• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2 games, no Song.

McIntyre

Established Member
Meatwad said:
i don't mind that it was a horrible yellow because he needed to get that out of the way and i'd rather he miss burnley (h) and hull (a) than west ham (h) and birmingham (a).

Agreed. Never a yellow in my opinion he just tries to go shoulder to shoulder with Delap (I think), who actually ends up pulling Song's arm to draw the foul as if he'd been blocking him off.

Nonsense.

Barely a foul, definitely not a yellow.

But definitely better off getting them out of the way no.

Abs

Established Member
Song needs to rest and get these cards out of the way. Burnley at home should be an easy win, and Hull away we should have Diaby in there.

sagreig

As long as we have Diaby for these two games (particularly Hull) we should be fine.

Cesc---Eastmond---Diaby

I hope we pick Eastmond ahead of Denilson because he is more defensively-minded and will just sit in front of the back 4 like Song. He also seems to be more energetic and quicker than Denilson so he should be able to 'mop up' better.

At least we have our strikers coming back and hopefully they'll fill their boots against Burnley and find some form. Then, even if we're missing Song for Hull, we can just try to out-score them with Eduardo, Bendtner and Arshavin.

Gunner_JT

I couldn't believe Song got booked for that, let alone foul. A perfectly fine jostle for the ball and Delap may have held Song's arm too.

sagreig

kel varnsen said:
not much of a loss. as cesc, he has been s**t recently.

True, but I think both stepped it up in the second half today. Can't really say Cesc was poor if he ended up with 2 assists and a goal.

We haven't seen the same Song since he came back from the ACoN. Maybe this 'rest' is just what he needs to come back and push us over the finishing line.

qs

Established Member
Agreed if anything Delap was holding his arm.

Anyway the fixtures aren't too bad, Song or not we've no excuse here. He was going to get suspended eventually, possibly the best time.

The irony of the whole thing is I can remember so many terrible yellows against him on a day like today.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
If we hadn't won, the referee would have had a huge load of blame to carry. 2 clear penalties not given and the worst yellow card shown in football history

Timleaf

Established Member
kel varnsen said:

Not much of a loss? Despite the fact that without him and Aaron we barely have three central midfielders to put out for the next two games, and despite the fact that he's our one senior holding player.

Stop chatting absolute sh*te!

Cruisio

Established Member
Potentially the worst decision i've ever seen. How thats a yellow card i'll never know. It stunk of dodginess, almost like he KNEW Song was a card away from a ban. Call it paranoia, I dont care, but that was never a yellow in a million years

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Timleaf said:
Tbf, it was a shocking challenge from Song wasn't it? Lucky to escape a red for that diabolical infringement. I mean, the way he read Delap's intentions and outpaced him down the line, and the way it was actually Delap who pulled Song back. Song should hang his head in shame for that. It's just not on, not in this league, with all these good, honest English pro's around. F*ckin foriegners.

Delap is Irish.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I thought it was just a mistake by Timeleaf, and was letting him know that Delap is Irish. Nothing more to it, twas just for info. I'll remember to PM next time.

Anyway, back on topic.

Having thought about it, I think Song may not be missed for these two games we have coming up. Burnley and Hull City, should really provide 6 points.

Eirico

sagreig said:
kel varnsen said:

True, but I think both stepped it up in the second half today. Can't really say Cesc was poor if he ended up with 2 assists and a goal.

We haven't seen the same Song since he came back from the ACoN. Maybe this 'rest' is just what he needs to come back and push us over the finishing line.

Cesc wasn't poor at all, played very well against Stoke. Here's a vid of his game.

http://goonertalk.com/2010/03/01/video-fabregas-v-stoke-includes-shhh-gesture-at-pulis/

Top Bottom