2. goonerz49

goonerz49 New Member

ok fair play for finding that, i didn't know that they'd said that about the 3rd shirt but i saw somewhere that awe will get a new 3rd shirt just for the champions league, remember 98 the one off blue shirt against lens? and like i said no major team uses a shirt for more then 2 seasons it does not happen, but i might be wrong we'll have to wait and see

3. jester

jester New Member Trusted

apology excepted :D
    i only think its because the last 2 home shirts were used for one season only.
    but surely it'll mean next year two kits will be brought out? an away shirt and a third choice kit? it would have made sense to bring out a new 3rd this year.
    i think it should go
    season 1: bring out home
    season 2: bring out new away, use home
    season 3: bring out new home, also a new 3rd, use away
    season 4: bring out new away, use home and 3rd
    season 5: bring out new home, use away and 3rd
    etc etc, alternate bringing out a new home and away every year, with a 3rd kit coming out every 3 yrs.

4. goonerz49

goonerz49 New Member

i'd agree with that

5. hippocraticoaf

hippocraticoaf New Member

arse, my shirt arrived today, but the arsenal shop forgot to print the name and number on the back :(

6. Swish

Swish New Member

hippo,

if you paid extra for the shirt, send it back and get them to stick the name on it, or at least ask for a refund.

Stick the receipt/email with it as well however and ring them up tomorrow to let them know.

7. ngscottuk

ngscottuk New Member

They forgot to number my shorts so i sent them a email and they said to return with receipt and also put the postage receipt with shorts and they will refund the postage fee too. They must of been really busy.

8. hippocraticoaf

I sent an email earlier, but no reply yet

9. th14fan

th14fan New Member

Don't ever buy anything from sellers from Thailand. Took me 2 1/2months to get my money back. Terrible experience. Can't blame them though. My fault as I should have known not to buy from Ebay. You get what you pay for.

10. PacerAdi

PacerAdi New Member

I have been on a few trips to Thailand with my footy team. They make tons of replica kits out there, all illegal of course, but mostly very good quality, authentic looking and dirt cheap. You can barter down to about 5 quid or less! Still, no matter how good they are, they're not the real thing and even though the price of the real thing is extortionate these days I feel good as a supporter to know that the cash is going to the club.

I would still advise a trip to Thailand with your footy team though. Ahem.

11. hippocraticoaf

did you all pay an extra £12 for a name and number, even if they weren't customised? The Arsenal website is pretty ambiguous

12. DaViEsW

DaViEsW New Member

I ordered the new home kit on Arsenal's site on July 3rd, they debited my account on July 13th.

No shirt has arrived. The Online Store appears to have no contact number. What do I do? I kind of would like that £61 back.

13. arsenal wore their away shirts in the game against AZ Alkmaar. the o2 shirt last season looked much better in my opinion.

14. brianodom

brianodom New Member

where do you live?

remember if you are in the states it's going to be a 7-10 day wait possibly longer..

if you contact info here you go

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... +Directory :D

15. brianodom

brianodom New Member

most are actually made from that neck of the woods..

i bought my kit from EBAY and it was the authentic jersey from nike believe it or not..
    when dealing with sellers on ebay look at their list of buyers and ratings ask them(the buyers from the seller) a question about the person you're buying from thats what i did and bang got an authentic Arsenal jersey nike tags and all ..all by doing some investigating :lol:

16. goonerz49

goonerz49 New Member

for how much?

17. go49oner

go49oner New Member

i hate the new away kit.

18. Jinn

Jinn New Member Elite

It's the same kit we had last season. It's not new at all.

19. apollo

apollo New Member

yeah I really wanted a change , it was OK for one season , but we need change!!!

20. Canuck

Canuck New Member Elite

because of the Highbury Commemerative kit, they've kept the same 2nd kit and changed the 1st kit. If we'd had a regular Red&White kit last season then we would have seen a new 2nd kit this summer.
    As it is we'll most likely have this new Red&White for 2 seasons and have a new 2nd kit next season.
    So enjoy the return of the Red&White and you'll have a new away kit next season.