• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

1st Visit to Highbury

Spike

Established Member
1) Arrive an hour or two early at Highbury
2) Walk around the stadium, take some pictures
3) Check out the new stadium, take some more pictures
4) Pop into the Arsenal shop, buy some merchandising
5) Before heading to your seat, buy a Rollover hotdog and a beer, then walk around the inside of the stand you're sitting in
5) Whilst at your seat, take plenty of pictures/use your camcorder
6) Sing your heart out
7) After the match, join the queue getting into Arsenal Stadium

;)

koivu

The pregame snack is definitely essential. Enjoy your first trip to Highbury mate! I hope it's a memorable one and congrats on getting to a match before the move to Ashburton Grove.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Enjoy your day
Arrive very early try the fish and chip shop thats nearby.
Wait for Arsenal to come and watch them go into staduim via the marble hall entrance
Buy sweets from near by stall buy the gooner magacine
Walk around the area of the stadium you never know who you may see
enter the stadium watch the team warm up
Enjoy the game
After the game its shuffle along to Arsenal tube station

A

Anonymous

Get into the area 4 hours before kick off at least. Go to a few different pubs and have some pints, listen to the general banter and atmosphere generated in the pubs pre game. Go to the merchandise shop to get something to remind you of your day. Buy a burger at one of the burger stalls etc just generally look around. I wouldnt enter highbury until about 30 minutes before kick off, so when you arrive you will get on the terrace that is already packed and it will give you the real sense of atmosphere.

kel varnsen

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Get into the area 4 hours before kick off at least. Go to a few different pubs and have some pints, listen to the general banter and atmosphere generated in the pubs pre game. Go to the merchandise shop to get something to remind you of your day. Buy a burger at one of the burger stalls etc just generally look around. I wouldnt enter highbury until about 30 minutes before kick off, so when you arrive you will get on the terrace that is already packed and it will give you the real sense of atmosphere.

hey, guv. what are your favourite pubs? i really liked bank of friendship; nice atmosphere. the gunners pub was so fekkin' crowded; impossible to even get in...

btw; i suggest just hanging out in the street. buy a few bottles of beer at the local shops and just hang out nearby the stadium. the atmosphere is superb and everyone is really friendly.

A

Anonymous

eh, no. get a burger instead. the fish and chips is disgusting...
Im not one for fish myself, but the chippy on the corner near highbury does the nicest chips and savaloys ive ever tasted :p

hey, guv. what are your favourite pubs? i really liked bank of friendship; nice atmosphere. the gunners pub was so fekkin' crowded; impossible to even get in...
The cannons, gunners, swan etc

RockyRocastle

Established Member
theguvnor said:
eh, no. get a burger instead. the fish and chips is disgusting...
Im not one for fish myself, but the chippy on the corner near highbury does the nicest chips and savaloys ive ever tasted :p

The cannons, gunners, swan etc

Wouldnt have thought you would have liked the gunners, cant stand the place!

koivu

The only one I've been to is Cannons and only on a couple of occasions. I thought it was cool.

Top Bottom